3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fatrus 19.11.21 09:33 pm

Window puzzle (Fallout 4)

The conditions of the problem are as follows:
There is a monitor with a native resolution of 1440x900. AMD Radeon HD 6450 1 Gb (DDR-3) graphics card. And, in fact, the game Fall 4 in a 720x480 window.
Task:
How to make the game window fill the entire screen at startup without changing the monitor resolution and the game window resolution?
Answers like "run in full screen", "buy hardware", etc. are not acceptable.
Hope for smart people / programmers.
28 Comments
Sort by:
F
Fatrus 19.11.21

BlackNigerSofa
Violation of the problem conditions. "without changing the monitor resolution and GAME WINDOW RESOLUTION."

F
Fatrus 19.11.21

BlackNigerSofa
This is part of the test for weak systems.

On the subject:
There are lines in the Fallout4Custom.ini file:
[Display]
iLocation X = -4
iLocation Y = 73

Can their values ​​affect the position / stretch of the window?

F
Fatrus 19.11.21

BlackNigerSofa
Screenshots from the system specified in the conditions?

Now.

F
Fatrus 19.11.21

BlackNigerSofa

here. Please.

F
Fatrus 19.11.21

BlackNigerSofa
When running on the specified system, you have to change the resolution of the desktop. Otherwise, the window "leaves" xs where.))
I'll show you right now.

F
Fatrus 19.11.21

BlackNigerSofa

F
Fatrus 19.11.21

In Fallout4Prefs.ini,
bTopMostWindow = 1
bMaximizeWindow = 1
bBorderless = 1
bFull Screen = 0
iSize H = 479
iSize W = 719
(1 pixel less so that the locks do not disappear when hacked)

In Fallout4Custom.ini
[Display]
iLocation X = -4
iLocation Y = 73
bTopMostWindow = 0
bMaximizeWindow = 0
bBorderless = 1
bFull Screen = 0
fDefaultWorldFOV = 70
fDefault1stPers70
iPresentInterval = 1

F
Fatrus 19.11.21

BlackNigerSofa
No good. Without a frame, everything is the same, but with a frame it hangs.

E
Englsmith 19.11.21

Fatrus
Game Companion v2.4 to help you! Works, personally verified. The setup is simple, but I can tell you if that

F
Fatrus 19.11.21

Englsmith
Doesn't work. The process has entered but does not even want to. Apparently I haven't figured it out yet.

P
PaXa_ 19.11.21

Try to set your resolution and set the windowed mode. Or won't it suit you? It won't work, I reread it, I'm sorry ...

E
Englsmith 19.11.21

Fatrus
Yes, I carefully re-read the initial conditions, double-checked it, and really doesn’t want to ...

d
darkpromo 19.11.21

In my opinion, the nexus has a full screen mod with any resolution.

F
Fatrus 19.11.21

Third-party programs are not in this topic.))) I can just make a profile in the settings of the Catalyst driver to adjust the resolution of the desktop to the window. The point is not that. I wonder if it is possible without this, only through ini-files, to stretch the game window to full screen without switching to full-screen mode and without changing the resolution of the game window itself. I feel that it is possible. But here's how ... xs.

F
Fatrus 19.11.21

blazer666
Where exactly? I did not come across. It would be interesting to see.

F
Fatrus 19.11.21

Englsmith
By the way, for the program of the Union of Right Forces . If you modify it, then it is convenient for people to run old games.)))

i
imperator2112 19.11.21

I say as a programmer, this is a perversion of the brain and the monitor ... if there is a solution, then the image in the game will be huge pixels per square centimeter, it will be squalor ...
on the other hand, if you just need to have a 720x480 picture on the screen 1440x900 and at the same time you do not want to see the desktop, then turn on the game in full screen mode and set the resolution you need to 720x480, you will have a picture in the center, and a black screen around ...
PS To solve the problem of freezing, the windowed game mode is just undesirable, during during windowed mode, background processes remain active and therefore waste computer resources, so full-screen mode is necessary on a weak machine

i
irves 19.11.21

Fatrus
figasse ... You set unrealistic tasks!)))) Did you try to start the crisis on the first "stump"? ))))

i
irves 19.11.21

imperator2112
Yes, he's kidding))))

i
irves 19.11.21

imperator2112
Although it is possible to advise changing monitors until you get what you want))) Although the monitor is also "hardware"?))) If the issue is money, the services of a programmer capable of solving this problem will be expensive!)))