3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
graniza 12.11.21 06:54 pm

Game problem (freezes) (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

There was a problem. I start playing, fps 35-40 at high (well, I set everything up as it should), and then the trouble is - you walk and walk and bam some friezes appear in the frame, but the FPS does not fall, i.e. remains within 35. The picture goes in jerks, but this does not always happen, but often. I ask for help)
And PS In the cut-scenes, as someone moves, then some kind of soap appears. It should be like this or how can it be turned off? (All blur, blur is disabled)
40 Comments
Sort by:
u
urban.kalabanovich 12.11.21

After patch 1.07, I and not only have these strange microfreezes with a stable 30 fps. Before this patch, the picture was smooth - feast for the eyes. Through the Nvidia panel, through simple manipulations (you can dig in Google), it was possible to reduce this irritant to a minimum, but you can't get rid of it, what to do. On overs, the guy with the 980 is struggling with them unsuccessfully so far. There, he was pushed the topic of a very unstable frame time, which the witcher suffers, xs what kind of beast he is.

V
Vyacheslav Shvidenko 12.11.21

graniza
1. Check the system autorun parameters. (Win + R ("Run") - Enter "msconfig" - "Download" tab - Additional parameters ...). We set the maximum number of processors there and put a tick on "Maximum memory"! Save and reload!

2. This is the power setting. (Control Panel - Power Options - Select "High Performance" - Set up a power plan - change advanced power settings). There you find the "Processor Power Management" tab and set the minimum and maximum states to 100%

http://people.overclockers.ru/Vovantro/17836/Windows_7_i_u_Vas_frizit_v_Battlefield_4_UnparkCPU_Vam_osobo_ne_pomozhet/
Wonderful article! Perhaps it will help!

V
Vyacheslav Shvidenko 12.11.21

urban.kalabanovich
I noticed this too. It all started with new patches!

u
urban.kalabanovich 12.11.21

Vyacheslav Shvidenko
Trouble in one word, and it is not clear in which direction to dig. According to the owners, not everyone has such a problem, or maybe they just do not attach any importance to it. My friend played on my car for 2 days (he doesn’t pull at all), he says I’ve got drunk and everything’s cool, there’s no problem.

g
graniza 12.11.21

Vyacheslav Shvidenko
Now the computer itself began to load faster, and the problem did not dare (

n
nitrosh 12.11.21

SP-minus
I would like to thank you for your advice. I have been suffering with freezes since the summer, when the 1.07 patch came out and the game just turned into a slideshow. I tried a lot of things, it didn't help.
As a result, I put the swap file at 16 gigs, "optimize the work of programs." In the game itself, I turned off the vert. synchronization, anti-aliasing and the number of frames per second set at 30. So I switched the response time to "alternative". Well, even when starting the game, I set the priority in the task manager to "low". In general, the friezes have disappeared. It is unlikely, of course, that for good. Surely they will come up with a long game. They were observed before, before patch 1.07, but not very often, about once every one and a half to two hours. I will continue to see how it works. But now it is really possible to play.

M
Metalist1925 12.11.21

nitrosh is
it true? I myself am suffering with a similar misfortune after patch 1.07, before that I was quietly running on mediums. BES unfortunately did not help

n
nitrosh 12.11.21

Metalist1925
yes. I also tried BES, but after a while the game was stuck with it, so it's not an option. Try this method, hope it helps too. Until 1.07, by the way, I calmly played high. But now I had to lower the settings quite a bit.

M
Metalist1925 12.11.21

nitrosh
buddy !!! but there is a case!) ran for about 20 minutes, everything is fine and this is exactly in the place where the wildest friezes were. The only thing I have is vert. sync. enabled, without it, the friezes skipped well, and my swap file is 8 GB

n
nitrosh 12.11.21

By the way, only now I noticed - in some locations there were no NPCs (simple, inactive) or monsters. After the above manipulations, everything returned to its place. so far there are only rare bugs with textures.

M
Maxim Balandin 12.11.21

Friends, Just like you passed the game to the main patches. everything was great and so I decided to play in addition. So, as soon as you start moving or someone moves in the distance, there is a flicker. It's unpleasant to play. And now the most interesting thing is how I coped with this: Oddly enough, but manipulations in the quality of graphics did not lead to anything, nor did I update the drivers. Then I found out that there was a "full-screen mode" menu there, for some reason it was on another, I could not even think of playing on a TV set and there it was deployed for everything and norms. and so, as the current is transformed into a full screen, everything falls into place. I also removed All hair treatments, but this does not seem to be relevant to the case. Check it out!

Good luck to all!

P
Pavlo1983 12.11.21

The original witcher passed on his old lady in 2010 with a dual-core processor in the summer on patch 1.03. Everything was going pretty well (though at the lowest settings, of course, but 20-30 fps was pretty good), but I decided to play Stone Hearts, and put on horror, terrible friezes. On the advice from the Internet, I tried to apply the BES program, but it did not solve the problems, the friezes disappear, but after 5-10 minutes of the game my Witcher hangs at all, it only helps to freeze the Witcher process in BES and again for 5-10 minutes and hello again. nitrosh and SP-minus thanks for your advice, your way with the swap file may help, but I also want to ask how you switched the response time to "alternative".

n
nitrosh 12.11.21

Pavlo1983

P
Pavlo1983 12.11.21

nitrosh thanks a lot, really the way helped. The friezes have not completely disappeared, but there are several times less of them, so it's completely playable now.

Oh, and I also noticed such a joke, on the latest version, trees disappeared somewhere, although they were in patch 1.03. I didn't notice right away that there were no trees, so I got upset because of the friezes :). No one accidentally knows how to return the trees, if not, of course, it's not scary, you can play in The Witcher even without trees, but they don't care about friezes.

n
nitrosh 12.11.21

Pavlo1983
I don’t know about trees, but I noticed that NPCs and monsters were not in some locations. But everyone returned after solving the problem with friezes. And the friezes still, yes, remained in places. They skip especially in Novigrad. But not so often.

P
Pavlo1983 12.11.21

Well, yes, Novigrad is the "hardest" location in the world of The Witcher, before my FPS sank to 15, and in some places even 10. But in other places everything went fine, Velen, Skelige, White Garden, fps 25-30, maybe in Ochsenfurt it was up to 20. But no, I have very good news for everyone: I think I figured out how to defeat the friezes completely. Everything is ingeniously simple, you just need to combine 2 methods: first, do as SP-minus wrote

"Control Panel System and Security System Advanced System Settings Advanced Options Advanced

First, there should be a tick to optimize the operation of programs, and not services
, secondly, we press the "change" button in the virtual memory
further, if you have one disk, then we set the paging file equal to the recommended one (both the minimum and maximum), click "set", the checkboxes are automatically checked and by default,
if there are two disks, then the paging file on the disk that is installed by the system is disabled, and on the second we do as it was said earlier "

Then, as the nitrosh advised in the settings of the Witcher himself to set the response time when moving to an alternative one.

And turn on the BES program as advised in many other posts (limited the processor by -3%). After all the above manipulations, the friezes seem to be like completely disappeared, though 2 tested for only half an hour, of which 15 minutes ran in Novigrad, 15 in Velen by question marks, during this time not a single (!) frieze, and not a single freeze.

n
nitrosh 12.11.21

Pavlo1983
needs to be tried. in Novigrad there were just the most friezes. the main thing is that there are no freezes with BES.

P
Pavlo1983 12.11.21

nitrosh

After setting the correct size of the paging file and ticking to optimize the operation of programs, not services, hangs on the BES program should disappear. I think they were for this very reason.

n
nitrosh 12.11.21

Pavlo1983
Tried with BES. It still hung, just not as fast as before.

P
Pavlo1983 12.11.21

Maybe the likelihood of freezing depends on the graphics settings (I have them all at a minimum, so the computer is already pretty old for the Witcher, I'm glad that I pulled it at all))), today I drove Geralt for 50 minutes, with the BES program, there were no freezes, friezes too. It used to freeze after 5 minutes, so it was not comme il faut to play at all. Well, in any case, if freezes happen on average once an hour, then this is quite tolerable.