3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mr_macmehon 27.11.21 11:21 pm

A powerful laptop does not pull. Help (Fallout 4)

Laptop specifications: Laptop - Lenovo Y500
Video card - NVIDIA GTX 650M x2 (I use SLI mode, as a result 4GB of video memory)
Processor - Intel Core I7 3630QM (2.5 GHz with overclocking to 3.5 GHz)
SSD - 256 GB (Supplied instead of C drive, read speed - 555Mb / s, write speed - 500Mb / s)
RAM - 16 GB (DDR3, frequency - 1600 MHz)
At low it gives out 20 fps, in a resolution of 1280x720

And? And what kind of nonsense? BF3 is all ultra, BF4 is full high, BFH is full high, Arma 3 is medium-high (although this game is not optimized at all), and so on.

What is most interesting is that this toy cannot determine what video cards I have and sets me low settings by default.
Who can, advise what to do. Sorry for the expression "parasha" I have not seen such one yet.

49 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mr_macmehon 27.11.21

play-cat I
buy games exclusively online, and I always download singles from the torrent) And high-quality repacks are not much different from litsuhi.
Zakharenko Sergey
Do you need me in the Fallout4Prefs file? In the root folder?
SonyK.
The latter, under the AC Syndicate.
Evgeny Guzhva
Okay, no offense :)

Z
Zakharenko Sergey 27.11.21

Mr_macmehon
Do I need it in the Fallout4Prefs file? In the root folder?
You need it in the control panel, this is where your screenshot is from, go to "manage 3D parameters", then select "software settings", select the game Fallout 4, and then select "high-performance processor".
Don't forget to save and start the game.
Or you can right-click on the Fallout 4 shortcut and there should be a Run with GPU box and select High Performance.

m
mmts_d 27.11.21

1) sli mode does not add video memory. Only one vidyahi memory is used
2) the foul does not support sli
3) a friend has the same laptop, the same story

r
romero52 27.11.21

Mr_macmehon
As far as I remember, the RAM of video cards does not add up to sli .... You actually have 2gb of video memory, although I may be mistaken

m
mcbrut 27.11.21

Gaming laptops are a myth.

S
Ser777 27.11.21

Mr_macmehon
In the Nvidia settings, try switching from the built-in to the discrete video card.

m
mr.STR 27.11.21

romero52
Everything is correct, it cannot be summed up.

s
saa0891 27.11.21

I use SLI mode, as a result of 4GB of video memory

Panyatna.

S
Sprintin 27.11.21

"A powerful laptop does not pull. Help" well, you made fun of it))) where is it powerful?
and if the mode does not add another 2 GB from the second to 2GB))) you have a maximum increase to the main vidyahi 10 percent!

d
dizzy33 27.11.21

Play on your laptop? Perverts.

Z

Sprintin
where is it powerful?
Good for games.

S
Sprintin 27.11.21

Zakharenko Sergey
well, again, not a fact (in fact, what we see)! for pc games you need to collect, and not wasted on upgrading the beech!

Z

Sprintin
for pc games needs to be collected, not spent on upgrading a beech!
I do not argue, it is better to be stationary, but it may be more convenient for a person to have a laptop in his hands.
actually what we see
Here we see that the game does not see the graphics card, and is trying to start on the integrated video card. I had this with GTA V, at first I was scared I saw a low FPS, but then I went into the settings and saw that the game was not working on I ran it on the one I needed and the game worked fine, although my laptop is much weaker than the one described here.

S
Sprintin 27.11.21

Sergey Zakharenko
Yes, it's all clear, my nephew had this on a beech.
I am confused by "A powerful laptop does not pull" well, it is not powerful, not powerful!

M
Mr_macmehon 27.11.21

Sergey Zakharenko
Changed everything, the result did not change, thanks for the help.
DeSSving
In GTA V (in the settings) I had 4 GB of video memory, on one vidyah I have 2 GB.
romero52
Maybe I myself do not fully understand this.
SonyK.
Yes, the result is the same.
mcbrut
But it is very convenient and promising. The only troubles on my laptop are Fall 4 and The Witcher 3. All the rest go to - Medium-High-Ultra-.
saa0891
Decided to enlighten me after thousands of tips? Or do you think I am all-knowing? Not on time, not on time.
Sprintin
Where is it powerful? I don't even know ... Read the description. Obviously not a bucket that pulls many new items to high-ultra. I don’t see any prospects in the PC, except that if I sit at home all the time, then it’s an irreplaceable thing, and in my case, I don’t live in one place, I have constant moving. Do you know what confuses you? The fact that it is powerful, and you say that it is not, although you cannot prove it.

f
forkiller 27.11.21

Mr_macmehon
1. sli in the game works crookedly (almost does not work)
2. no one announced support for laptops in the game.
3. When will you stop summing video memory in the slave? well, it does not add up!

M
Mr_macmehon 27.11.21

forkiller
It worked well in many games, but this game does not plow in SLI. Maybe no one said who needs it?) Okay, it does not add up.

S
Sprintin 27.11.21

Mr_macmehon I
'm sorry, but I'm even afraid to call my little bucket average, although everything on the ultra works, that it's a foul that sucks the syndicate that GTA (in the description), and here you with your "powerful beech"
gave you advice to cut down and play on one dead 650m ( although they are two, it is not better)

M
Mr_macmehon 27.11.21

Sprintin
Lol. Do not be rowdy. Throw your show-offs in your yard and tell who's there what's dead. And I wrote above that the result is the same without SLI. Buy glasses.

S
Sprintin 27.11.21

Mr_macmehon
doesn’t bother you that you have 650m (second ballast)? I don’t panic, nothing.