3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
i
iMelnikoff92 24.11.21 10:43 pm

Sli gtx 970 barely plows

Guys, I need some advice. System in profile. The problem is that one card plows at 99%, and the second at a maximum of 55, respectively, the difference in FPS in games with similar computers is quite large. Temperatures in load (stress test in Aida and heavy games), percent edge 73 °, cards no more than 65 °, measured with an afterbarner. witcher 3 in fullhd 45-55 fps, crisis 3 40-55 fps, etc.
And here is a video of a test of a similar computer, I have on average 25-30 fewer frames in these games. I have already gone through all the settings, rearranged the firewood on a clean one, updated the Windows, flashed the motherboard, if it’s the trouble, help out brothers
29 Comments
Sort by:
B
Born_62 24.11.21

To open the slay, you need a percentage on the 2011-3 platform or at least ay7 (ah will not open 100% slide because it has only 8 streams and needs more than 8 for each video card for 100% return that the 2011-3 platform gives)

M
MunchkiN 616 24.11.21

Born_62 is
not needed. for such a level. only 2 chips

B
BoBaIIyTuH 24.11.21

There may be a problem in the motherboard, some crossfire or SLI pciexpress boards have x8 + x8 slots, and when one board costs 16x. For example, SLI works for me 16x + 8x, your slots seem to work the same way.

i
iMelnikoff92 24.11.21

BoBaIIyTuH
I have 1150, express bets work 8 + 8, but I don’t think that the slot mode is to blame, because when the processor overclocked, the workload of the cards increased, now they work synchronously, and hence the conclusion that even the top-end ay5 is not able to pull out a slide from two middle cards. In gta 5, on honest ultra settings with msaa4, it gives out at least 65 fps in inactivity, as soon as it comes to action, especially the explosions of several machines at once, the fps drops to 20

M
MunchkiN 616 24.11.21

especially the explosions of several machines at once, the FPS drops to as much as 20
for min on fx 6100 without overclocking, this almost never happened. more precisely it happened but stubbornly in one place for some reason.
there is something that the pitch is not pure or in U5 there are really few kernels.

l
legusor 24.11.21

you need a processor with a pci controller that supports 32 pci-e lines and a motherboard with two electrically complete pci-e x16 slots. while that is not, your slimes are a waste of money. on Intel's platform, such hardware is now fabulously damn good.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 24.11.21

Or in U5 there are really few cores that say so. Of

course, everything is complicated, but in fact, 3.4 GHz with HT and without it perform the same number of operations. The only question is what will be the bottleneck. And where it is narrow, there will be a benefit from the extra 2 MB of cache.

Z
Zaibazu 24.11.21

legusor
Here is a friend who broadcasts correctly. This is what your percent can master. PCI Express Configurations ‡ Up to 1x16, 2x8, 1x8 + 2x4

M
MunchkiN 616 24.11.21

There, of course, everything is complicated, but in fact, 3.4 GHz is both with HT and without it, the same number of operations are performed.
not really. there is roughly speaking the idle time of the processor which can be quite a lot. it is at this time that reading can occur - writing to an additional cache and some kind of playing on the same virtual core. thus, even applications tailored for multithreading get additional performance.
I have a current doubt in such pitch things as GPU physics on processor cores. that's where I thought that virtual cores would have a reverse performance gain, but I haven't met such a pitch of research.

i
iMelnikoff92 24.11.21

legusor As
I understand it, you are talking about the 2011 platform?

-
-SK.art- 24.11.21

iMelnikoff92

for two 970s, it is desirable to have a 4770k processor overclocked. In some games, such as GTA 5, the processor ah five does not reveal the cards to the fullest. But even without it, it provides excellent FPS. I have two 970s and 4670k 4.3 GHz, in GTA 5 everything is gorgeous to play at 2560x1080.

i
iMelnikoff92 24.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
In GTA 5, on ultras, drawdowns in fullhd up to 40 during the action, sometimes up to 20, the processor drains, the witcher in Novigrad in the central square does not rise above 45 at all, and what is outrageous at high settings, measure I have a FPS in this place, I suspect that you will have the same picture because 1150 does not seem to work at all for two cards of this level

-
-SK.art- 24.11.21

iMelnikoff92
measure your FPS in this place, I suspect that you will have the same picture.

No, I'm fine ..
In GTA 5, drawdowns up to 45 fps happen only when I drive on the grass like a madman. But in the grass, everyone has drawdowns. In batches, it holds 60 fps, or even higher.
In a witcher in Novigrad 60 fps and higher.

L
Lisstoman 24.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
In the batch in GTA FPS does not fall at all. 970 sli fully manifests itself in a maximum of 3 games, and in the rest the FPS will be at the level of 980ti or less. And with one 980ti there will be no sli artifacts, the temperature in the case will be lower, consumption and price are the same. The controversial decision to take sli 970)

-
-SK.art- 24.11.21

Lisstoman
970 sli fully manifests itself in a maximum of 3 games.

I would say the other way around - SLI does NOT manifest itself, maximum, in 3 games) In almost all games played in conjunction, two cards scale perfectly. I can list a couple of games offhand where the slide has shown itself poorly - Dead Rising 3 (does not work at all), Fallout 4 (works, but there is little sense from it).

and in the rest the fps will be at the level with 980ti or less than

two 970 everywhere faster than 980TI, on average, by 20-25%. Except for those games where the slide does not really scale. And there are few such games ...
Over the past years, SLI has been quite well optimized. With the support of this technology, the Nvidia woodworkers, on the whole, are in order. AMD, judging by the reviews, is doing a little worse with this ...

And with one 980ti there will be no sli artifacts

what are SLI artifacts?)) The

temperature in the case will be lower, consumption and price will be the same

temperature, perhaps a little and less in the case. As for consumption, a bundle of 2 970s consumes 30-50 watts more. This is nonsense .. The

controversial decision to take sli 970) the

controversial decision to buy two such cards at once ..
In my case, I bought the second card a couple of months after buying the first one. 980TI, at that time, was just supposed to go on sale.

M
MunchkiN 616 24.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
however, artifacts do happen to the MGPU, but this is a rarity, the
most frequent - this is the flickering of the bloom, when, for example, you look at the sun and it starts blinking like welding,
violation of the rendering of some materials and shadows that also start blinking with wax. There is something like that in the al-outcast, for example,
violation of the order of transparency - it is often corrected by switching to the window where the MGPU does not work.

however, all this is nonsense in comparison with the quietly worn out ultras cards, so if more than 80% of the games, more than 80% of the games fully justify themselves, however. especially if the video cards are old and one GPU does not export 30fps.

-
-SK.art- 24.11.21

MunchkiN 616 The

listed glitches, fortunately, have never been observed .. Perhaps due to the fact that this was quickly treated with firewood.

i
iMelnikoff92 24.11.21

MunchkiN 616
I agree, there are artifacts, especially flickering, but I rarely notice such things

i
iMelnikoff92 24.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
Does it make sense to change 4690k to 4790k? Can the extra 4 threads and 2 MB of cache play a big role? I see no reason to switch to 2011 because it is too expensive and the performance gain will only be in extremely difficult modes

-
-SK.art- 24.11.21

iMelnikoff92
Does it make sense to change 4690k to 4790k? Can the extra 4 threads and 2 MB of cache play a big role?

there's a meaning. 4790K in a good overclocked mode is quite a good solution. I have the same issue on my agenda, I myself plan to change my poor 4670k to 4790k.
But first you need to sell the last organs for this :(