3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Altair LaAhad 21.11.21 08:49 pm

\ "Brotherhood of Steel \" or \ "Institute \" (Fallout 4)

Guys, I played Foul 4 and came across a problem: I don't know who to join: "Brotherhood of Steel" or "Institute". I like cyborgs myself, but BS has a lot of chips. Please tell me what chips and quests the institute has, and who is more interesting to play for?
33 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kirill22092 21.11.21

I chose an institute, there is one huge feature

p
people with a machine gun 21.11.21

"Millions of years of evolution, hundreds of thousands of philosophical and scientific works, across-secondary and higher education available to all, and for what? For the sake of this here?" (C)
This topic 9 NG (one of those that I saw) and 1000000000000000000000000001 on the internet.
Author banned you in googol?

_
_nick69_ 21.11.21

If it were not necessary to wet the Subway, I would have chosen the Institute, because firstly, the Institute has the most opportunities, i.e. he can create colonies and carry out a sweep better and faster than anyone else. Secondly, in order for the BS to take the "true path", it is necessary to overwhelm their current elder - Maxson. Everything is in the black, except for the Subway.

k
krakaziabra 21.11.21

_nick69_
But the BS also requires the blood of the subway.

_
_nick69_ 21.11.21

krakaziabra
Estessno. So I chose the Minutemen.

k
krakaziabra 21.11.21

_nick69_
Ah, I didn't immediately understand what you were driving at. The Minutemans are indeed the most peaceful.

K
Kado_Higa 21.11.21

I noticed that in all the comments, where the advantages of the institute are mentioned, there are dislikes: D
C what is this connected with? About

T
Trailo 21.11.21

Bs are proven guys. They showed themselves well in parts 1 and 3, where they helped people. The Institute kidnaps people, carves out entire settlements, keeps them at bay. In general, BS, they are cooler (they have many bunkers throughout the former United States, a lot of technologies, scientists and engineers, their own army, equipment, etc.) and kinder, although this is not difficult, because to be kinder than an institute is enough not to be a bloodthirsty butcher cutting out all living things, like the Institute and their synths.

S
SergeySZV 21.11.21

If you choose an institute, then in the future, heading it, you can gently change the rules and still provide assistance to the wasteland, thereby strengthening ordinary minutemans. That is, this is essentially a choice in favor of the minutemans.
If you choose the brotherhood of steel, then this is the complete destruction of everything and everyone. The Minutemen will remain forever in the slavery of the brotherhood of steel. The Brotherhood has become a tough organization with a claim to world domination, no better than an institution, and in the end worse.
But the worst in the game is of course the subway. Geeks ready to kill people for the sake of the abstract freedom of machines, which they idealize more people. Not people in the literal sense of the word.

v
vovadjo 21.11.21

I don’t buy themes at all, I’m currently going through quests for the brotherhood of steel, and you want to say that now I can’t go through the quests for the institute?

_
_nick69_ 21.11.21

Trailo Super
Mutant? Kill. Sint? Kill. Ghoul? Kill. Maybe the BS, of course, showed themselves well in parts 1 and 3 (which I did not play), but specifically here and specifically because of the new chapter, Maxson, they became almost fascists.

_
_nick69_ 21.11.21

vovadjo It depends
on what moment has passed. In general, you can go on exactly until the BS asks to go into direct confrontation with the Institute, or the Subway. Until that moment, i.e. until the Institute becomes hostile, you can go through its quests.

T
Trailo 21.11.21

_nick69_
You don't like the fact that BS destroys mutants and wild ghouls (thereby making people's lives safer), but you close your eyes to the fact that the Institute's synths destroy everything that comes their way, including people. They also experiment on kittens.

_
_nick69_ 21.11.21

Trailo
I'm not against the destruction of super mutants , wild ghouls and other mindless creatures that can only kill. But ghouls and synths that have never been disappointed deserve at least a chance. But the BS does not give this chance. The Institute's synths tried, at the very beginning, to coexist in the world with the inhabitants of the Commonwealth. But the relationship quickly soured.
The methods of the Institute (Experiments on people, murder of copied people), of course, are not humane. Humanism is out of the question. But the Institute can do something. Can restore peace. And, with a new leader, there will be a place in this world for both synths and mutants. And BS, at least with the current leadership (which was collected purely by chance on Pridven), cannot go far. They are soldiers, but they do not help civilians. These soldiers do not need peaceful colonies and farms. These soldiers need outposts and bunkers. Again, I am not talking about the complete destruction of the BS, I am talking about the destruction of the current administration together with Pridwen. It is high time for the BS to understand that in the new, post-war world, the "pureblood policy" no longer works.

44lok 21.11.21

_nick69_
And how often did BS attack you ... and synths?
Which settlement was destroyed by the BS?
And Cynthia was ...
Spoylerhttp: //fallout.wikia.com/wiki/University_Point
The settlements are constantly shooting uchinyat (in my settlements !!), scraped their chips from the corpse.

Choosing an institute for "cookies" is your choice :)

k
krakaziabra 21.11.21

vovadjo
I went for the BS almost to the complete assembly of Liberty Prime, i.e. almost all of their quests can be completed without starting a mahach with inst, there the choice is obtained almost at the very end only and you will be warned before starting the quest "if you continue this task, the institute will become hostile."

_
_nick69_ 21.11.21

Block 44
The fact that they did not manage to do anything does not mean that they are good. Their ideals are outdated. Give them free rein, they will drive all intelligent creatures - "non-humans" into a cage and will not do anything good. It was the same with slavery and blacks in America. They were not considered people, because they saw them for the first time. It's the same here. In 100 years, ghouls and intelligent synths will be, if not on a par with humans, then not lower. And the BS, if it does not change, will remain in the past.
However, I am not saying that the Institute is holy. The Institute is not yet a saint. They are still assholes. But of all the evils, this is the least, if you do not take into account the peaceful Subway, which went to war only in response, and the Minutemans.

C
Crack 21.11.21

And I'm for the subway) the brotherhood looks like a sect in this part, the institute is playing a god + they want all synths to be under control. Here, for me, railway norms, helps synths with reason, while she herself does not aggro with others.

N
Nikolai S 21.11.21

It looks like there are no * good * groups in the game, well, except for the minutemans, but they hardly affect the development of the main plot. The institute is trying to replace imperfect people with ideal synths. BS fights on the principle of who is not with us is against us. The way Maxson figured out with Danse when my GG refused to kill him is an indicator of the ideals of the Brotherhood. The subway seems to set noble goals, but for the sake of freeing the synths they are ready to destroy people. Desdemona in a conversation claims that the souls of people in the Commonwealth are rotten and they are not worthy ... Hence the conclusion, the developers specially created unresolvable conflicts between the groups so that there was a desire to complete the game for everything groups in turn.

C
Crack 21.11.21

Nikolai S
is perhaps the main disadvantage of the game, there is no compromise between at least 2 factions (Like I agreed with the subway and the institute on the expense of synths, and the brotherhood decided to spend. And preferably with ultra charisma, such an alignment.)