3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vidgin 12.11.21 06:56 pm

Rack from the developers (XCOM 2)

I decided to tell everyone my story, maybe someone will laugh, or maybe someone will tell you something sensible.
My system is average in performance, but pulls XCOM2 at maximum settings. With friezes and brakes, but the rules are played. The game is a license.
In general, I played in XCOM2 - 45 hours. I played 5-10 hours a day. Everything was great. Passed about 90% of the plot, the game time has already passed in October. And then bam, the game crashed during one of the battles: the picture froze, the Windows mouse cursor appeared, which was moving sooo slowly. Threw it out. Well, I went to bed and scored. The next day I launch the game: and right at startup, the mouse starts to glitch and only the desktop is visible. Tupit like this for about five minutes, and then the game closes. I will attach the signature text below. During the freeze, if you monitor the RAM (8GB), it fills up in a couple of seconds, and when it reaches 100%, it freezes. Those. the game just started to clog the RAM with some kind of info.
My actions, after each action I tried to start the game - the result is the same:
1. Re-cached the game (many times).
2. Reinstalled the game.
3. Reinstalled C ++, DirectX, NET Framework.
4. Reinstalled Windows (I have been going for a long time).
5. Run as administrator.
6. Launched through the xcom2.exe file, and not through the launcher.
7. I have 8 GB of RAM. Increased the swap file in Windows to 8GB too (maximum 16GB).
8. I tested other games (like you never know my iron flew). Fallout 4, CS GO, Civilization 5 go as usual and do not eat the RAM.
9. I contacted the official technical support, they actually advised all of the above actions)) right now for the second day they are silent.

What is most interesting, this is the first time I have such a baida, so that the game stops starting after the n-th amount of time played. I would understand if it did not start immediately and I would return the money. And then I played dofig hours, and before the final such an ass. By the way, the configuration of my computer is in my profile, if that.

Problem Signature:
Problem Event
Name : APPCRASH Application Name: XCom2.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.30310
Application Time Stamp: 56a90eb5 Error
Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll Error
Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385 Error
Module Time Stamp: 4a5bdfe0 Exception
Code : 00000001
Exception Offset: 000000000000aa7d
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Language Code: 1049
Additional Information 1: 51ff
Additional Information 2: 51ff4eb713e9511fe8bb987e488fe357
Additional Information 3: 6c75
Additional Information 4: 6c7526a39ab061a79d4d1fc9dbd9d833 A

link to the log that the game generates each time the game starts, it outlines where something goes wrong.
http://support.2k.com/attachments/token/tfMxhGq43XFcWJ2BOuTHKAZoC/?name=Launch.log

Problem solution:
One of the saves got corrupted during the game. Due to a corrupted save, the game refused to start, something like this. It was only necessary to find this corrupted save and delete, and the problem was solved. The rest of the conservation survived and continued to work.
29 Comments
Sort by:
A
Apokalipsis113 12.11.21

Perhaps there is a problem with the south bridge in the metropolitan area or with the operational one. We need to start with the RAM tests.

v
vidgin 12.11.21

Apokalipsis113
which tests would you recommend? And doesn't the performance of other games exclude the "hardware problem"?

A
Alex coachman 12.11.21

Rehish the game.

v
vidgin 12.11.21

Alex Coachman
, in my message under item 1) I wrote that I overcached many times))

A
Alex coachman 12.11.21

vidgin Call
me. I read something inattentively. Well, then there really is something, if not with hardware, then with the software some kind of incompatibility.

PS Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.
Judging by the log on the main hard (where the OS) there is no place. If there is really a lot of space, then only the developed ones will help. Maybe in which patch they will fix it. This is a cant of the game rather. Moreover, 8 gigs of opera scores. Wait for their answer.
Alternatively, try downloading the pirate and see the result. Unfortunately, there are times when there is a problem on litsuha, but everything is fine on pirates. For example, if the security system has failed.

v
vidgin 12.11.21

Alex Coachman,
I also thought so initially, but did not install the new software. And the glitch happened right during the game (i.e. not after a new patch). It's a paradox. Usually I solve my technical problems with games myself, but in this case my knowledge and experience is not enough. I xs what happened and how to fix it.

G
Givemethedust 12.11.21

HZ, I would have cleaned up the registry with something else after deleting the game

S
Snip 12.11.21

vidgin
I understood correctly, complete reinstallation of Windows, reinstallation of the game, what about the saves? Are they also from scratch or were the old ones transferred?

In general, on the advice of Givemethedust, after deleting, clean the registry, and if the old settings and save files remain, temporarily remove them, for example, copy them to another place and delete the originals, let the game reconfigure the settings for the default ones ... well, then according to the circumstances =)

v
vidgin 12.11.21

Snip
yes, I also deleted the saves. But it doesn't matter, because the game freezes at the moment of launch, i.e. after clicking "play". The opening screensavers do not even appear there, everything just hangs. Even the main menu does not open.

Givemethedust
I reinstalled Windows, where the registry was completely updated in the system)

A
Alex coachman 12.11.21

vidgin
Very strange. 90% played enough. Try a pirate. There will be a rzhaka if it helps. So you will answer with support. Thank you, the pirates have already helped me))

v
vidgin 12.11.21

Alex Coachman
I've thought about this many times, but then I won't get the rarest achievements =

v
vidgin 12.11.21

Apokalipsis113, by the
way, tonight I will try to take his memory sticks from a friend and replace it with me. Check, so to speak, experimentally, whether the game will start.

S
Snip 12.11.21

vidgin
Achievements, but here, for the sake of interest, I wonder what will come out of the pirate))

A
Apokalipsis113 12.11.21

vidgin
what tests would you recommend? And doesn't the performance of other games exclude the "hardware problem"?
You can also start with a test built into the bootloader of the operating system. If it shows that everything is fine, then any strony that does not work under the operating system (with autoloading to the axis), on torrent trackers in test and recovery assemblies, any such will do.
When the RAM starts to bend, then this is manifested only in certain scenarios of program behavior. And in the future, it can spread to everything.
By the way, I'll try tonight to take his memory sticks from a friend and replace it with me. Check, so to speak, experimentally, whether the game will start.
Good idea. True, in case of problems with the south bridge, it will not give a guarantee for detection. This is probably in service centers.

By the way, as an option, you can check the system for viruses. Game license? If not, then maybe this is the defensive behavior of the axis on the unsafe code of the broken executable.

v
vidgin 12.11.21

Apokalipsis113
By the way, as an option, you can check the system for viruses. Game license? If not, then maybe this is the defensive behavior of the axis on the unsafe code of the broken executable.

Game license. It makes no sense to check for viruses, because I reinstalled Windows on a new local disk. And I tried to launch the game before I started browsing the internet. There is a licensed KIS 2015 on the computer.
In the evening I will unsubscribe after changing the RAM

B
BarackKamacho 12.11.21

I studied the log and found this line,
Address = 0x40540821 (filename not found) [in C: Steam steamapps common XCOM 2 Binaries Win64 XCom2.exe]
Address = 0x76bd652d (filename not found) [in C : Windows system32 kernel32.dll]
Address = 0x76f1c521 (filename not found) [in C: Windows SYSTEM32 ntdll.dll]
Address = 0x76f1c521 (filename not found) [in C: Windows SYSTEM32 ntdll. dll]
on the launcher do not care, but the lack of libraries is a frequent trample,
can you check for their presence or just download them? All the same, dll libraries may or may not be a thing, but it is really possible to download them and as far as I checked the kernel dll has to do with the operative the most direct, in any case it seems to me it is necessary to dig in this direction

e
enrikokarvales 12.11.21

tried to delete the game settings?

v
vidgin 12.11.21

enrikokarvales
yes, after reinstalling Windows, all settings have disappeared (the entire settings folder has been deleted).

v
vidgin 12.11.21

BarackKamacho
ok, I'll try to search the internet for these libraries today, thanks)

B
BarackKamacho 12.11.21

vidgin
first check in the system itself