3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MaxMayen 01.12.21 11:13 pm

Energy vs. firearms (Fallout 4)

I went through most of the game, examined almost the entire map, but began to notice that no matter how much damage the energy weapon had, a firearm, for example the same combat carbine, van shots much more often than, let it be, a laser snipe
33 Comments
Sort by:
C
CEMENTATOR 01.12.21

Mayenikus
Could it be skills? They seem to be different for each type of weapon. And the automatic is different with the rest. not?

E
EMPs 01.12.21

Much depends on perks, books found, etc. Personally, I use a firearm, if you need to secretly kill someone - then yes, a silencer + multipliers and you're done. But all open battles go through lasers, where speed and accuracy are needed, well, since that ... They often burn the enemy ...

M
MaxMayen 01.12.21

L | EMEHTATOP
Yes, the fact of the matter is that I use only carbines, and I swing them. But 100 energy damage is equivalent to about 70 firearms

C
CEMENTATOR 01.12.21

Mayenikus
has a skill on the stamina bar . which allows in aiming mode to see the level of the enemy and all of his resistance to various damage. If, for example, ghouls and bogs are well taken by explosions. then super mutants are not very much. Maybe because of this, such an impression? After all, all enemies have different armor.

Z
ZlobnyDed 01.12.21

L | EMEHTATOP
That's right. Different creatures have different resistance to one or another damage

A
Alllex236 01.12.21

L | EMEHTATOP
ZlobnyDed
armor is different, but for some reason plasma cannons melt it for one or two, I have a minigun and a gattling that do not take down so much with perks like a plasmogun x18

s
sobrichee 01.12.21

the head is always without armor - Sniper carbine 135 damage-silencer - give 5.3x crit, everything is worth it. And as it was said here in close combat, energy weapons (and a shotgun) are good =))

M
MalluM 01.12.21

Alllex236
Agree. I used all the barrels (almost all), but the plasmagan will even transfer the minigun and the gatling laser. And it's not about the damage per shot, but about the DPS - it's more realistic to soak an enemy (even a thick one) from a plasma cartridge, and not from a minigun.
ZY I use automatic versions of lasers and plasma guns, and also a commando perk in the appendage.
ZY Although, maybe it's all about the unique plasma + to the rate of fire and reload ...

A
Alllex236 01.12.21

MalluM
minigun is disgustingly implemented, the most useless weapon for them is only to shoot the townspeople in dressing gowns (

Z
ZlobnyDed 01.12.21

Alllex236
What do you mean "disgustingly implemented"? What are the specific claims?

I don't really like the minigun myself, maybe because I didn't pump power at all. Well, only a C. The 5.56 assault carbine, converted into a machine gun, with commando perks and a bonus for crit, is much more effective than a minigun without perks. Then I'll check when I dig up the skill points. Although, I probably better start a new game, because. now I know whom and what to avoid, so as not to run through the plot in a day, as it happened in the first playthrough. Complete disappointment. The game literally drives you forward, and if you join any faction, then the plot starts to ignore the rest and practically does not give the right to choose or doubt, unless you specifically think about it

M
Miha09 01.12.21

I have 384 damage gauss carbine. Takes everyone out without problems. Which firearm has the same damage?

A
Alllex236 01.12.21

ZlobnyDed has
no damage, there is practically no effect on a soldier in power armor, even with the legendary minigun incinerator (

Miha09
I have 410 + perk for damage with a silencer with a hidden attack, takes everyone out with one shot, hippo, swamp womb, legendary hunter

Z
ZlobnyDed 01.12.21

Alllex236
Also noticed that Ashbringer was not a cake at all, although he was delighted when he picked it up. Right now, it is lying in a box along with a huge pile of sprinkled "legendary" weapons. By the way, I believe that we need a mod that disables the drop of legendary gear from legendary opponents. You need to leave only personalized things, otherwise, too cheating things may fall out. For example, the Gauss carbine with a double charge, the Fat Man, which deals double damage to full targets, and the like. It seems that you understand that it comes out too cheating, and not to use this weapon is also somehow offensive, after all, rare, even if generated

D
Diabolic_Fruit 01.12.21

MalluM
The fact is that for the gatling and minigun there is a separate perk for heavy guns, the commando does not apply to them.

Z
ZlobnyDed 01.12.21

By the way, did it seem to me or the usual (not legendary) pumped Gatling laser is much more effective than the pumped Ashbringer?

u
usus 01.12.21

And I run with a sword with 2-3 blows kills anyone

c
caprainbow 01.12.21

Does anyone answer if there is a difference between a fully tuned and pumped automatic weapon and exactly the same non-automatic one?

P
Pomu4 01.12.21

ZlobnyDed
I tested the incinerator and gatling on a matriarch of death claws (level 51).
Incinerator spent ~ 350 rounds, gatling ~ 120

Z
ZlobnyDed 01.12.21

caprainbow
Perks are used differently. For commando machines, for non-automatic machines too, I don’t remember the name. So everything is customized exclusively for yourself.

Z
ZlobnyDed 01.12.21

Pomu4
Loss of rate of fire isn't such a bad thing. If you smear, then less cartridges go down the drain. I once took aim in VATS from a minigun, so he, bitch, released everything into milk. And in normal mode, while the trunks are untwisted, the enemy will already move, you need to "catch up" with a stream of lead on the go.
In real life, the PPSh's rate of fire was a disadvantage, not an advantage, for exactly the same reason. A lot of ammunition went into milk