3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_Lemon_ 01.12.21 10:24 pm

Beta test impressions! (The Crew)

Gentlemen, let's just agree right away - here are just impressions. For everything else and problems - do separate topics. You DO NOT need to solve technical problems here.
46 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sanya Odessa 01.12.21

You shouldn't have expected more from yubisoft. Well, the more pay them for this so-called dlts. And in general, how can a large-scale patch be called dlts?

F
FoXtrot777 01.12.21

Yesterday I got acquainted with the Wild Run beta, and the first sensations, oddly enough ... positive.
After the devastating review I left on steam for the original the Crew, what I saw in the beta of the upcoming expansion is encouraging.
It is striking that the beta weighs 15 gigabytes and is installed separately from the main game. Whether Wild Run stand-alone will be an add-on, or you will need the original version of the game, it is not yet clear.
First, I'll answer a question that worries everyone who played the original. Rearview mirrors are not fixed. True, some kind of blurred blurred image of a road running away into the distance appeared in them, but it is still impossible to use them for their intended purpose.
Secondly, the updated graphics. And here everything looks very good so far. The developers have improved the textures, the particle system, added vegetation in places. There was more smoke and dust, puddles appeared on the asphalt. The illumination of night cities has also become more like the truth (the night Las Vegas is especially pleasing to the eye), and if it happens somewhere in the field or in the forest at night, now you will not be able to see the road beyond the light of your own headlights.
The optimization turned out to be unexpectedly good, and after the freezes and lags of the original, it even seemed to me that it was better in the expansion than in the original game. True, while in the beta version, shadows and vertical sync are disabled, despite the fact that in the game menu all these parameters appear at the maximum. Physics has also undergone improvements. Cars ceased to look like matchboxes, and now they try to behave believably on the road (I was especially surprised on an icy road in the north of the mountain states).
As soon as you appear on the map, you will be greeted by the already familiar (and rather annoying) agent Zoe, who will tell you that racing competitions are taking place nearby, in which you need to earn your reputation. Whether there will be any plot in Wild Run is not yet clear. It is also unclear whether the player's upgrade threshold will be increased in Wild Run. In the original, I had a completely completed storyline, the maximum level (50), and four and a half million dollars in the account, and I started the Wild Run beta at level 40 with exactly one million in the account. This million was enough for me to buy and tune the new NfS Subaru BRZ, famous thanks to the videos. With her appearance in the street racing game, there were as many as three Japanese cars. Can you imagine what a luxury ?!
At the very first racing event, you will be offered training in three new racing modes: Drift, Drag and Monstertrack (aka Big Foot). Let's start with the main thing, of course.
Drifting in the game is nowhere near as bad as I expected. This is certainly not the same drift from underground 2, and not even an entertaining physics lesson from ProStreet. Drift here most closely resembles the NfS Carbon. The local drift physics is not friendly to the player, and does not dispose to prolonged drifts. In addition, the game has some kind of traction control, which strives to turn the car around, and the use of the handbrake very often leads to a stop of the car and the loss of all bonuses. However, this mode is quite playable and can take some getting used to.
But the drag here is almost an exact copy of what we saw in ProStreet. Before the race, you are even offered to warm up the tires (in reality, racers do not do anything like this before the race). Here, as before, everything is decided by the fastest and most timely gear change, on a long straight section of the track. It's a fast, fun mode, the only drawback of which is a slightly awkward interface, although it can take some getting used to.
Rides on Big Feet personally did not seem particularly interesting to me. You are simply put into a hard-to-drive off-road vehicle on giant wheels and allowed to collect badges with bonuses along the obstacle course.
As I wrote earlier, my impressions of the beta were generally positive. I still hope that the developers will add more new cars (and especially hope that it will not be another 5 versions of the minicar). Should you buy this add-on? Since the new NfS merged safely until spring, I think it's worth it. If you want to while away the autumn evenings with beautiful casual pokatushki on your PC, I think you will not find anything else. Only the price of this "happiness" has not yet been announced.

F
FoXtrot777 01.12.21

I just have one question, and with the release it was impossible to make such graphics and physics. At least this one. It would be better than what we saw at the start.

S
Sergey Semikolenov 01.12.21

tell me how to get up on a motorcycle on a motorcycle

C
CRASHBULLET 01.12.21

Judging by the videos, the control is like a tank potato, the desire to acquire the game not only did not appear, but also hid its head deeper in the sand.

V
Vovan Kartenev 01.12.21

Sergey Semikolenov
Right Ctrl

v
vladik865 01.12.21

about a separate game, it will not be a separate game) for now it is separate only because everyone can participate in the beta, even if you do not have the original game. And upon release, it will just be a DLC that will be included in the main game. But I agree that the addition was very pleased, although I liked the original, but the addition is excellent. I am glad that they support the game further and do not do the next parts. And yes, everyone will get the graphics update, even if Wild Run is not purchased from you.

o
oplk 01.12.21

where to download the beta torrent itself? and through the official website for a long time?

C
CRASHBULLET 01.12.21

oplk
She is clean online, here the theme was handed out to everyone, look.

S

Vovan Kartenev
thanks

S

vladik865
this is for sure that the DLC will be and not a full-fledged game

v
vladik865 01.12.21

Sergei Semikolenov
yes for sure. So it was said at E3

Q
Quixtar 01.12.21

Of course, I understand that you need to upgrade the computer and all that, but it turns out a little dishonest - I bought a game with some system requirements, and now everyone is given updated graphics and the FPS for me personally significantly sagged. But maybe they'll fix it yet?

J
Jacasan 01.12.21

I played for 2 days in this misunderstanding and deleted it. The bug is on a bug, and no one will fix them before release. Just as it was with the original CRY. It's just not fun to play. I hope everyone who thought to buy or not played the beta and drew conclusions.

i
insel 01.12.21

I will not describe my acquaintance with the batka in detail, and so I have already described it above. but I want to share some details about the types of races. so:
Drift - when you first participate in a show and look at the statistics of the players, the first place immediately catches your eye, namely a dude (I don't remember his nickname) with 960 thousand points !!! for the first 5 races, I gained a maximum of 30k. but then I cut one chip ... in Crew in drift it IS NOT IMPORTANT how quickly and at what angle you make a turn, it does not matter how close you pass to the border of the track, IT IS IMPORTANT how many MULTIPLICATION points you collect! that's when I started to pass the tracks at the speed of a turtle, without accelerating more than 100 km / h and drifting, even out of the blue, practically without speed ... that's when these multiplication numbers started running. I raised the maximum to x56. so this drift in this game cannot be called drift. yes, this is an arcade, yes, this is a batka ... but damn it! at least, at least they would take something from a real drift, except for the car sliding along the road ...
but about drag - it's ... I can't even express myself without a mate. the developers apparently hit their heads, and moreover several times ... TURNS IN DREG !!!! TURNS blah! Well, where did you see, well, at least in one game, where in the middle of the track, in drag, there were turns ??? Well, we would have done all the tracks on the salt marsh, well, somewhere on the long track, but, damn it, we did a rating race in the middle of Vegas with a turn ... well, if the road were just wide and went slightly to the side, but NO !!! on the sides there are trees and buildings, and on the sides of the road there are sidewalks with a high curb !!! and besides, at the first stage (even if the tires are warmed up for the best result) when cornering, whether you like it or not, you will be carried away!
here is a video recorded

at the expense of monster trucks, I have no complaints. the only thing is that the wheels fall into the texture and the KaMaz gets stuck, wasting precious time.

I really hope they will fix all the bugs to the final version of the game.
if everything stays the same (these tracks are in drag, these incomprehensible points in drift) by the time the game is released, and the yubiki ask for money for it, I will not buy.
if it enters the season pass, then okay still, and so ... I'd better find something else to play.

PS in the mountains, on icy roads, a drift car (I have a BRZ) has grip like a train! it does not skid on the ice. whether it be sports or hardcore mode - it is very difficult to put it into a skid! on ice!!! but on clean asphalt like clockwork ...

T
Tracked 01.12.21

I waited for the DLC and thoroughly prepared for it
Spoiler
And now, having played 4 hours of beta, I can list the differences and changes:
1) Improvement of the graphic part
Spoiler
2) Change of the interface towards transparency and minimalism
3) It became more difficult to drive a car, especially on a rainy surface
4) New cars (motorcycles)
Spoiler
5) New subclasses (Drift, Monster Truck and Drag)
Spoiler
6) Added the SUMMIT event and new game modes
Spoiler
Overall I'm happy with the technical beta, this DLC will make me return to the game for more than one hour
I managed to buy The Crew Gold Edition for pre-order for 1200 rubles, so I'm not complaining about the price as many

V
Vatafaker 01.12.21

insel
Yes, this turn in drag is also infuriating, you have to release the gas there, then you will fit in.
FoXtrot777
. Before the race, you are even offered to warm up the tires (in reality, racers do not do anything like this before the race).
Seriously?
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B2+%D1%80%D0%B5 % D0% B7% D0% B8% D0% BD% D1% 8B +% D0% B4% D1% 80% D1% 8D% D0% B3

F
FoXtrot777 01.12.21

Vatafaker
In this case, the rubber is not heated, but a tourniquet. This is done as a show for the audience. Yes indeed, heated rubber has better grip, but they warm it up directly during the race or test runs, and not like that.

V
Vatafaker 01.12.21

FoXtrot777 Warm up
at all drag races where it is stipulated by the regulations. That is, it is spelled out in the rules.
During the races, they warm up at circuit races and here DRAG.
Streetcrackers and bikers "burn" rubber for fun, and then there are serious competitions.
If you watch the video with warm-up, there are not even spectators nearby in most cases.

A
Alexandrovitch 01.12.21

How does this miracle come out in time? They said that, the graphical update for standard copies, it will be free