3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Constantinion 25.11.21 12:35 am

Mods without a patch!?!? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

People, if anyone knows, please tell me if it is possible to use mods without the latest patch !?
The fact is that I have a dual-core processor and, in principle, an average video card, and the game has the best performance only with patch 1.06! All patches above this cause constant freezes every 2 minutes, I think this is due to low computer performance!
And the essence of the problem is that I really do not like the standard camera in the game in the open world, I would like to make it as usual from the right shoulder, as for example when you enter the premises!
Is it possible to change it without resorting to mods !? Or use mods with patch 1.06 !?
32 Comments
Sort by:
T
TheKep 25.11.21

Kost1990
The latest patches, preparing the game for mods and a new game plus.
Therefore, I think not. Although I'm not sure, try to download, install Modkit, create a Mods folder in the root of the game and put any mod in there and check if it's possible or not.

T
Thoothless 25.11.21

TheKep
I am playing on the latest patch with mods, but without Modkit, everything works fine. Why is this Modkit needed?

T
Thoothless 25.11.21

Kost1990
Try, if you don't eat, then install the patch, lower the settings, update the hardware)

C
Constantinion 25.11.21

TheKep
Now I tried everything as you advised, installed ModKit, created the Mods folder in the root folder of the game, threw the mod there on the camera, and .... Nothing happened! (
No reaction to the mod, unfortunately!

D
DStrifer 25.11.21

In general, it's strange, this is not the first time I see that they complain that 1.8 is freezing and 1.6 is not ... Although I personally saw other examples, my friends have 2 cores and laptops, they put 1.8 completely and everything is fine, and no friezes and in general it is better and more convenient in the settings, no need to climb into ini files ..... Can you really try to install the game clean !? I also HIGHLY recommend defragmenting the disk on which the game is.

C
Constantinion 25.11.21

WitcherPlayer
If I'm not mistaken then Modkit is a program for creating mods! And it does not affect their performance in any way!
I installed the last patch, the mods work, reduced the settings for the sake of interest to the very minimum (including the minimum resolution) and zero sense! Freezit on any settings! That is, in general, the patch affects the FPS only positively and with the same graphics settings as in patch 1.06 it produces even more frames, but freezes appear, constant, the game freezes for 2 - 3 seconds, and then it works fine again, and so very often , you can't play comfortably, with these friezes the processor is overloaded by 100%! Of course, I understand that this is due to the fact that he is already old and it would be time to change him, but that's another story! I’m asking if there’s no way to edit the camera without these patches !? I just know that the viewing angle can be changed, but I would like to shift it to the right!)

C
Constantinion 25.11.21

DStrifer
Well ... I 'll wait a bit , if no one advises me to figure it out at 1.06, then I'll risk plugging in 1.08 again and everything attached to it, although I tried it already, and set 1.07, and 1.08 - freezes and all the infection!

D
DStrifer 25.11.21

Well, you put the patches separately !? drove them back and forth !? maybe this is the problem? Can you install a patched game from scratch?

K
Kapranos 25.11.21

and immediately put 1.08.2, suddenly it will fail

D
DStrifer 25.11.21

Kapranos,
here I am to him about what ....

Kost1990
here is such a gimmick option
Spoilerhttps: //www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/39wx4t/witcher_3_adjustable_camera_position_mod/

O
Old_Nick 25.11.21

Advice from the area of ​​"dancing with a tambourine", but .....;)
In the folder .... The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt bin x64 there is a file "APEX_ClothingGPU_x64.dll"
Rename it, or pack it, or move it where- Anything - in short, make sure that the game could not use it.
It seems to be - he is responsible for the physics of clothing, and can load percent.
There were reports that turning it off helped, how true - hz. But the fact that the game works fine without it is for sure

C
Constantinion 25.11.21

DStrifer
Kapranos
Yes! Yesterday I just installed version 1.08.2 at once, from scratch! The same baida! Before that, version 1.06 was played normally for a long time, I just updated it to 1.07 and freezes started, then I installed 1.08 and nothing changed, and 1.08.1 and .08.2! Optimization has grown, I do not argue, by 10 - 15 frames (depending on the location) ... but the percentage began to overload for some reason !? Che what for!?!?! I have no idea!
For example, it goes stably, set a limit of 30 frames so that it does not jump, stable 30! Then bam ... 0 frames, 2 - 3 - 5 seconds pass again 30!)
With the camera, then what to do !?) No one knows !?)

C
Constantinion 25.11.21

Old_Nick
Ok! I'll try now!)

D
DStrifer 25.11.21

Kost1990 By the way,
I recommend that you mess around here, go to bin / config / base / rendering and do so, save. Will be nimble.
Spoiler [PostProcess]
AllowBloom = false
AllowShafts = false
AllowAntialias = false
AllowMSAA = false
AllowBlur = false
AllowDOF = false
AllowVignette = false
SharpenAmount = 1.f
AllowRain = true
AllowSSAO = true
AllowMotifalse
AllowCutsceneDOF = false
AllowBillboards = true
AllowSoftLight = true
AllowFog = true
AllowUnderwater = false
AllowChromaticAberration = false

A
AlexOmen 25.11.21

Advice to be taken with indignation.
My PC configuration for the game is not at all ideal, not even minimal. But what do I do for the game:
- disable all UNNECESSARY autostart, including antiviruses;
- disable all background programs;
-start the game;
- all game settings are minimum.
AND THE GAME IS GOING NORMAL
PS. The PC configuration can be viewed in the profile.
PSS In spite of everything, the game (and the entire series) is considered a MASTERPIECE! And I dream that someday (in my old age) I will buy a PC on which I can go through the entire series at ultra settings, and this will be NOSTALGIA.

T
Thoothless 25.11.21

Kost1990
Maybe the drivers for the video card are out of date? In my opinion, for the normal operation of the mods, patch 1.08.1 is needed, try installing it. Not all mods for 1.06 worked for me, I patched it - everything is fine.

C
Constantinion 25.11.21

Kapranos
DStrifer
Old_Nick
Well ... in general, I tried everything that you advised me:
I installed 1.08.2 from scratch, pulled out the file "APEX_ClothingGPU_x64.dll", edited the file "rendering", and one hell of a freeze and that's it !!!
In general, with this patch, I set everything to a minimum, including the resolution, and 50 - 60 frames are given but one x .. the picture sticks for a few seconds, and regardless of where you are, and randomly, it can stick ten times a minute, maybe minutes five work fine and 25 again! For the sake of interest, I even downloaded a config that turns off all the grass and trees, and still FREESES !!! This is some kind of nonsense! At 1.06 it goes fine, playable, no freezes, at medium settings, normal fps, 30 frames locked, stable! I have no idea what could be affecting the processor like that causing it to go off scale by 100% with these latest patches! But thanks anyway!) I tried it somehow!)

C
Constantinion 25.11.21

WitcherPlayer
Hz ... Now I'll try the drivers!) What the hell is not joking!)

u
urban.kalabanovich 25.11.21

Kost1990
Maybe I didn't see it, but still! The config of the computer is needed, in particular, percent, video, opera, how much, how much free space on disks now, driver version for vidyuhu

C
Constantinion 25.11.21

urban.kalabanovich The computer is
old, Prots E5300 overclocked to 3.5, video gtx 660 ti, 6 gb RAM. The latest driver version, installed yesterday. (355.60)
Free disk space:
C - 21gb out of 100
D - 89gb out of 380
Such things!)