3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Black.Card 12.11.21 07:19 pm

Let's create a new supercomputer step by step together.

Hello dear friends!

Recently raised the topic of buying a PS4 / Xbox One for games. But my choice settled on assembling a new super-powerful computer.

I already have one computer, which is currently strictly used for work. You will find approximate characteristics in my profile.

Now we are going to build a computer many times more powerful. It goes by itself, step by step, since I do not have such a large amount. The estimated assembly time is a year and a half.

I want to note right away that the topic was created not for showing off, but for help and advice from the same geeks like me.

So, the approximate characteristics of the future computer:

Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME / U3.1
Processor: INTEL CORE â„¢ I7-5930K
RAM: 64-128 GB
Video cards: 2 or 4 x Nvidia Titan X
Of course a bunch of SSDs and hard drives
Conventional cooling system (planned to use only 6 coolers)

NEED TIPS AND HELP, WHAT WOULD YOU ADVISE?

So, the beginning was made in a rather difficult way.
A computer was bought (in fact - g * but) - the cheapest of the optimal ones that were ready-made. I didn’t want to use it, because what would happen to him in a year. And collecting in parts is long and tedious, and it is more difficult to collect than to change everything one by one.
The characteristics of that computer (g-but the case, g-no power supply, in general, all g-but, only the i3-4170 processor made me happy). But I will say one thing, you can still play.

Starter computer price: 14,500 hryvnia / 550 dollars / 42,000 rubles (Average rate at the time of purchase).

After 3 days (Monday 02/01/2016), a phased improvement began. You can read the details in the next post.
54 Comments
Sort by:
B
Black.Card 12.11.21

The first step was to purchase one of the most expensive cases AEROCOOL PGS XPREDATOR Orange (EN56472)
Excellent cooling system, 3 built-in large coolers (for two LED backlighting), Full Tower, iron, fan adjustment speed, etc.

Price 4100 hryvnia / 155 dollars / 12000 rubles.

Spoiler

B
Black.Card 12.11.21

But, I ran into a big problem, the old power supply unit did not fit there ... I had to take a new one.

My choice fell on the Chieftec 1250C (i.e. 1250W).

Price: 5900 hryvnia / 220 dollars / 17000 rubles

Spoiler

B
Black.Card 12.11.21

Well, for a start, a gaming mouse and

keyboard were purchased: Mouse: Crown CMXG-606 Price: 380 hryvnia / 13 dollars / 1100 rubles
Claudia: Gemix W-210 Price: 500 hryvnia / 15 dollars / 1500 rubles

Spoiler

F
FIL. Just FIL 12.11.21

And your workhorse profile piece. What are you doing? And, since you indicate the hryvnia, then you seem to have a crisis there? Something I am not talking about ...

B
Black.Card 12.11.21

Well, I finished it off with a 23-inch Samsung TV (I don't remember which model) Full HD + Smart TV

Price: 5600 hryvnia / 210 dollars / 16200 rubles

Spoiler

B
Black.Card 12.11.21

FIL. Just FIL
Server-side programming, partly on iOS, website design + 3D modeling.

PS I work remotely on foreign sites, I don't care where the crisis is) He only plays into my hands. (I get money in $)

B
Black.Card 12.11.21

So, jokes as a joke, but at the moment we already have a solid cost, although we bought only 4 worthwhile things (starter computer, TV, case and power supply).

Total costs to start: 30980 hryvnia / 1163 dollar / 89800 rubles

In dollars - where it did not go, but in hryvnia and rubles - it’s scary to look at.

B
Black.Card 12.11.21

PS For those who will buy this case, keep in mind that the case is gorgeous - excellent CO, powerful, chic design and quality material, ideal for cool systems, but it weighs 18 kilograms !!!
The body is 30 cm wide and 85 cm long!
If you put it on the table, expect right away that you will have to change the table to a larger one, and if there are children in the house, it is better not to put it on the floor, after 15 minutes my son already stuffed seeds and climbed into USB 3.0 with a screwdriver ...

K
Kazipuka 12.11.21

I immediately recall the article in "Gambling addiction" about iron and the heading "I saw you in a dream" ...

B
Black.Card 12.11.21

Kazipuka
Someone sees, someone does.
Let me remind you that the topic is suitable for geeks, ordinary users will not understand it.

S
Sanchez ramirez 12.11.21

the cheapest of the optimal ones that were ready to be
assembled in parts - long and tedious.
Good geek, you can’t say anything. And tell me, please, with what will you power your 4 titans and a dozen disks? And what is so much RAM for? It will be some kind of server, right? Titans?

-
-SK.art- 12.11.21

Black.Card
Now we are going to build a computer many times more powerful. It goes by itself, step by step, since I do not have such a large amount. The estimated assembly time is a year and a half.

We started with this, and this can be finished. For this mega-assembly of yours will be irrelevant by the fall, because more powerful video cards of the new generation will already be released, and not only cards, most likely.
All this verbiage with such an assembly period, not otherwise.

PS: ahh, I didn't understand at first. You collect this monster in stages .. Then it's clear, understandable.

gaming mouse and keyboard were purchased

:-)

-
-SK.art- 12.11.21

Black.Card
I already have one computer, which is currently used strictly for work. You will find approximate characteristics in my profile.

soooo ... Go to profile. And what do we see?

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X99-GAMING 5 Processor: Intel Core i7 4790K

Actually, the question is: did you hammer the processor into this motherboard with a sledgehammer or a hammer?

And therefore, I'm inclined not to believe this:
I want to note right away that the topic was created not for showing off, but for help and advice from the same geeks like me.

Somewhere here on the forum, the same comrade was revealed already. And more than once.

B
Black.Card 12.11.21

Sanchez Ramirez
The power supply I currently have is the Chieftec 1250C, it takes only 3 vidyahi. Although this is already at risk, which is why I wrote 2-4 titanium, it will be used, of course, at 4K resolution, + at the time of final assembly we will look at VR, what they will achieve in a year.
No, exclusively for gaming. I thought about the server before, but refused. I don’t need it at the moment.

-Sergey Viktorovich-
The master told me the same thing, BUT, if, for example, by the time I reach the vidyahi, some Titan W has already been released, so we will consider it, of course, as well as other components. + It should be borne in mind that at the moment I am in Ukraine, and here it is quite problematic with AAA + components, I already had to abandon the Water Cooling, because this is a rarity and there are no normal masters.
-Sergey Viktorovich- I
didn't drive about the sledgehammer. If you mean to break it, then I wrote that this is strictly a working computer.

-
-SK.art- 12.11.21

Black.Card
Pro sledgehammer did not drive . If you mean to break it, then I wrote that this is strictly a working computer.

How did you manage to put the processor with socket 1150 into the motherboard with socket LGA2011-3 ???

B
Black.Card 12.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
Sorry, I apologize, he is a sucker in Africa! I confess!

Gigabit mother ga-z97-x99-gaming5, looked at the box .... z97 simply forgot to indicate :)

B
Black.Card 12.11.21

By the way, to the question about feeding:

Really, if you figure 4 vidyakhi, which power supply to put it?
To know what is generally in Ukraine I show:
http://brain.com.ua/category/Bloky_pytanyya-c1442-221/order=desc;sortby=price/#lists
http://hard.rozetka.com.ua/ psu / c80086 / sort = expensive; 21321 = 10935 /

That is, at the moment I have the most powerful one we have.
http://hard.rozetka.com.ua/chieftec_navitas_gpm_1250c/p391224/

Spoiler Specifications Chieftec Navitas GPM-1250C Product

code GPM-1250C
Power 1250 W
Cable
type Modular Connector type for connecting to the motherboard ATX 20 + 4pin
Cooling Fan 140 mm
Connector type CPU power connections 2x4 + 4pin
Number of connectors for additional power supply for video cards 6
Type of connectors for additional power supply for video cards 6x6 + 2pin
Number of connectors for HDD / FDD / SATA 3/1/12
Maximum loads +3.3 V - 25 A
+5 V - 25 A
+5 V & +3.3 B combined - 150 W
+12 V1 - 104 A / 1248 W
+5 V SB - 4 A
-12 V - 0.8 A
Dimensions, weight 200 x 150 x 87 mm
Optional efficiency up to 90%
Active PFC (Power Factor Correction)
UVP ( Undervoltage protection)
OVP (Overvoltage protection)
SCP (Short circuit
protection ) OPP (Overload protection)
OCP (Overcurrent protection)
OTP (Over Temperature Protection)
AFC (Automatic Fan Speed ​​Control)
Certificates:
ATI Crossfire / Nvidia SLI / 80 PLUS GOLD
60 Months Warranty
More details: http://hard.rozetka.com.ua/chieftec_navitas_gpm_1250c/p391224/

-
-SK.art- 12.11.21

Black.Card
Really, if you figure 4 vidyahi

it absolutely makes no sense, because all 4 will not be fully used in games. Already three video cards in a bundle for games is a very dubious purchase. For the optimization of such a bundle is already lame.

B
Black.Card 12.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
In this case, why are there 4 vidyahi in the top nurses? :) + I have seen many posts about 5K extensions with four views. So everything is real, the question remains open - how?

B
Black.Card 12.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
And again forget about VR, I don't want to throw a lot of money on a computer and change components every year, because Nobody will even buy them at the price of a used one ... All components will come with a 3-5 year warranty, and I will count on this for such a period without upgrades.