3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
firkax 28.11.21 12:22 am

Russian fonts for d2 (Diablo 2)

I was recently in the bath and was thinking what to do without a forum. And for a long time (several years ago) I wanted to install the Russian localization of the game, but the completely disgusting font in the main menu in all Russifiers spoiled the whole impression. And finally I made myself a font editor to fix this problem. At first I wanted to draw Russian letters completely from scratch, but changed my mind - in general, it turned out to be much easier and faster to fix the under-fonts to a decent look than making my own completely. I took the "original" fonts from this Russifier, but I remember that back in 2010-2011 there was exactly the same problem and the same lack of fonts in the older Russifier (apparently this one, but it’s impossible to find out for sure), even then I wanted to fix everything, but in the end it became laziness and abandoned.

You can download it here.
Put the data folder from the archive into the game folder and add it to the -direct shortcut with a space to the launch line. For example:
"C: Games Diablo II Diablo II.exe" -direct
If there is already this folder and -direct (crack) - then copy it with replacement - in that folder the old bad fonts, which will be replaced. If the folder already exists and -direct is not present, then it is better to delete / rename the folder - it may contain some left-handed mods or cheats that are disabled, which will turn on after adding -direct.

There are only fonts in the archive, no localization, put the crack you like best, any modern one, made in UTF-8 encoding, will do. Old pirated ones of the early 2000s are usually very crooked and most likely will not work without corrections, but if anyone needs to I can convert them to UTF-8 format to make them work.
Comparisons were (above) and now (below):

I know that there are still shortcomings, later I will also correct them and post a new version if anyone is interested in it.
24 Comments
Sort by:
m
maxbars1996 28.11.21

Zigzag-V
and for some reason I have 5 like 6 and remained = (, but the "y" and the spacing between the letters changed.

f
firkax 28.11.21

up

Q
QLinkee 28.11.21

Is it an update or just an up?

f
firkax 28.11.21

just an up, I saw that ohil was playing with a crack and bad fonts, suddenly it would come in handy