3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
firkax 28.11.21 12:22 am

Russian fonts for d2 (Diablo 2)

I was recently in the bath and was thinking what to do without a forum. And for a long time (several years ago) I wanted to install the Russian localization of the game, but the completely disgusting font in the main menu in all Russifiers spoiled the whole impression. And finally I made myself a font editor to fix this problem. At first I wanted to draw Russian letters completely from scratch, but changed my mind - in general, it turned out to be much easier and faster to fix the under-fonts to a decent look than making my own completely. I took the "original" fonts from this Russifier, but I remember that back in 2010-2011 there was exactly the same problem and the same lack of fonts in the older Russifier (apparently this one, but it’s impossible to find out for sure), even then I wanted to fix everything, but in the end it became laziness and abandoned.

You can download it here.
Put the data folder from the archive into the game folder and add it to the -direct shortcut with a space to the launch line. For example:
"C: Games Diablo II Diablo II.exe" -direct
If there is already this folder and -direct (crack) - then copy it with replacement - in that folder the old bad fonts, which will be replaced. If the folder already exists and -direct is not present, then it is better to delete / rename the folder - it may contain some left-handed mods or cheats that are disabled, which will turn on after adding -direct.

There are only fonts in the archive, no localization, put the crack you like best, any modern one, made in UTF-8 encoding, will do. Old pirated ones of the early 2000s are usually very crooked and most likely will not work without corrections, but if anyone needs to I can convert them to UTF-8 format to make them work.
Comparisons were (above) and now (below):

I know that there are still shortcomings, later I will also correct them and post a new version if anyone is interested in it.
24 Comments
Sort by:
p
pirya 28.11.21

Thank you, firk! Fix this topic plz.

a
annortheone 28.11.21

Will the fargus crack fit? "Pissing drilled" with an updated font, hmm ... perhaps I'll even put a rusik.

W
Whiskaz 28.11.21

After I was banned for installing the mod, I don’t touch the game folder just in case

f
firkax 28.11.21

a crack from fargus, repackaged by L'Autour (http://www.rubattle.net/diablo2/files/7494/), most likely it is only suitable
for some old version and can fly in an uber tristram

and the one that was on the Fargus edition on disks it may not fit (I have never seen it and cannot tell)

O
Obsessed 28.11.21

firkax, and can you finish the crack in the spirit of "Grief = Pichyalka", "Homunculus = Homa", etc.? options can be collected acc. topic on the forum.

L
Ladder_new 28.11.21

Remarkably, I wanted to put it in Russian.
Thanks)

y
yamas 28.11.21

hmm .. Has the letter "U" changed?)

H
Hav 28.11.21

pirya
Podliz is protected.
firkax Would
confuse the font 'transliteration', would be in demand, infa weaving.

Z
ZakarumFoot 28.11.21

I thought what to do
without a forum. And for a long time (several years ago)
I wanted to "establish the Russian localization of the game"
Fuf. I've already thought about real life.

T
Torum. 28.11.21

Russian fonts for d2 - krap.

A
Alxmo 28.11.21

To the author - can you do it with some simple font, such as tachoma? And then somewhere I saw a screen with this, I also wanted to be perverted. By the way - the letter U somehow looks crooked, IMHO
But in general - I support that guy from above, Russian is not needed in d2)

Q
QLinkee 28.11.21

>> I'll fix them later, too, Wait
until the next ban?)

s
spambot575123 28.11.21

Russian in d2 is not needed)
And which one is needed? Chinese?

Z
ZakarumFoot 28.11.21

Y replaced. But he has already become a family.

T
T796 28.11.21

the name of the runword could not be translated and left the type of ananigma and so on

f
firkax 28.11.21

T796 the
name of the runword could not be translated and leave the type of ananigma and so on,
you are wrong, because:
1) learn to read and read the first post, and not only see the pictures, the topic is not about translation at all
2) calls to do something " other g "apparently means your enthusiasm for a certain" g ", however, in q2 I did not observe this, so I don’t know what to leave there
3) I didn’t see any" ananigmas "in q2 either

Еpiscop_moo 28.11.21

firkax Why
are you so nervous?

O
Obsessed 28.11.21

Episcop_moo, post-admin show-offs. ^ _ ^

Z
Zigzag-V 28.11.21

5 is not 6 that's cool ...

m
maxbars1996 28.11.21

Dobermn
is already there already http://www.playground.ru/files/rusifikator_igrovogo_chata_diablo_2_dlya_lyuboj_versii_igry-69013/