3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
statickable 21.11.21 11:47 pm

PS one chipovka, a question for those over 30

Greetings.
Actually, I'm wondering who, where and how they chip, is it really right at the assembly plants? Then why did Sony not control this process, because the console was sold in huge quantities and licensed discs, as now, cost quite a lot, and a lot of the company's income came from their sale. I tried to google no information, I did not find it, I watched several videos on the well-known video hosting, the authors of the video also did not say a word about it, but it’s not a secret that it’s small, consoles in Russia and the former CIS countries were usually chip-based, both fat and slim versions ....
3 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anderby 21.11.21

The shops were chipped.

> after all, the console was sold in huge quantities and licensed discs, as now, cost a lot, and from their sale there was a lot of income for the company

Not from Russia. PS1 was not officially sold in Russia at all. It was her here that everyone and everything was chipped, but on a global scale this is a trifle, besides, used consoles, already purchased by dealers, officially came to Russia.

E
EvgeniyPS 21.11.21

Life is tough...)

B
Belomorkanal 21.11.21

statickable
As it was rightly noted above, these "attachments" were not officially sold in Russia. Most of the PS1 and PSone sold in Russia were chipped by those who bought them from abroad and resold them in their own shops along with pirated copies of games on them. It was a very lucrative pirate business in the late 90s, and this business flourished again due to the fact that there were no official supplies. I had a simple PS1, of course a chip one, I don’t know the details of which chip was soldered there and how. But the games were played by absolutely all of those that were sold by our local city dealers.