3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
ClevoGame 24.11.21 11:56 pm

Optimization (Dead Island: Riptide)

Let's go ...
Here's another driver specifically for this game, owners of Nvidia video cards
42 Comments
Sort by:
d
deusDENTON 24.11.21

Optimization is good, but despite the fact that the number of frames I have is from 60 and above, I had twitching while running. The incentive has posted a guide for solving several problems, including this one:

Skip logo at startup:
1. In your Steam games library, find the game, right-click and select Properties.
2. Click the "Set Launch Options ..." button.
3. Type B-nologos and click OK.
4. Click the Close button.

Fix Slow loading times, stuttering and more ...

It can fix problems like slow loading, frame loss, stuttering and startup crashes.

1. Open the Documents folder.
2. Open the "Riptide" folder.
3. Open "out".
4. Right click the "logs" folder and select "Properties"
5. Click the "Read Only" checkbox for it to check. You may have to press twice.
6. Click the Security tab.
7. Click the "Change ..." button.
8. Click on the user's name in the list.
9. Below that, check the Deny Modify checkbox. You should check the options underneath as well.
10. Click OK.
11. Click Yes if prompted.
12. Click OK.

(Who needs English - forward to the Steam Community Center, "Guidelines".)

D
D.Artist 24.11.21

By the way, turning off the vert. synchronization of twitching has become much less,
but the picture is not reflected in any way, you can try.

I will also check the instructions above, thanks.

d
deusDENTON 24.11.21

D.Artist
If anything, then vertical sync. simply limits the number of frames (in this case, 60 frames). When you disable this option, the FPS rises (depending on which computer), and, accordingly, the slowdowns disappear. In general, where I am leading. I think that the game requires 70-100 frames per second to prevent these slowdowns.

(your CEP)

s
sector1111 24.11.21

The whole game was played at 1920x1080 on Ultra graphics. During the entire game, the FPS dropped below 60 only once, this was when 20 dynamites exploded at the same time. I liked the optimization very much + the graphics were improved

-
-Al-ex- 24.11.21

ZiMeN Thank you very much. Now walking has become smooth and without jerks. Thanks again!!!

P
Pomu4 24.11.21

Everything goes stably at maximum speed, a friend has a computer 3 years older than mine, and everything also goes perfectly at max settings

S
Sleepy Bot 24.11.21

I liked the grafon, the optimization is at a height, clear, beautiful textures of the premises, haze, objects (full max-1080p) 60 fps-minimum 29, I don't understand why some people don't like the grafon, to mine it is an order of magnitude better ... in general, about optimization and grafon I can't say anything bad, 8.5 out of 10 (IMHO) ... oh yes, new firewood-320th-beta.

G
GasoLine | GL 24.11.21

chic optimization, everything to the maximum, except for shadows, 1080p - generally floats, 60+ fps, and on my bucket with 512mv

R
Rock_Lagend 24.11.21

ZiMeN
Thank you! It helped.

K
Kirkeney 24.11.21

In general, I liked the optimization. There were small friezes when you turn sharply. But this is most likely due to a very old processor.

V
Vacuum Domain 24.11.21

I don’t know what topic to ask. Does anyone know how to customize the FOV (Field of View) in the game?
Even from the first part, the weapon stretched out into the distance was annoying, when the field of view is on by default, it's the same here. I did not find it in the settings, I did not climb in the configs.

D
DaddyVdote2 24.11.21

Why lag in this game? nothing outstanding in terms of graphics and ideology, almost the entire game is copy-paste of the first part. They only poured more guns to please the schoolboys jerking off on inflated feces.

O
Overclock [er] 24.11.21

Excellent optimization, we've seen worse. No lags, everything flies! Config in the profile.

V
Vinni-Pukh 24.11.21

fps 130-200 but there is twitching when you run!

S
Slyd3r 24.11.21

Optimization is simply gorgeous, as for me, it's much better than Dead Island.

S
Sleepy Bot 24.11.21

EXACTLY NOW ON THE FULL MAX I PLAY

W
Wasilisq 24.11.21

I play on max and runs without brakes (very rarely slows down slightly). But my computer (ATI vidyuha) at the same time begins to howl cleaner than a Soviet refrigerator. The propellers are twisted so that the system unit almost takes off. What's interesting is that games that are more demanding to the graphon go without such a howl. So, all the same, the optimization is insufficient, or not all types of video cards are designed for, something is unfinished in short. After all, the first did Iceland I go without the howls of the system, and the grafon is almost identical

m
morandis 24.11.21

In fact, it is wrong to talk about optimization, having an i5-3570K with a GTX 670.
It is logical that everything flies there. But boasting about the config is once again a naturally important necessity.

G
Gnomen666 24.11.21

I noticed an interesting thing - the game starts with a priority below average, maybe this is the reason for the lags, the same situation was with Sniper Elite NAZI. I tried a lot of ways to set at least medium priority, but it still resets to below average when you switch to the game, none of the tested software even forcibly retains the desired priority. Guys, can anyone know the current way to overcome this problem, tell me. Oh yes, the same problem with the first part. All attempts were from the Lenovo Y580 laptop, launched on a discrete viduha.

Z
Zombieller 24.11.21

Gnomen666
mz CPU Accelerator solves low priority problem, but lags still remain