3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dreamcrusher 23.11.21 11:11 pm

\ "Fractions \", obscure objects and \ "fallout sim city \" (Fallout 4)

We don’t read the spoiler to anyone who is not interested in the background.
SpoilerI went through the game for the first time quickly, for familiarization (although I went through the third and 3.5 parts several times), you never know, suddenly what has changed in the 4th part, for one, and I learned the ending with the institute. Although I may naively believe that when Sean left me the rulership of the institute (after the destruction of the subway and BS), then that was the end. In any case, after a little training in the construction of settlements, studying the dynamics of battles, etc. I immediately started over. Difficulty SURVIVAL.
1. I understand that the main factions are the institute and the brotherhood of steel. But what about the subway, atomic cats, and finally the minutemans? The forums are silent, the video is only for I and BS. Hasn't anyone studied in such detail? (I'm still in the process, I opened 90% of the map, the quest from the minutemans hangs / after passing the Concorde / because I want to figure out why minutemans are not the lot). After all, it was not for nothing that all this was created.
2. All found items as far as I believe have their own "value". Either craft or sale. But what to do with burnt fashion magazines, burnt books and folders? They do not lend themselves to crafting, they cost a maximum of 1 cover or even 0 (but there are not so many of them in the game to sell them). Unreturned books can be changed in special machines (by the way, there is nothing to say about prizes), and when you have a strength of 1 (for good reason, for the sake of other parameters), and books, after all, have a weight of 1 (mod magazines weigh at least 0 and folders ), then you think that it will come in handy, and you start throwing out useful things like typewriters, fans or cameras. Although there, the necessary bolts, gears, crystals and blah blah blah.
3. With the construction of a settlement, everything is clear, except for one thing, for what reasons does happiness fluctuate? Jumps from 65 to 80 and back. At the same time, for 11 people in Senchuari, food is about 30, water 50, light and as such energy will be enough for half of Russia, protection to Useri - 85 and beds 35 pieces (I later learned that the number of settlers is equal to the Charisma parameter +10). There is no reason to worry. Raiders do not attack, there is plenty of other things.
And by the way, I made a safe there and foolishly put 25 YaB there. So some bastard took my blocks away.
37 Comments
Sort by:
T
The dumpling is kind 23.11.21

I also lost my things from the safe. Is this a bug or someone is really tying them ...

i
intellligent 23.11.21

Dumpling is good.
I'm pretty sure Keith (from the Combat Zone) is stealing. When you exchange objects with her, she sometimes makes a reservation (like "according to Freud"), they say, she will take it with pleasure ... oh, that is, she will take to vilify these things.
Well, maybe, of course, I overestimate the intention of the developers ... but I want to believe that they have built such non-obvious gimmicks into the game. After all, it would seem, for reasons of accessibility (but what, really there, casualness) all quests, features, all mechanics should be easily noticeable, BUT there are quests obtained from notes (such scraps of paper that can be picked up). There are objects in the game, and whole locations, which, as in the old fashioned way, need to be looked for in the farthest corners where the shkolota does not look.

T
The dumpling is kind 23.11.21

intellligent
I also hope that all sorts of such nice things can only be found with a good search. But about Kate, I don't have her yet. Probably, when I get hired, the cases of "loss" will increase: D

H
HollowHeart 23.11.21

The subway turns out to be some kind of inferior faction. Although it has its own ending.

E
EMPs 23.11.21

1. did not pass and do not know what the game has to do with it?
2. who is to blame for you ...?
3.Defense can be more, and from 100+ they can attack. But in general, a bunch of topics have already been raised that for normal happiness you need not an overabundance of resources, but simply prosperity, Oh yes. settlements need to be visited from time to time, otherwise the settlers will get bored
Safes ... They seem to need to be closed, as can be seen from other topics

I
Ioannn 23.11.21

Many wrote that sometimes a synth sneaks into the settlements and he can devastate your gardens and shave things). Sometimes the settlers themselves will inflame that this is a synth and shoot it, in the things of the corpse you can find a part of the synth.

D
Dreamcrusher 23.11.21

Evgeny Guzhva
Here I was always amazed at people like YOU. Blah blah blah came, did not answer a single question. The first two, so question to question. Regarding the third. In help (in the game), it is said only about the need for food, water, security and shelter (i.e. sleeping places). Not a word has been said that their overabundance will somehow affect the parameter of happiness. For these purposes, there is a limit, called the limit on buildings. The settlements are visited often, so often that I seem to have already bothered them.
Oh yes, but what button should you press to close the safe? Tell us in more detail, I think it will be interesting for everyone here.

V
Verzor 23.11.21

1. The main factions are the Institute, Subway, BS and Minutemen. Everything is about the same - you choose one faction and all the others go out against the background of its greatness (created by the GG), or they are stupidly destroyed (Institute-BS, Institute-Underground). True, there may be bugs such as remaining tasks and other things.
2. Things that are worthless (<2 covers) are mostly trash (fans, microscopes, etc.), their value is measured in the form of the resulting steel, gears, crystals, etc. and so on. - things that are extremely necessary for construction.
3. The topic is muddy like ... Moreover, both with happiness and with attacks. Someone is attacked (I have it quite often, although the defense is 200+ in places), someone does not.

About HZ safes - I stupidly put them in boxes. And I don't even know they steal, no - you will have to check ...)
Dreamcrusher
As far as I know, the safe (and any drawer) can be closed only through the console. Unless there is a special terminal nearby that closes this particular safe.

D
Dreamcrusher 23.11.21

Sonic778
Here I understand a clear answer. But I would like to clarify something :)
1. I initially knew that I would go through the game several times, and immediately chose the minutemans. But in the course of the game, I was forcibly led to the choice of either an institute or a BS (and probably a subway). Means, minutemans as if nobody. Now I ran into atomic cats, there is also a normal gang there, but I haven’t talked to them yet, I want to open the whole map. And yes, during the first quick playthrough, after choosing the minutemans (capturing the castle, etc.), they began to give me repetitive tasks, but repetitive ones not just in meaning - save from captivity, help repel an attack or clear an area, and the locations have long been passed and cleaned. And people already live there :) Ie. I ended up as if in mutual responsibility. And I'm a damn general !!! Minutemen, like a pissing string, I run on behalf of deputies and other servants and save someone again. Nonsense...
2. Well, as for the trash, then I realized a long time ago that there is a shortage with frequent crafting of weapons - bolts, armor - glue, building structures (for example, antennas and turrets) - crystals, fibers, etc. led me to a detailed search and sometimes trash selection. All this is clear. I'm talking about something that has not yet been applied anywhere - burnt fashion magazines, burnt books, folders. After all, even a pen, fork or pencil can be "decomposed" into plastic, steel and wood-lead, respectively. And I understand if the above inapplicable items were over hundreds, but even 3 dozen of them are not recruited almost for the entire game.
3. And about happiness (frequent attacks or measured life), you can see all this randomly.
P'S: There is no way to close the boxes and safes, no way. Well, the use of the console, well, it's a little not fair, I think :) If the developers had initially made the function of closing safes in settlements, I think such questions would not have arisen on the forum. For hints are everywhere in the sea.

L
Lou Tenant 23.11.21

Dreamcrusher
1. Atomic cats do not participate in the war, they are not one of the main factions. There are 4 of them - Institute, Minutemans, Underground, BS. Moreover, if you go through correctly, the quests of the Institute are mandatory for passing, and only before the last one you need to choose - to cooperate with the Institute to the end or return to the original faction. However, I personally flunked the quest with the introduction into the Institute when passing behind the BS and another branch of quests opened, as for the rest of the factions - I don't know, maybe there will also be some preparation for a head-on attack. And by the way, generator quests are available in all these factions.
Although in general I don't understand the logic of the plot, especially the logic of the Subway. Like GG became the director, why the hell to destroy the Institute, if you can just give a command to release all synths?
2. Well, in the real world, hardly anyone uses burnt paper to create anything. And such things themselves were added purely for the atmosphere, no longer for which they are not needed. It's like in the previous parts, where there was much more such trash, because not everything was used for crafting.
3. There is some kind of wild randomness. Although "happiness" may also depend on the number of different decorations and furniture.

B
Barsagar 23.11.21

At the expense of safes - be careful with mods)
http://forums.playground.ru/fallout_4/walkthrough/ograblenie_veka_ili_kak_u_menya_sperli_zanachku_v_sankchuare_hillz-886385/
But in general, I wonder why it was necessary to put nuclear blocks in a safe?)

I
Ioannn 23.11.21

Lou Tenant
I take it you completed the game. There is a question, unless of course you find it difficult to answer. Well, it is clear that you are joining the brotherhood, but how can you join the minutemans? Or am I already joining them after talking with a black man in a hat)?

I
Ioannn 23.11.21

Barsagar
In general, it is interesting, and why it was necessary nuclear units in the safe fold?)
To Shaw was, you do not understand something!))

A
Abbat76 23.11.21

Dreamcrusher
Atomic Cats are not a faction. This is a small gang of hippies stoned on power armor. They have something quest, but they won't be able to join / choose their side. The maximum is a skid and a merchant. And how can you join these idiots if they have no global idea, but only the awesomeness of wearing power armor and nothing else? We remove the Atomic Cats from the list of potential factions.

G
Givemethedust 23.11.21

2. In the crafting menu, when you see that something is missing, press Q (mark) when building and T (mark) when creating items, and items with components will be shown with a magnifying glass on hover, when taking a perk in the Intelligence branch, such items will be highlighted. I immediately looked at a couple of the coolest things with rare components and tagged them for search.

Regarding junk that falls into the "miscellaneous" category, like books and folders. It can be thrown away at the base and some items can be disassembled into components, but there is usually nothing useful.

V
Verzor 23.11.21

1. Before the "fatal" choice (before the first penetration into the Institute), you can choose at least someone - at least minutemans, at least subway, at least BS. Then, in my opinion, it is impossible to choose - at least, my quests for the BS disappeared after I chose the minutemans. And after that I went through the whole game for the minutemans. By the way, opening the entire map at first is also not very good - these same minutemans have the coolest artillery after the Castle - and there is nowhere to use it.
Repeating endless quests - purely for pumping.
2. I won't say exactly about the charred books, but they seem to end up in the "trash" tab and then with one button are transferred to the workshop, where they are "sorted out" as needed. At least with cans, this is exactly what happens.
Lou Tenant
... if completed correctly, the Institute's quests are mandatory
. Far from it. At the first meeting with Father-Sean, you can immediately say goodbye to him, saying something like "our paths are different" and never see him again.
Ioannn A
conversation with a black man in a hat is enough.))

A
Abbat76 23.11.21

Barsagar
I'm playing the second game and now I understand - I will not store ANYTHING outside the workbench.
On the workbench or in the inventory, you need to move the mouse over the right or left exchange column and press the "right" or "left" button. This is how the filters switch. This means that everything can be stored in a workbench and have access to everything from any settlement, if the workbenches are connected by supplies. This is how I put everything in Senturi Hills (cryolator, I noticed the plasma gun) and took it out in the Castle after I combined everything into one trading network with suppliers.

A
Abbat76 23.11.21

Givemethedust
I do not recommend disassembling the trash yourself. Dump it into the workbench as it is. If necessary, the game itself will pick up the trash for disassembly when crafting items. In general, there are situations when the NPC asks to get him this or that trash. And it's easier to get into the workbench than to rummage through the wasteland in search of this garbage.

G
Givemethedust 23.11.21

Abbat76
Read my message again.

I
Ioannn 23.11.21

Sonic778 A
conversation with a black man in a hat is quite enough.))
Then another question. When I help the paladin Dens or Dans (whatever) he offers to join them, so if I agree, then some important changes are taking place in the attitude towards the Minutemen or not?