3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kolyan108 02.09.19 08:50 pm

Why are some games in the series are devoid of atomic number?

I always wondered why some games do not have sequence numbers (not talking about spinoff). Why for example GTA: San Andreas called so, and not GTA IV, or GTA IV: San Andreas? Because it came out just after GTA: III. Or the same example with Far Cry: Primal, with Fallout New Vegas the same story. It's independent of major games and series are not spinoffs.

Here in the series the Elder Sсrolls all clear - each game contains a number and the name of the place where it happens. With TES Online is clear, this is a completely different genre and this game is very different from the other TES.
7 Comments
Sort by:
D
DuskWorld 02.09.19

New Vegas is a game addon dviglo and basic mechanics are the same. Sense to call it fallout 4?

Far cry primal. The publisher has officially labeled it as a spin off.

Gta is really weird.

S
Sanchez Ramirez 02.09.19

There must be more dependent on the vision of the developers, if the game is a numbered part or not.

In General, I personally see a lot of reasons why games may have different names. The STALKER series, for example: Shadow of Chernobyl, clear sky and Call of Pripyat. In all games the action takes place in one place, but history rasskazyvaetsya completely different. At the same time in terms of global changes have occurred. I do not, of course, but I don't even know how to explain it otherwise.

Here is another series of games: Resident Evil. Was РЕ1, РЕ2, but the third part is called Resident Evil 3: Nemesis that gives the clarification that we are not just running errands for the mansion from zombies, and something new. Then there was Veronica, the full name of which was as follows: Resident Evil: Code: Veronica X. the Tongue. In the beginning not very clear why such a cumbersome title, but at the end of the game understand that it is very good played and therefore has the right to be so.

FNV arbour would not be allowed to be called F4, because Obsidian and so went to the scraps from the master's table.

Sometimes, however, it turns out a complete mess. There is a movie called First Blood. At that time nobody knew, what will the second part of the film, Rambo: First Blood Part II. And then came a Rambo 3. Where is the pattern? But it is not.

If you take, for example, Call of Duty, then there already would be a shame to part numbers to show. Now that would be something like Call of Duty XXI that could lead people astray.

And the question interesting and quite sensible. Here is the only real answer we hardly know.

A
A.Soldier of Light 02.09.19

Kolyan108 wrote:
With TES Online is clear, this is a completely different genre and this game is very different from the other TES.
But here's the opposite example: the old game Quake 3 is not suitable as a continuation of the series, it just has a spin-off, fixated on online. As, however, and Quake Champions, and before it was even Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. So the logic clear no, just no. The authors of what I want, and mold 8)
Akan Inc wrote:
New Vegas is a game addon dviglo and basic mechanics are the same. Sense to call it fallout 4?
Same thing I said above. There is no logic, I just don't. Example: Doom 2 and the first Doom is almost identical to the engine, textures, models, there is a difference with gulkin nose. But between Doom 2 and Doom 3 the difference is like the ocean between the continents... That is Doom 2 the second should not be? This is the first Doom, but the new mission, it turns out ) That the authors want, and gates.

M
MelShlemming 02.09.19

Just GTA3, Vice city and San Andreas are like one whole. And GTA4 is another game about something else entirely..

P
Pecos_Bill_2.0 02.09.19

As you want I called. The assassin, after 4 parts have stopped a number and I believe rightly so, because kitpc PR the next game, not much is related to previous mi

D
DrZoiberg 02.09.19

This type of HYIP like this from developers

W
WanRoi 02.09.19

Kolyan108
What about Battlefield 2: Modern Combat followed by Battlefield: Bad Company - I'm talking about the single, if that.