3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
David Polishchuk 21.11.21 08:49 pm

Will Far cry 4 work on my laptop (Far Cry 4)

Will it go?
15 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vlad Bakumenko 21.11.21

David Polishchuk
theoretically, yes, at minimum wages.

c
cripples 21.11.21

David Polishchuk
Minimum system requirements
OS: Windows 7 (SP1) / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / (64-bit only)
Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5-750 or 3.2 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 955
RAM: 4 GB
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD5850 with 1 GB of video memory
Hard disk: 30 GB
Recommended system requirements
OS: Windows 7 (SP1) / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / (64-bit only)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-2400S or 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
RAM: 8 GB
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon R9 290X with 2 GB of video memory
Hard disk: 30 GB

l
legusor 21.11.21

on minimums with brakes.

a
aKinave 21.11.21

Write to the video card

A
ANTOXA7585 21.11.21

David Polishchuk
on my highs a little bit jerks. On middle ones it will fly 100%.

d
denya_one 21.11.21

I have a change. percent ay3, 8 RAM, 1 GB of video, then at the minimum-average passed.

M
Metalist1925 21.11.21

without an injector - no.

A
Ali Alkhazov 21.11.21

Will lag on the minimum wages. Fps under 25. Friezes and all sorts of jams will be. There is still a chance that the game will not start due to 4 GB of RAM.

R
Roman Pivovarov 21.11.21

David Polishchuk
You at least write a vidyukha, you more or less pass through the rest of the systems

P
Paul_SH 21.11.21

David Polishchuk
There are no questions about the central processor. The amount of RAM is small, but not fatal. All that remains is the video card: if it supports DirectX 11, then Far Cry 4 will "go to the laptop".
One more nuance: laptop video cards are NOT officially supported in this game, with the exception of several models with performance similar to desktop video cards (ie, "lottery" type - it may or may not work).

Metalist1925
Intel® Core ™ i5-2430M Processor is 2-core, but with Hyper-Threading Technology (2 cores, 4 threads), so an injector is NOT required to run this game.

Ali Alkhazov
Far Cry 4 runs even with 2GB of RAM (verified). True, it works with a creak - it lags wildly.

M
Metalist1925 21.11.21

Paul_SH is
needed, on my laptop the exact same percentage. although this case may have been fixed later

P
Paul_SH 21.11.21

Metalist1925
For this processor, the injector is needed only in two ("exclusive") cases:
- if in the "System configuration", in the "Additional boot parameters" part of the cores (number of processors) was disabled;
- if HTT (Hyper-Threading Technology) is disabled in BIOS.
At the same time, in the "Task Manager", on the "Performance" tab, in the "Chronology of CPU utilization", 1-2 windows with a load schedule are displayed - instead of 4.
In all other (normal) cases, the injector is NOT needed! :) After all, thanks to HTT, a 2-core processor is defined by Windows as 4-core (if very exaggerated).

Until now, on some forums, you can find comments like "what are you carrying a blizzard, I have 2 nuclear percent and everything works without an injector." Probably, these comrades just haven't heard about Hyper-Threading yet.
And they are not going to fix the lack of support for 2-core (no HTT) and 3-core processors. This is such a "marketing policy of the company." Or collusion with iron manufacturers, in a simple way;)

M
Metalist1925 21.11.21

Paul_SH
collusion with hardware manufacturers, in a simple way;)
well, here it goes by itself) I'm still in the ini file, I turned off some parameter,
nevertheless, it did not start on patches 3 and 4 without an injector

P
Paul_SH 21.11.21

Metalist1925
Hmm ... strange ...
And what can you see in the Task Manager, are all four "cores" working? In addition to the two cases that I described, there may be a third: if third-party software (not Microsoft) is installed to "optimize the parking of processor cores". This software is from the category "we are smarter than the creators of Windows", which gives more related problems than real benefits, IMHO.

The fact that Far Cry 4 without an injector runs normally on 2-core Hyper-Threading processors has been verified many times. Why should I deceive you, buddy? ..