3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
I am Batman 12.11.21 12:50 am

How old is Shani? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

The question is actually about the Hearts of Stone. I'll tell you right away that I haven't read any of the books if the answer lies in them. In general, as you know at the beginning of the addition in the sewers, we meet our old friend Geralt's friend, Shani. In their conversation, I clearly heard that Geralt was talking about their last meeting in Vizim (that is, the actions of the first part). And as we know there he is still not as old as in the Wild Hunt, but this is understandable, because the Witchers do not age so quickly, but I don’t understand why Shani has not aged since the first part. It turns out that this is not the meeting that I think?
40 Comments
Sort by:
N
Norman bates 12.11.21

ZlobnyDed
The pogrom in Rivia, which officially killed Geralt and Ian, happened on September 25, 1268. 2 years before the events of the first part.

X
X_ray_83 12.11.21

Norman Bates
In the second part at the beginning they write 5 years after the war. 1268-1271 (Witcher 2) almost comes out, but in the first one I don't remember.

N
Norman bates 12.11.21

X_ray_83
In the first part, they also say that 5 years have passed since the war, and that 5 years have passed since Geralt's death. Although in the second part it turns out that only 2 years have passed (1268-1270 (date of the beginning of the first Witcher)). In the first part, the trouble is with the chronology, with the second everything settles, but there are inconsistencies with the first part.

X
X_ray_83 12.11.21

Norman Bates
At the beginning of the second part in the intro when Geralt runs, it is written in 1271, everything converges there.

Z
ZlobnyDed 12.11.21

Norman Bates
So what are you getting at? All the characters who said that Geralt had not been seen for five years - are they lying? And not five years have passed since the war?

N
Norman bates 12.11.21

ZlobnyDed
This is exactly what I'm getting at. But they are not lying, the developers just figured out the chronology only for the second part. Shani did not see Geralt for three years, Zoltan, Buttercup and Triss for 2 years, since they were in Rivia and helped Ciri to load him and Ian into the boat, yes, Geralt did not see the witchers for 5 years. And yes, not five years have passed since the war, either, since the Battle of Brenna, the Peace of Tsintiri and the pogrom in Rivia took place in one year.

Z
ZlobnyDed 12.11.21

Norman Bates
Hmm .. I think I'll go, because. completely ceased to understand your conclusions, although it was precisely to clarify your position that I wanted to achieve

N
Norman bates 12.11.21

ZlobnyDed
I kind of explain everything clearly. But if it's even easier. The first and second parts are very different in dates. The first part says that 5 years have passed since the war and Geralt's death, the game starts in 1270. But already in the second part we are told the exact date of the pogrom in Rivia: September 25, 1268. And from this date, Geralt's memories already go, about what happened to him between the events of the books and the first part. And these memories are very contrary to the very first part. Here is a good article on this chronological leapfrog, everything is clear there: http://www.gamer.ru/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/hronologicheskaya-cheharda-nestykovki-v-datirovkah-sobytiy-v-serii -igr-vedmak

L
Lech the Magnificent 12.11.21

In the book, by the way, Shani generally died during an epidemic in some city there.

Z
ZlobnyDed 12.11.21

Lech the Magnificent
Nothing of the sort. She lived to a ripe old age

N
Norman bates 12.11.21

Lech the Magnificent It was
not Shani who died, but Iola the second. Shani lived 72 years after the Battle of Brenna.
Spoiler "... Shani lived seventy-two years after the battle. She passed away the famous, respected dean of the Department of Medicine at the University of Oxenfurt. Many generations of future surgeons repeated her famous joke:" Sshee red with red, yellow with yellow, white and white. It will surely be good. "

L
Lech the Magnificent 12.11.21

Exactly! I'm sorry

Z
ZlobnyDed 12.11.21

Norman Bates
And what year is indicated on the splash screen, when the second part begins and, in fact, there is a description that SIX, not five years have passed since the end of the war? Would you answer?

N
Norman bates 12.11.21

ZlobnyDed Let me give you a hint
. 1271.

Z
ZlobnyDed 12.11.21

Norman Bates
And what do you think happens? Was the date incorrect or was there a pogrom in another year?

N
Norman bates 12.11.21

ZlobnyDed
It turns out that the date of the end of the war is wrong. After all, Roche tells us the date of the pogrom when he reads his report. And in the third part, in one of the secondary quests, Geralt names the year of the pogrom.

Z
ZlobnyDed 12.11.21

Norman Bates
That's what I wrote about - no need to look for logic in jambs. Otherwise, you can get into such a jungle ..

S
SpartanSoap 12.11.21

ZlobnyDed
oh, litter. I read it as "first appeared in the game."

M
Molarky24 12.11.21

I would give Geralt 45 years old.
Yenifer 38-40 years old
Triss 35
years old Shani 25
years old Ciri 20
years old Priscile 20 years old
something like that. there was another sorceress I do not remember her name. she can be 30 years old.

A
Anderson777- 12.11.21

I would give Shani 27 years