3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Bruce willis 23.11.21 10:53 pm

Day of the Baptism of Rus.

On July 28, according to the Gregorian calendar, the Day of the Baptism of Rus is celebrated.
Orthodox citizens of Russia, Ukraine and Belarus are celebrating today.

The baptism of Rus is closely connected with its flourishing, so after that writing, architecture, education and trade began to develop.
Kievan Rus became a full-fledged European state.
28 Comments
Sort by:
k
klick2 23.11.21

Hmm ... I will know ..
By the way, this may be a reason to swell "by the will of God" to someone

P
Presedent gantz 23.11.21

The patriarch broadcast about "the greatest day in the history of Russia", the big holiday was covered by all the Kremlin channels, the Orthodox screamed at the top of their lungs. But the day is black, many were indicatively executed for paganism ..

Recently, my wife walked past the bank, saw the priest in his cassock walking into the parking lot. She wondered what the holy father was driving and decided to follow him. Our servant of God drives a Kruzak. Interestingly, new churches and cathedrals appear like mushrooms after the rain, and the old ones (please go to khaaaam) are still unfinished. Maybe the church is not so strongly separated from the state if they buy yachts for "official receptions".

A
Ankh 8 23.11.21

As an unbeliever, I don't care, but logically it somehow turns out unfairly. Then it is necessary to celebrate both the day of the adoption of the Islamic faith by Muslims, and the day of the acquisition of the Word of God by the Jews and the day of the Dispatch of the Wisdom of the Buddha, well, and the pagans must not be forgotten ... But the question is: what should we unbelievers celebrate? Poh..ist day or what?

B
Bruce willis 23.11.21

Ankh 8 By the
way, I agree with this.
But it happened so historically.

H
Hameln Pied Piper 23.11.21

But the question is: what should we unbelievers celebrate? Poh..ist day or what? +
- -
God's grace is bestowed ... friend, go to church, church or church ... you don't need to go to the synagogue. Today Vladimir incidentally ... holy ...

R
RussianQuaker 23.11.21

The baptism of Rus is closely connected with its flourishing, so after that writing, architecture, education and trade began to develop.

Do not forget to mention also that your people were hammered into this one, yes, yes :)

The current neo-Nazis (with their cult of the enemy in the past) just nervously smoke on the sidelines :)

a
asd1977 23.11.21

RussianQuaker
Do not forget to mention that your people were hammered into this one, yes, yes :)
that's like a man said in Russian. And again I could not understand. Maybe it's the smiley again. Be so kind as to translate from your language into mine - outdated Russian.

Ankh 8
As an unbeliever, it doesn't matter to me, but logically it somehow turns out unfairly. Then it is necessary to celebrate both the day of the adoption of the Islamic faith by Muslims, and the day of the acquisition of the Word of God by the Jews and the day of the Dispatch of the Wisdom of the Buddha, well, and the pagans must not be forgotten ... But the question is: what should we unbelievers celebrate? Poh..ist day or what?
In fact, there are similar celebrations among Muslims and Jews and Buddhists.
And as for atheism - do not believe it, so at least do not clown around.

Presedent gantz
The patriarch broadcast about "the greatest day in the history of Russia", the big holiday was covered by all the Kremlin channels, the Orthodox screamed at the top of their lungs. But the day is black, many were indicatively executed for paganism ..

Recently, my wife walked past the bank, saw the priest in his cassock walking into the parking lot. She wondered what the holy father was driving and decided to follow him. Our servant of God drives a Kruzak. Interestingly, new churches and cathedrals appear like mushrooms after the rain, and the old ones (please go to khaaaam) are still unfinished. Maybe the church is not so strongly separated from the state if they buy yachts for "official receptions".
Saint Vladimir is generally an interesting person. Before the adoption of Christianity, he officially had several wives and hundreds of concubines. He took one of his wives by force while demonstratively rape in front of his parents. He was involved in fratricide. The future admirer of Byzantine culture more than once fired and plundered these same Byzantine cities. Mercenary and plundered the lands of Byzantium, pacifying the revolts in the territory of modern Turkey (at the request of the rulers of Byzantium).
Similar "feats" were performed by many canonized by both the Orthodox and Catholic churches.
Everyone knows about the canonization of the righteous Nicholas II. But this same Nikolai at one time tried to canonize Rasputin, and the synod as a whole was not against it.

Modern ministers of the Orthodox Church have long ago turned the ministry of the church into a kind of business. It is sad.
Nevertheless, I remain a Christian at heart, a fan of this kind of "pure Christianity." This means that in most cases I "turn" to God "directly" without the participation of the ministers of the church. I know that, according to the norms of Christianity, this is a sin. But I think it's better this way than godlessness

R
RussianQuaker 23.11.21

that's like a man said in Russian. And again I could not understand. Maybe it's the smiley again. Be so kind as to translate from your language into mine - outdated Russian.

I can't, there was this secret message. Moreover, the non-cattle still understands the analogy of today's Orthodox and neo-Nazis: the essence is the same. And if a person does not understand, well, fate is not reading.

a
asd1977 23.11.21

RussianQuaker
I can't, there was this secret message.
I am sending my secret message
"Load oranges in barrels".
What does it mean - "Trolls - away from the forum"

A
Ankh 8 23.11.21

Hameln-Pied Piper
In order to go to church not as a historical monument, you have to believe. But I don’t believe it, because I see how much lewdness there is in the churches (both in the official ones and even more so in the sectarian ones) and I know how they all took shape and appeared. And in the process of this there was no more holiness than in my socks ...

Asd1977
And as for atheism - do not believe, so at least do not clown.
Firstly, we have here sort of like an open forum and everyone has every right to express their thoughts, taking into account the restrictions, which were, such were stated. Secondly, don’t you think that in a multi-confessional country it’s not quite correct to arrange official holidays for only one religion? Thirdly, it is not me who speaks lumbar, but the "holy fathers" on "geldings" and in three-storey buildings. This pebble is not in the direction of the Patriarch - he is supposed to have an armored car (for protection from breakiviks) and a residence (for receiving foreigners and delegations). Here the question is about the figures of rank and value below. If you are not entitled to an armored car, so be so kind as to drive an ordinary foreign car, not a representative one. And have a HOUSE, not a VILLA.

p
printing in the infernal 23.11.21

This means that in most cases I "turn" to God "directly" without the participation of the ministers of the church. I know that, according to the norms of Christianity, this is a sin. But I think that it’s better than godlessness

Reformism has been in Europe, the role of church ministers in the process of knowing God has been quite abolished there. You can go to some attractive trend for you.

Y
Your majesty 23.11.21

and I know how they all formed and appeared.
You know about everything, dear: - /

You can go to some attractive trend for you.
If a person believes, why does he need anything else at all? Why does he need huge temples, incomprehensible prayers, the secrets of all kinds of rituals ...? Let him believe himself quietly and that's it.

a
asd1977 23.11.21

NGC 5055
Reformism has been in Europe, the role of church ministers in the process of knowing God has been quite abolished there. You can go to some attractive trend for you.
There is no need for that.
I consider myself an Orthodox believer, but I do not burden myself with church rituals.

a
asd1977 23.11.21

Ankh 8
Cynic to the core.

There is something sacred for you in life (this is a question without reproach and moralizing)
Just wondering

p

If a person believes, why does he need anything else at all? Why does he need huge temples, incomprehensible prayers, the secrets of all kinds of rituals ...? Let him believe himself quietly and that's it.

In Protestantism there are no huge temples, incomprehensible prayers and secret rituals.

I consider myself an Orthodox believer, but I do not burden myself with church rituals.

And what is the “Orthodoxness” of faith?

B
Bruce willis 23.11.21

In Protestantism there are no huge temples, incomprehensible prayers and secret rituals.
Well, that's not interesting.

p

Well, that's not interesting.

Well, I don’t know, you can read a Bible with pictures there. Well, yes, boring = (

B
Bruce willis 23.11.21

Well, I don’t know, you can read a Bible with pictures there.
Converted a Jewish book into a Jewish comic strip.

Y
Your majesty 23.11.21

Converted a Jewish book into a Jewish comic strip.
Well said!

That is why it is the best branch of Christianity. I think. But if a person believes in God, maybe he wants to present the glory of the Almighty in the luxury of temples, in the elitism of scriptures, in the secret of rituals. We, atheists, see it differently. Although, there are reasonable assumptions that our views are the only correct ones: - /

s
stalker7162534 23.11.21

At the numerous requests of a group of comrades "Russian shakes" (it seems so translated), I will raise the topic.

How did the baptism of Rus come about? The well-known anecdote from Nestor about what the prince uttered - "the joy of Russia in drinking" is not quoted in modern historical science. Historians have long understood that "the winners write history," and for other good reasons, they do not take on faith any record in any chronicle, without confirming this event in other chronicles. Confirmations in the annals made by foreigners in other countries are considered more significant.
According to the Byzantine chronicle: Byzantine emperors, brothers-co-rulers Vasily and Constantine were on the verge of defeat from the rebels. Then they
"An experienced commander, Foka has already reached the Asian coast of the Bosphorus opposite Constantinople, and Vasily and Constantine have almost no troops, almost all of them betrayed. And then Vasily makes a brilliant move. Then he will become a great commander and a very good diplomat. But let's give the floor to the Arab historian. Yahye to Antioch, an actual eyewitness: "... and prompted him [Emperor Basil] to send the Rus to the Tsar - and they are his enemies - to ask them to help him in his present position. And he agreed to this. And they concluded an agreement with each other about property, and the Tsar of the Rus married the sister of Tsar Basil, after he set a condition for him that he be baptized and all the people of his countries, and they are a great people. [...] And Tsar Basil later sent to him metropolitans and bishops and they christened the Tsar . [...] And when the marriage case was decided between them,the troops of the Rus also arrived and united with the troops of the Greeks, who were with Tsar Vasily, and went all together to fight Varda Foka by sea and land ”.
In April 988, six thousand Varangians from Vladimir arrived in Constantinople and at the end of 988 defeated the rebels ...
Brothers co-rulers, in order to preserve the throne, offered Vladimir the unheard of. Anna is a porphyry princess, that is, born of the emperor and adopted in purple swaddling clothes. This was only the right of the imperial family.
SpoilerAnd in Byzantium, there was a firm position that porphyry princesses were never given to the side for some non-Greek princes. Porphyry princesses in the second generation were especially considered noble, but Anna's father Roman was porphyry - he was born to Emperor Constantine VII when he was emperor, so Anna was a porphyry princess in the second generation. Such people were never passed off as foreigners. “It is an unheard of thing for a daughter born in a purple robe from an emperor born in a purple robe to marry a stranger," Emperor Nicephorus II replied to the ambassadors of Otto I, the emperor of the West. will ask the Romans for kinship through marriage with Vasileus, that is, either get his daughter as his wife, or give his daughter, whether to Vasileus as a wife or to the son of Vasileus, you must also reject this unreasonable request of theirs [...] Since every nation has different customs, different laws and regulations, it must adhere to its own rules, and to conclude and create unions for mixing lives within the same people "- taught Constantine VII in his treatise about court regulations. For Anna, the French king Hugo Capet woo his son, Robert the Dauphin, the Emperor of the West Otto III offered her his hand to her. But both were refused. the Emperor of the West Otto III offered his hand to her. But both were refused. the Emperor of the West Otto III offered his hand to her. But both were refused.

But there was nothing to do - the enemy was at the gate. In addition to the Rus, with whom, indeed, they were at enmity, there was no one else to whom one could turn for help and who had the strength. And then they promised. Anna cried, Anna said that it would be better for her to die than to marry the wild Tauro-Scythian to go. But there was nothing to do. The existence of both her and her brothers was at stake. Defeat Bardus Fock, and the royal brothers, most likely, would have awaited emasculation, blindness and imprisonment in a monastery. Anna, too, could hardly count on anything other than the fate of a nun. "
What was Byzantium at the time? This is the surviving part of the Roman Empire. There are no other great empires. There are many kingdoms, kingdoms, principalities, kaganates - but the Empire is one. And getting a princess from a great empire as a wife meant a lot at that time. It was not for nothing that even hundreds of years later the Russian boyars boasted: We are the third Rome! “The prospect of becoming the leader of a wild tribe to become a member of the imperial family of the greatest capital of the world, shining Constantinople; Mikligard was incredibly desirable. And Vladimir, an ambitious and ambitious man, was completely subdued by this.”

By the way -
Spoiler "Viking Askold comes to Constantinople in 860, then he sends ambassadors, and the ambassadors return as Christians, not only come back as Christians, but, apparently, with Askold's full permission, they bring a bishop. In 867, according to Greek chronicles, a bishop is consecrated to the Russian land. We do not know where he ruled, in Tmutarakan or Kiev. But it doesn't even matter, the important thing is that since then the Christian community has never disappeared in Kiev. "
“We know that in 978 Yaropolk sent to the West a request to the emperor to send a bishop for the Kiev church. Why to the West? Apparently, after the defeat and death of Svyatoslav, relations between Kiev and Constantinople deteriorate. Nikon's chronicle under 979 reports : “The same summer, ambassadors came to Yaropolk from Rome from the Pope.” Nothing is known about the results of this embassy. But it is clear that Yaropolk was at least interested in Christianity. ..... “The
mother of Prince Vladimir was a Christian, and at first Vladimir treated Christianity, at least neutral. But ... Yaropolk kills his brother Oleg. This is not Christian, and “Christianity for Vladimir is beginning to associate more and more not so much with high insights, but with hypocrisy and deceitful formalism, covering cruelty and deception.
Fearing that Yaropolk would treat him as with Oleg, Vladimir flees to the king of Norway, Hakon the Mighty, known for his implacable struggle with Christians.
Having reigned in Kiev, Vladimir begins to persecute Christians. He wants to make Russia a stronghold of the Nordic religion, as he saw with King Hakon. A kind of new Uppsala is being created in Kiev - a center for the worship of Nordic deities. The chroniclers call these deities in Slavic, but this should not bother us - the Slavs and Vikings are kindred Indo-European peoples and under different names they mean the same entities. Vladimir creates a whole pantheon in Kiev. There, as in old Uppsala, human sacrifices are made. According to the chronicler, the inhabitants of Kiev brought "their sons and daughters to the princely terem courtyard and there sacrificed them to demons." "

I would like to know from what sources Kveiker took that after Vladimir adopted Christianity, the "genocide" of the Russians began?