3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Elitnyy Yuzer 10.09.19 07:32 am

Where to buy games not tied to Steam?

Since we are in the previous topic went that the incentive can only be rented, then where to buy. Gog.com not the same.
32 Comments
Sort by:
A
ANTI_XPECT 10.09.19

But the question is - Why??????

M
MunchkiN 616 10.09.19

the vast majority of developers are now producing games exclusively for steam and similar services. if there free games that they are very few. I don't know any but IMO and presumably padmaka 3.
and origin yupley fayloobmenniki and currentedition.

E
Eliry 10.09.19

Since so critical that it had not the incentive it's just an old (well, relatively) of the game. Although they're on new hardware will not go.

50GB 10.09.19

Where to buy games not tied to steam?

In Currentmarket

Z
Zhizn dermo 10.09.19

Solely on torrents for the price of the Internet.

T
Toxa95 10.09.19

In the retail disk.
Once the game is likely tied to the origin and every uplay.

h
hardwaredude 10.09.19

Eliry

Since so critical that it had not the incentive it's just an old (well, relatively) of the game. Although they're on new hardware will not go.

Who told you such nonsense?

l
lookaway 10.09.19

what is this nonsense with renting? the game belongs to you. even if steam goes Tits up, the game just get rid of him or will work in offline mode.
steam is convenient. from and patches, and community workshop and everything (even trade).

i
ironHAMMER.ms 10.09.19

the game belongs to you. even if steam goes Tits up, the game just get rid of him or will work in offline mode.
Only now flew you train, you're buying new, and then steam went down....

D
Devil208 10.09.19

lookaway
If steam goes Tits up, it will not run you more your games bought there, ever. Out - buy the games on discs. Game discs not going anywhere.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.09.19

offline they will not work. more precisely, they can work until installed and steam in offline. if you try to go on the disabled steam will be chef's all gone. not to mention how to set Igor.

l
lookaway 10.09.19

ironHAMMER.ms
the end of the Internet and servers will suddenly come, or what?. unbind from its DRM copies of your games and all the poles and the Witcher did.

and by contract they can't just take it without consequences to terminate the agreement without consequences for themselves.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 10.09.19

Game discs not going anywhere.
If they are on those drives will be. For example 3 IU 80 percent of the files swung from the Internet.

lookaway
How do you download your shimokobe, if steam goes kaput?

W
WoRG55 10.09.19

If Gog is not satisfied, so variants no longer even Russian localizers translate their products on steam service. The game does not belong to you it's true, you get endless subscription to the game, but at any time you can withdraw(this rule come up against unscrupulous buyers and in case of bankruptcy). Offline games will work if installed, but if not, will have to look for an installed copy on the tracker, SteamRip. If so interested, you can download a rip, disable the Internet and try to install and run the game. Although on the steam forum a couple of times complained that offlate mode stops working after some time and requires to connect to the servers.

r
rPeBoJL 10.09.19

E
Elitnyy Yuzer 10.09.19

WoRG55
So officially we can say spent.

D
Devil208 10.09.19

and by contract they can't just take it without consequences to terminate the agreement without consequences for themselves.
Read the agreement. I was reading and it says that valve can terminate the services indefinitely, even forever, while not reimbursing anyone or anything. If you use steam you automatically agree to this condition. The consequences will, of course, but certainly not from users.

l
lookaway 10.09.19

Devil208
it is possible the name of the item and a specific place? the screen can

D
Devil208 10.09.19

lookaway
Read it for yourself if you're interested. I read quite a while already, and now again to look for it all don't want.

l
lookaway 10.09.19

Devil208
I was reading today and have not seen such a moment, therefore and asked