3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Boor 12.11.21 07:37 pm

What kind of beast is this Halo? (Halo: Combat Evolved)

Chera ran past the stall and saw a beta version of this game. But something confused me. Who played, can you tell me if it makes sense to take it and what can you compare it with?
30 Comments
Sort by:
d
domiki 12.11.21

: lol

P
Pasha St 12.11.21

to [September]
This was clearly not written by Bungie's competitors, who did not even read the introduction of the first book of the HALO series, everything is written about NEEDLER, and it appeared long before Half-Life

V
Vuzya 12.11.21

Uhahahaha))

Subject:
XD

R
Real Chip 12.11.21

I liked the game, although I played it as soon as it came out, and the graphics did not seem so bad to me, although the animation is lousy and the locations are monotonous.

J
JetRanger 12.11.21

Halo takes on dynamics, music, gameplay, epicness. The gameplay is built in such a way that it does not let you get bored even in repetitive rooms, which, by the way, are very well planned, which compensates for their repetition. Indoor spaces are grandiose, open landscapes are varied and even picturesque, despite poor graphics. The weapons are balanced, opponents are competently dispersed throughout the territory of each level and are diverse, no matter who says anything, each type needs its own approach.

S
SkyGame 12.11.21

And so the first time I tried to play for a very long time, but there it did not go further a couple of levels. And recently I saw this game on the Internet for nothing, I think I'm downloading, it's still small, and see how this saga began with the Halo universe Running ahead I will say that I went through the whole game completely. They will not talk about the graphics. But for 2001 it was not bad, there were quite good textures, for example, ice, and the floor on alien ships. Physics in the game is also not bad for 2001 The dead have the same physics, but all the same, their falls are strictly according to the recorded animations, but still you will not find the bodies of the dead get stuck in the textures characteristic of that time.
Now, about the gameplay itself, the skirmishes are normal, smart enemies who do not stand still contribute to this, the aliens are well oriented in place, and do not hesitate to get into their transport if possible. The same applies to allies, they are not just for decoration, but really help Then, of course, new enemies appear in the form of mutants, and the appearance of these creatures is shown not badly. Especially when the covens are fighting these mutants, you can step aside to watch them knock each other down. There are not very many weapons. In some places, enemies begin to spawn and respawn and these places have to be overcome by running, you do not distract enemies, run to the checkpoint. Probably about half of the game is interesting, but then it just starts a terrible copy-paste of levels, I have not seen this anywhere before, I understand the bases of the covenants are all the same,but damn this is not a reason to do everything the same, I remember running from one base to another, and they are all like twins. what's outside what's inside, the same and the same type of levels when we run after the blue ball. And the main thing is there are no small details that on the cosmetic the ship has bare walls and empty rooms, as if no one lives on this ship, the same is true in the places of the aliens. It’s straight that they don’t live anywhere. This is the world, it must be worked out at least a little, otherwise everywhere is empty.it must be worked out at least not a lot, otherwise everything is empty.it must be worked out at least not a lot, otherwise everything is empty.
Now to the plot, I had a game with an amateur translation, but no matter how hard I tried, I didn't understand what's what in this game, I realized that we were attacked and we landed on the planet in the form of a circular ring. takes the blue ball, what it wants from us. What why, why? In general, the plot is at the level of delirium, and not how it does not keep it in suspense.
Yes, the gameplay with smart enemies is good. But the rest is average. I honestly don't understand why the game became a hit, maybe there was nothing to play on the xbox at that time. So we clung to this game. Again, such a "unique" universe can be found in any game where the action takes place in space, I did not see any well-developed universe in the first Halo. The game is not bad, but not as a hit, and certainly not a super universe. Of course, I tried to take into account that the game was in 2001, maybe somewhere I went too far. But according to the review of the PG, it is clear that in 2003 they were no longer happy with this game. Wow, well, I scribbled the text flow)).
From the game, especially at the beginning, I got pleasure, which means a lot, and besides, I did not give up, and passed.

K
Kind_Stone 12.11.21

The game has pleased me for a long time, and it pleases me again. Beautiful textures, an interesting plot, spectacular in a sense and interesting battles, a variety of levels. And as some say, the engine is at max. settings does not slow down at all. And this despite the fact that the hardware is not very new. The only drawback is the lack of intelligible voice acting or subtitles for voice acting. There is also a bug on XP SP3, at the expense of an error when starting the game, but there is already a way to fix it. Some people think that Halo has a weak storyline. They have the option of reading Halo: The Fall of Reach by Eric Nyland and Halo: Stream by William Deetz. They detail the background of the universe, the events of the game, and everything can be found with a professional translation. And yet, from the previous comment, our dear colleague is dissatisfied with the misunderstanding of the plot. Gentlemen, to understand all this, one cannot limit ourselves to AMATEUR translation. I also tried to understand something in this translation, but if you know English, it's not a sin to use ENGLISH voice acting. And if you still don't understand something, you can read the above-named works (you can't find it in stores, download it "on the left"). I really liked some of the textures, the graphics are quite decent for that time, and for the present they are even very pleasant, but the lack of beautiful shaders is disappointing. For XBOX owners and graphics enthusiasts, go play Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, the 2011 graphics re-release of the game. swing "left"). I really liked some of the textures, the graphics are quite decent for that time, and for the present they are even very pleasant, but the lack of beautiful shaders is disappointing. For XBOX owners and graphics enthusiasts, go play Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, the 2011 graphics re-release of the game. swing "left"). I really liked some of the textures, the graphics are quite decent for that time, and for the present they are even very pleasant, but the lack of beautiful shaders is disappointing. For XBOX owners and graphics enthusiasts, go play Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, the 2011 graphics re-release of the game.

J
JetRanger 12.11.21

Amateur translation is, of course, a complete Achtung. "Hurry, find the captain's keys!", "Hmm, your instructions are almost the same as Adam", "She'll explode in five!", "Hello, it's over" and other gems. Pillar of Autumn is called "The Atom Column" ... Abracadabra, in a word.

R
RolandDeschain 12.11.21

I decided to join the legendary classics. I have never played any part of "Gala" in my 21 years. Honestly, I haven't seen such shit for a long time.

1) There is no free save, there are only fucking checkpoints. You used to kill all the enemies in the location, and then the last freak, whom you can't even see, shoots at you from behind, and you die. We have to replay the entire battle, because checkpoints are not only scattered every half hour, but also the "Save checkpoint" option does absolutely nothing. Well, I crossed a bridge full of aliens, well, save me! No, you will die and you will pass it over again. This is especially pleasing in one of the last levels, where it is winter and night. There is a checkpoint at the beginning of a huge piece of the map, and we did not bother to issue a transport.

2) Why was it necessary to reinvent the wheel and make turns of the transport not with the help of "A" and "D", but with the help of the mouse? Very inconvenient. At the time of the release of the game, there were already several parts of the NSF, so people knew that it was more convenient to turn with the keys. So why? And it would be okay if only this, but a car with a machine gun in the stern always brings it up as if it were on ice, the tank is very clumsy, and a flying bike cannot be used at all - when riding it, the mouse itself is dropped to the center along the vertical axis, and fire moving on this purple piece of shit is simply impossible even physically. And something like an airplane cannot hang in the air at all in order to shoot everyone calmly, but the speed is only on the way: so you have to do over9000 turns in order to kill at least someone from this flying piece of parasha.

3) Problems with balance.
a) First aid kits are given once a year. Therefore, you are often afraid to stick your nose around the corner, and with a bored heartbeat in your ears, you will die, because the checkpoint was 15 minutes ago, there is only one strip of heels left, and somehow you don’t want to replay it all over again, you know.
b) And these freaks who, with one (!) hit by a green slug, nullify the entire suit, even if we are in a tank? Why then do you need this tank at all, if you catch 10 times more damage with your face in it than without it?
c) And when we quite often find ourselves alone against two heavily armed monsters, who are helped by about 20 smaller freaks? Moreover, these heavily armed monsters demolish with one hit not only the entire suit, but all the hels, with the exception of 1 strip. Is this normal in your opinion?
d) And when an invisible Jedi with a lightsaber jumps out on us like hell out of the ass, demolishing us in half a second, is that normal? Do you call this balance?
e) In several places, the enemies respawn endlessly, but we learn about this only after 5 minutes of commercials shooting at them and spending all the ammunition. Balance at its finest.

4) What about the plot? This is a laughing matter for the chickens. And in Wikipedia so much information has been written from somewhere.
a) Where did it come from? How do I know that "Halo: Combat Evolved is set in 2552? How do I know that" the UNSC cruiser Pillar of Autumn escaped into slipspace after the Fall of Reach ended? " Someone there "opens a giant ring-world - Halo floating in space next to the gas giant?" lost, someone is attacking there. Who are all these people? Why should I not give a shit? Why did the developers not make at least some background? At least a couple of lines of text, like In Mass Effect 1. Why?
b) Because of the pirate I didn't understand the translation at all:
* "The stream has seized the cruiser and incapacitated it." Why would the Flood break a captured ship? Is he really an idiot? To spend a little time fixing it? What for?
* Who, when and why freed the Flood from captivity? Cap? What for? Who saved Cap from those swamps anyway? Our GG could not, tk. he just threw everyone away, leaving after the blue flying ball. Then who?
* Who, when and why imprisoned the Flood on X (G) ale? Where did he come from?
* Why the only way to stop the Flood is to starve it by destroying all organic matter in the Galaxy? Whose sick mind came up with this most ingenious plan?

5) And when we rescue our cap from an alien prison, he tells us that when he was abducted, he heard the aliens barking about this ring, that it was supposedly a weapon with a religious meaning called X (G) alo and that that who governs it, governs the universe. So how could he hear this if almost all the sounds the aliens make resemble either a giving birth gorilla with constipation or masturbating crying baby macaques?

6) Often, simply hitting an alien in the face with a gun is much more effective and lethal for him than shooting. Yes, because in life it is also so, yeah.

7) And why such a jerky animation? Reloading weapons, melee strikes, running NPCs. Why is everything in jerks?

8) Here everyone is driven to the clowns with shelters. So X (G) alo is also a jester with shelters. For if the suit is over, then there is nothing left but to squat for 7 seconds around the corner, waiting for it to regenerate.

9) Lack of official Russian voice acting. I played with one of three amateurs (I don't remember who exactly), and the voice acting is terrible. Sometimes phrases remain untranslated, and often end in mid-sentence. And they had "Captain Keyes" at first as "Captain Keyes" (as it should be), but then for some reason suddenly became "captain's keys". I especially remember the phrase "But I Don't Want". And at the same time it is very quiet. This is especially noticeable when we need to run around the same type of locations accompanied by a ball. This ball is broadcasting something under my breath, but I just can't hear it. Moreover, in the heat of battle, all the sounds of the battle are drowned out by his quiet remarks. And in one place, almost at the end of the game, they tell us that we need to go to the control room, although the AI ​​says that we need to go to the shuttle department and the engine room. WTF? And there are no subs, not even English ones, which is inconvenient.

10) Long levels. At some point, I caught myself thinking that I did not remember where and why I was going. So the same type and lengthy shooting of aliens fucked up my brain.

11) Often the GG dies for no reason. A full suit, full of chels, in front of me there are only four of these small (!) Freaks, and I'm dead. How why?

12) It is often not clear where to go. Here is the level where we were looking for the X (G) alo launch room. I thought I had to go to the other side of one of the billion bridges, but no! It was necessary to get into a flying purple tractor and fly it to another steppe from the bridge. If it were not for luck, I would have rushed there.

PS I'm not talking about the fact that I had to google and upload the mod to get rid of the flawed meager FOV by default, and manually adjust the resolution in the properties of the FullHD shortcut, because the game does not automatically support it.

PPS Note that I am not paying any attention to the graphics because I understand that this is 2001 (2003 on PC), and there can be no complaints about it. For the sake of fairness, we must admit that the graphon is not bad for 2001.

PPS The pluses include good music and a visual illusion of being on this ring.

m
miri23 12.11.21

RolandDeschain
I've also decided to try the classics in 2021, it didn't work out, an unrealistic imbalance, and there is no point in playing the easy one. Damn one porridge of bots