3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Artyom Dedov 19.11.21 11:49 pm

Will there be character encounters in the DLC? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Will there be characters from the storyline (such as Ciri, Yenifer, etc.) in the new additions?
And it’s somehow sad to understand that you will not see them again :(
33 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mantykora 19.11.21

Norman Bates
Well, in fact, Ian is sitting on the priest exactly waiting for Geralt ... I honestly saw myself: I arrived on Skellig, clambering Velen and Novigrad, and Ian did nothing in search of Ciri ... will move.
And Triss, in the end, may stay after saving the sorcerers, if Geralt asks strongly ... And she will not save the sorcerers, if, again, Geralt does not help.
Without Geralt, it's just nowhere ...

-
-Dismal- 19.11.21

Mantykora
Where the beginning is sadder ... Ian meets Geralt (I was watching you) ... this is the main mistake of the plot -You (SDproject) prepared us for the meeting, you showed how Geralt was beating Ian off the hunt, you constantly poked us with your nose (do not muddle with Triss, you have ..) and in the end - White Garden - and such a cold greeting.

N
Norman bates 19.11.21

Mantykora
In fact, everyone is sitting and waiting for Geralt. If the main plot was limited in time, then there would be no point in the open world. And if Ian or Triss did something without Geralt, we would lose some of the plot and gameplay. These are game conventions. They are in all games.
Another thing is when a character is pulled out of the main plot and placed in a completely unrelated addition. In this case, in a certain situation, it may turn out that these characters will be in two places at the same time. Conventions are conventions, but it already looks completely delusional.

-Dismal-
Well, this is Ian) Quite in her style. Especially in front of the imperial soldiers.

-
-Dismal- 19.11.21

Norman Bates
Yes, she did not behave like that, in any book ... that there is a famous letter "Dear friend ..." his ".... Yes, in the Polish TV series / and God bless him ... in the story itself, they did not behave like that (not like in the game) when they defended / attacked Bohr ... a lot of examples.

And will 5 imperial soldiers kill Ian for ... what I was waiting for, for an embrace, etc.

M
Mantykora 19.11.21

Norman Bates
In fact, everyone is sitting and waiting for Geralt.
You are not entirely right: Triss, for example, found out the story of Philippa Eilhart herself (or they could have done a quest for Geralt) - that Zoltan had her in the guise of an owl, he lost her, and so on ... Ian herself found the escaped prisoner. That is, in this case, the sorceresses did something themselves - while Geralt and Ciri were killing Imlerich.

Before the battle in Kaer Morhen, Triss hides in Novigrad, contacts the thieves, before Geralt's arrival she examined the citadel of the Hunters, keeps in touch, they are looking for help. The character has an impression of his life without Geralt.

But Ian, as it seemed to me, was underworked - the volume of what she did does not correspond to the feeling of time in the game: while Geralt was in Velen and Novigrad (conditionally two weeks, and of course, if everything was done as envisaged by the script), Yennefer only fought with everyone and found out that Myshovur has a mask of Ouroboros. And then when Geralt appears, things get off the ground. Ian, like, couldn’t meet with Collapse and ask him to persuade Myshovur? The collapse of her knows well ... From the same golem, Ian could simply escape by stealing the mask. That gives the impression that Ian was breaking her thumbs.

About "the characters will be in two places at the same time" - maybe you are right, but here it is important how to present it in the plot ... and it will not seem.

But that the DLC is not related to the plot spoils the game a little: for example, it is strange to run around Oxenfurt in the main plot and not notice Shani's clinic, the same doctor of the clinic in Novigrad should know about Shani in a neighboring city, and not get off with the words "she is somewhere- then at the front "

-
-Dismal- 19.11.21

Mantykora
about Ian, you can create a separate post, similar to Steam's (and if such a word?) - and so my friends - everyone, to a greater or lesser extent, liked Triss and Ciri, but Ian ...

M
Mantykora 19.11.21

-Dismal-
Well, in incentive, I did not read about Ian, if you can give me a link. And now there is the word “stim”, but the word “google” has appeared.

everyone liked Triss and Ciri to a greater or lesser extent, but Ian ...
I'm on the game and stayed with Triss and Ciri. But Ian, although I liked it at times, but infuriated me too ... in my mind, lied at the end of Ciri in the quest "Child of the Elder Blood", did not look for Geralt for two years: "I thought you would find me yourself," fact ... Although you need to be objective: Ian is also a pleasant person, she just has such a prickly character, and she was given only one game time, so maybe some did not like her. Ciri is also only in one game in the series, but she is in the second leading role, so the developers had more opportunities to reveal Ciri. Triss with Geralt - so there are three games in general.

-
-Dismal- 19.11.21

Mantykora
Manti, the funny thing is that I can't give a link because there is such a herb ... search is not an option, just come in more often and believe me, you will come across once a week ...
Regarding Ian, I dropped Norma in a personal off. models from beeches (which he photographed), among them off the face of Triss on the 14th -... 16th year, earlier there was Azanova, and so Ian was also not chosen with a finger in the sky - the beech model, Prideus, I can not say for sure because I am a sign of Toko with Azanova, well, for a penny Ian ... the girl got into the role so much that the castplay just boycotted, despite all the rules, did not allow herself to be exposed / take vulgar pictures, etc. - it was 14 years old ... I really thought then that Ian will be like this (bitch)

J
Just Max 19.11.21

Ciri will

N
Norman bates 19.11.21

-Dismal-
Ian did not allow special feelings towards Geralt in public either. And the series is generally a free fantasy on the topic. There was a kissing episode on Tanned, but only to "mark territory." I would be very surprised if Ian hugged him in the White Garden, or even kissed him. And in "Dear friend ..." Geralt himself is to blame)

Mantykora
Well, it would be too far-fetched if Geralt had to do everything. Yes, and he and Ciri stayed for some time in Kaer Morhen, after the sorceresses left there. And the way to Novigrad, from Kaer Morhen takes about a week. So if Geralt was again engaged in everything, it would be illogical, because the matter is urgent. However, on Skellig we manage to go with Philippa for the Sun Stone and to Avallak'h's laboratory. Although one could make a choice in this moment: either a stone or a laboratory. And so that this choice influences the ending.

Does not match. Because Ian is a storyline character. An important character in the story. If saving the sorcerers from Triss is a side quest, and it can be failed, then the investigation on Skellig is a plot. And without the main character, the plot cannot budge. This is a game convention.

So the clinic is closed until you start supplementing and meet with Shani. So during the main plot, Shani is really at the front. Yes, if you meet with Shani before the quest with the doctor, then his words look somewhat strange. But on the other hand, how does he know that Shani has returned? And the words about the front are just his guess, based on her character, since he does not know where Shani might actually be.

Game King The best
Ciri will definitely not be. It will be impossible to explain how she from the Isle of Mists was able to end up in Toussaint. So much so that the Wild Hunt did not chase after her.

-
-Dismal- 19.11.21

Norman Bates It
depends on what you mean by the wording "in public", as I already wrote above in the Limit of the Possible - she kisses him in front of his eyes ... Borja, Saskia (well, you can cross it out) ... forgot someone else ...- they have such love, in the same Va'esse deireadh aep eigean, va'esse eight faidh'ar, no embarrassment .. ..

and yes, they diverged over 9000 thousand times, and when they met, their feelings overwhelmed them, they could not, as you say, hold them back for a long time, in the end they always broke down, but here ... after all that had been experienced, ... 5 soldiers - a hindrance? / and further .. the emperor is a hindrance, the target is a hindrance.

N
Norman bates 19.11.21

-Dismal-
In public - it means with a crowd of people) And these are only two cases in the whole saga: in the Limit of the Possible and on Tanned.
For Ian, a hindrance. Moreover, she turned to Geralt on the case. Yes, and later they will be able to "remember the past") And jealousy should not be discounted.

-
-Dismal- 19.11.21

Norman Bates
yes they are on "Bloom" - ... all the bushes are crumpled ... what else can be in public)