3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Stribogg 21.11.21 11:58 pm

A game based on the series of books by Stephen King \ "The Dark Tower \"

As a fan of this literary cycle, I would be incredibly happy to see an AAA game project based on it .. Inspired by these crazy ideas "The Witcher", because people can transfer cult literature qualitatively into game universes ...
The cycle of novels "The Dark Tower" once was just cult .. The story of the shooter, Roland Descene, the last of his order and people, traveling through the expanses of the post-apocalyptic world, one of many, to the Rose and the Dark Tower, on the way only realizing the purpose of this journey ... The main literary theme of Stephen King, which he wrote from his youth to adulthood, at the intersection of fantasy, horror, science fiction, western and other genres
An epic action RPG guaranteed. A post-apocalyptic world with magic. travel to other worlds. various terrible monsters, creatures, impressive antagonists. The main character is the Shooter, wielding huge revolvers (I immediately remembered the art of Roland's shooting when I saw the wonderful film "Equilibrium").
Many emotional decisions, reflections, choices.
Well, and of course the PLOT .. The skill of Stephen King has long been known to everyone.
If suddenly someone did, then I would probably say that now I have seen everything
I think the fans of this epoch-making saga will understand me perfectly)))))

It also turns out that there will finally be an attempt to film adaptation in the form of a 2017 series)) )
58 Comments
Sort by:
I
Incredible Kleinman 21.11.21

Stribogg
Hmm, so novel 7 gave the answer)). Another thing is that the cycle almost does not reveal the theme of Gilead, the baronies, the center of positronics, and also how Tim (the hero of the book "the wind through the keyhole") eventually became a shooter. This is where it would be possible to turn around wonderfully, fortunately to mess up with the wrong interpretation and description of the indicated locations, the probability is weak

K
Kay Ovald 21.11.21

You can do anything according to Stephen King because it's Stephen King. :))) There, and the Confrontation begs for games and many others.
Including the Tower with the Shooter.

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

Incredible Kleinman
That's why I cited CD PROJEKT RED with the Witcher as an example - the guys made their own universe, relying on the universe and the stories of Sapkowski, and invented their own stories .. To make the game exactly based on the novels is unrealistic.

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

Kay Ovald
Opposition - it will be a little difficult there with the game)) Here the Shooter is just perfect for the main character, and the plot of the cycle is just gold for quests.

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

Incredible Kleinman
By the way, I found a bunch of comics from Marvel, and there is the Fall of Gilead.

K
Kay Ovald 21.11.21

By the way, Lukyanenko wrote about Strelka. :) How could he anneal in the game. :))

I
Incredible Kleinman 21.11.21

In general, of course, I would like to receive a book from the master about the battle on the hill of Jericho, he has a bunch of references during the epipea to this event

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

Kay Ovald
I, running with Geralt in the third Witcher, suddenly remembered Roland .. Some kind of elusive analogy appeared .. In general, it was the third Witcher who led me to these thoughts about the AAA project in the Arrow universe .. It's a pity that I didn't millionaire and I can't finance some kind of studio to develop this)))))))))

A
Alexator 21.11.21

Stribogg
I probably just read the first 3 books and do not want to read them again to finish reading to the end.

s
sаnic 21.11.21

The series will be removed and that's enough. No game needed.

r
rPeBoJL 21.11.21

Stevie Kotsany sometimes writes amusingly, but because of chernukha ... let blacks read him shorter

P
Playersaharan 21.11.21

Here the author wants an RPG on the Dark Tower, and here hop and TelTeyla announce a game in this universe: D

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

Playersaharan
TelTails in the furnace)) And no one will allow them to make their own UG based on the works of the Maestro.

M
Melshlemming 21.11.21

The Dark Tower is shit. The worst work of Stepan Korol.

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

MelShlemming
Millions of fans are unlikely to agree with you ...

V
Vanya Rygalov 21.11.21

MelShlemming The
Dark Tower is shit.
Monsieur a literary critic? To express it so gracefully ... Worthy of all praise. Heh, heh ...

E
Eagle387 21.11.21

Stribogg
Yes.

E
Eagle387 21.11.21

sozhah
Ha-ha. Well, yes, I'm a schoolboy. Grade 11. So what? Are you not a schoolboy? Hmm ...

J
Just stand 21.11.21

Playersaharan
One good experience with Teltails, don't rivet another big failure.

Shooter.
I read one book in the series about fifteen years ago. Not impressed even then. You would also say that "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" is supposedly a good book. Mediocre fantasy is your tower.
In My Objective opinion, King has only three worthwhile jobs: The Running Man, The Long Walk, The Langoliers. Disperse.

S
Stribogg 21.11.21

Just Stand
Still, probably, Subjective Have listed the names of the films, haven't they? :-) Very "objective" knowledge of the work of the Maestro .... From "The Dark Tower" read only one book a long time ago, where does the "Objective" opinion come from? Again, povtoryus- "mediocre fenteziyschina" - that is, for 20 years, millions of fans, is all what is nedolyudi, your))) just for them, naive, it is quite different ... something?
It is strange to read what is often "objective" assessments ala "yes there are all UG, so, there are a couple of topics" from who knows who to the world famous and recognized Talented, Brilliant, Successful People .......

Well, for an analogy)))
Spoiler " Philip Philipovich leaned back on the Gothic back and laughed so hard that a golden palisade sparkled in his mouth.
“You should read something,” he suggested, “otherwise, you know ...
“ I already read, I read… ”Sharikov answered, and suddenly, rapaciously and quickly, he poured himself half a glass of vodka.
- Zina! Cried Philip Philipovich anxiously. - Take away, baby, vodka is no longer needed! What are you reading? - A picture suddenly flashed in his head: an uninhabited island, a palm tree and a man in animal skin, in a cap. "We'll need Robinson! .."
- This ... like her ... Engels' correspondence with this ... like him, the devil ... with Kautsky.
Bormental stopped a fork with a piece of white meat halfway through, and Philip Philipovich splashed the wine. At this time, Sharikov contrived and swallowed the vodka.
Philip Philipovich put his elbows on the table, peered at Sharikov and asked:
- Let me know, what can you say about what you read?
Sharikov shrugged his shoulders.
- Yes, I do not agree.
- With whom? With Engels or with Kautsky?
- With both, - answered Sharikov. "(" Heart of a Dog ")

Mediocre fantasy is your tower.
In My Objective opinion, King has only three worthwhile works: Running Man, Long Walk, Langoliers. Disperse. (Just Stand)