3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
EARussia 19.11.21 12:26 am

Are residents returning to Pripyat?

19 Comments
Sort by:
W
WAga 19.11.21

There are many people living in the zone. Most returned after being evicted, unable to settle elsewhere, mostly old-timers.

r
rPeBoJL 19.11.21

only 3 people? local indignant
Spoiler

L
Lex-one 19.11.21

rPeBoJL
Don Grafon approves.

R
Ripper man 19.11.21

Fang, Shooter and Ghost!

t
the endless misanthropy o 19.11.21

There is life even in the radiation-poisoned zone, but not in me

p
predator999 19.11.21

Just 3? Surely there are other villages nearby

r
rPeBoJL 19.11.21

s
stalker7162534 19.11.21

“So, according to the state registration data, about 300 people currently live in the Chernobyl exclusion zone. Most of the self-settlers are concentrated in small villages. The largest number of residents is in the city of Chernobyl - 40 people. and others live from two to several dozen self-settlers. In 2013, their total number was more than 300. Thus, the answer to the question "do people live in Pripyat" is unambiguous and quite specific. - Read more on FB.ru: http: / /fb.ru/article/167988/jivut-li-v-pripyati-lyudi-mojno-li-seychas-jit-v-pripyati "

7Rain7 19.11.21

L
Le Gaspilleur 19.11.21

the endless misanthropy of the black cosmos
Even in the radiation-poisoned zone there is life, but not in me
Get the worms if you can't get pregnant.

r
rPeBoJL 19.11.21

Le Gaspilleur
they will run away on their own)) or they will start their own sect)) "witnesses of the fact that I was lost in myself"

L
Le Gaspilleur 19.11.21

rPeBoJL
Not to see him consolation, as his own ........)

M
Mr. Rifleman 19.11.21

Anyone can write on Wikipedia, don't forget that. I can't imagine how you can live there now. Walking - yes, you can still, I would not mind, but living is too much.
Come on. What kind of UG?

t
tovarish comrade 19.11.21

Not surprising, because Chernobyl is now the quietest place in Ukraine: all the mutants fled to other places.

G
GTAman 19.11.21

Even in the radiation-poisoned zone there is life, but not in me.
Come on, you have a few kilos of bacteria, don't forget.

S
Sergius Zaccharias 19.11.21

I looked at Wikipedia in other languages ​​and it says everywhere that the population is 0.

V
Vanya Rygalov 19.11.21

And what is the decay period of that bullshit that exploded there?

t
tovarish comrade 19.11.21

Vanya Rygalov
Thousands or even millions of years.

G
GTAman 19.11.21

Vanya Rygalov
The half-life of strontium-90 is ~ 28.8 years, cesium-137 is ~ 30.2 years. These are the main pollutants. There are also isotopes of plutonium and americium with half-lives up to thousands of years, but very few of them. You can live in Chernobyl now, the background is normal there, in Pripyat the pollution is uneven: somewhere the background is normal or slightly higher, and in some places there are spots where hundreds of microR / h. In the foreseeable (although not very near) future it will probably be possible to live there, but there is no point in returning: the buildings are in disrepair, the city needs to be rebuilt, but this is not required, because it was a city for the station workers, and now they live in Slavutich. Better to leave the area as a nature reserve.