3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Stribogg 21.11.21 11:58 pm

A game based on the series of books by Stephen King \ "The Dark Tower \"

As a fan of this literary cycle, I would be incredibly happy to see an AAA game project based on it .. Inspired by these crazy ideas "The Witcher", because people can transfer cult literature qualitatively into game universes ...
The cycle of novels "The Dark Tower" once was just cult .. The story of the shooter, Roland Descene, the last of his order and people, traveling through the expanses of the post-apocalyptic world, one of many, to the Rose and the Dark Tower, on the way only realizing the purpose of this journey ... The main literary theme of Stephen King, which he wrote from his youth to adulthood, at the intersection of fantasy, horror, science fiction, western and other genres
An epic action RPG guaranteed. A post-apocalyptic world with magic. travel to other worlds. various terrible monsters, creatures, impressive antagonists. The main character is the Shooter, wielding huge revolvers (I immediately remembered the art of Roland's shooting when I saw the wonderful film "Equilibrium").
Many emotional decisions, reflections, choices.
Well, and of course the PLOT .. The skill of Stephen King has long been known to everyone.
If suddenly someone did, then I would probably say that now I have seen everything
I think the fans of this epoch-making saga will understand me perfectly)))))

It also turns out that there will finally be an attempt to film adaptation in the form of a 2017 series)) )
58 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vanya Rygalov 21.11.21

Amazing. The best reading material (yes, yes ... reading can also be brilliant), I, perhaps, have never met. But there is no good film adaptation, it did not work out. I suppose the story will be the same in the case of the game. Well, and, probably, there are difficulties with copyright, but it can simply cost very, very expensive. Whoever, I am Stephen King can ask any price for my work.

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

Vanya Rygalov
It seems that the series was muddied in the USA, the pilot episode at the end of 2016 .. But it’s not known how it will turn out .. With the game, it can and will work, the Witcher turned out, and how, and after all, too, a complex literary topic and no one really could adaptations to do .. Maybe the series will not be very bad, and this will motivate some serious developers to play AAA-class ..

A
Alexator 21.11.21

As it is not happy. And judging by the description of the novels, it will not be an RPG, but just a corridor shooting range.

V
Vanya Rygalov 21.11.21

Stribogg The
Witcher turned out, and how ...
Well ... that's how to say. For some, it may have worked out, but for someone this Polish bastard is not needed for nothing. Yes, and the Pole against King will be weak, not equal to him.

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

Aleksator
You are probably just completely unfamiliar with the novels))) I was not going to paint in detail, you need to print more than one page .. If you wish, you can always google, a lot of information ... The saga of the Arrow and the Dark Tower is a very deep thing ... Of course, there is a lot of action, but the "quest" component is just darkness, it's King all the same))

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

Vanya Rygalov
I am not a fan of Sapkowski, but a fan of The Witcher, especially the Wild Hunt)) I gave as an example that they can, starting from some kind of literary environment, create an excellent AAA project.

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

sozhah
Here I agree, even here the adaptation of the Dark Tower has been creeped out since 2008, taken and refused, and serious writers and directors at that .. (Nobody gave so much budget - there are even 200 million dollars) Now Sonya seems to have taken up the series, but even I doubt that they will be able to qualitatively convey the whole game of Steve's mind in the work of his whole life)) Why am I saying - if suddenly someone makes a video game of AAA class such, then I will be amazed))

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

sozhah
at Maestro I love EVERYTHING. By the way, fantasy, horror, etc., everything is only, if you look deeper, the scenery for deep poking in people ... King is a master at picking the souls of his heroes ..

T
The dumpling is kind 21.11.21

I also love all the books at King's. And I constantly re-read the dark tower. Right now I stopped at the Humble Sisters.
The dark tower is so much room for game makers. I love heroes like Roland - stay true to themselves until the end, amazing.

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

A dumpling of good
I see a like-minded person)) I'm talking about too, the shooter is just an excellent version of the protagonist .. And the main goal is to find the Dark Tower, on which all the worlds are held. The plot is just off scale there, as well as various difficult choices .. Action is also in bulk - from shooting just some idiots in the wastelands to battles with mega-creatures .. And a reasonable train ?? And what about the mega-robot-bear? and a bunch of them all ..

E
Eagle387 21.11.21

Stribogg
STALKER - Dark Tower

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

sozhah A mobile phone
is already from the late work .. Rarely can anyone create masterpieces to a ripe old age. King's main classic masterpieces are 70-80 years old

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

Eagle387
STALKER - Dark Tower Are you kidding
?)))))))

X
X_ray_83 21.11.21

Stribogg
This is not a fantasy, but a fantasy one!
Two what does the Witcher fantasy have to do with it?

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

X_ray_83
1) Fantasy is one of the genres of fantasy. 2) The Witcher, as an analogy to the successful implementation of literary works.
Fantasy is not necessarily swords, magic and dragons)))

I
Incredible Kleinman 21.11.21

If there will be an RPG on the TB cycle, it will not be on the canvas of novels, but rather in the mainstream of the story "the wind through the keyhole" - as it were, an early period, with Gilead and Baronies, a huge forest, the North Center of Positronics, etc. The novels themselves are poorly suited for open-world play due to their linearity and continuous forward movement.

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

Eh .. All the same, I'll quote a little here on the wiki ...
The Dark Tower is a cycle of novels by the American writer Stephen King, written at the intersection of fantasy, horror, science fiction, western and other genres. The series tells the story of the long wanderings of the shooter Roland Descein in search of the legendary Dark Tower.
Roland is the last member of the ancient knightly order of archers. At first alone, and then with a group of loyal friends - his "ka-ate" - he makes a long journey through the post-apocalyptic world, reminiscent of America of the old West, in which magic is present. The adventures of Roland and his companions will include visits to other worlds and time periods, including 20th century New York and the world of Confrontation devastated by the influenza pandemic. Roland is confident that if he reaches the center of all worlds, to the Dark Tower, he will be able to climb to its upper level to see who controls the entire Universe and, possibly, restore order to the world.
The cycle itself:
1982 The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger
1987 The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three
1991 The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands
1997 The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass
2003 The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla
2004 The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah
2004 The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower
2012 The Dark Tower : The Wind Through the Keyhole)
And even there is some kind of online game (or was)
Discordia - an online game published on the official website of the American writer Stephen King, the plot of which is based on the cycle about the Dark Tower. The game became available to the visitors of the author's site on December 7, 2009. The introduction to the game was voiced by Stephen King himself.

X
X_ray_83 21.11.21

Stribogg
"Fantasy is one of the genres of fantasy"
There is no western and fantasy
"Fantasy is not necessarily swords, magic and dragons)))"
There is no magic without fantasy and fantasy without magic (analog)

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

Incredible Kleinman
I would still like about the search for the Dark Tower ....)))

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

The incredible Kleinman.
For 15 years now I have one of my favorite sayings "The world has moved" .... :-)