3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MaxMayen 01.12.21 11:13 pm

Energy vs. firearms (Fallout 4)

I went through most of the game, examined almost the entire map, but began to notice that no matter how much damage the energy weapon had, a firearm, for example the same combat carbine, van shots much more often than, let it be, a laser snipe
33 Comments
Sort by:
c
caprainbow 01.12.21

ZlobnyDed
This is already clear, but I mean the difference in characteristics i.e. Fully upgraded automatic sniper carbine versus fully upgraded manual bolt sniper carbine. Do they have the same DPS or is someone better or worse? (Taking into account that the skill of wielding the corresponding type of weapon is also the same)

Z
ZlobnyDed 01.12.21

caprainbow The
stump is clear , which is steeper, subject to frequent hitting the target. With a single charge, you shoot, for example, once every two seconds with 90 damage, and during this time a machine gun fires, say, ten bullets with 60 damage. Is there a difference? But let's not forget about the ammunition consumption. If you don't have enough of them, as a rule, then it makes sense to swing non-automatic weapons, but with the right perks.

P
Pomu4 01.12.21

I also ran a couple of tests here now with automatic 18-A and gatling.
The 18-A has remarkable damage of 108 + 108 with a rate of fire of 136, but due to its recoil it is extremely useless at medium-long distances, and its 30 ammunition is also a minus. As a result, the gatling seemed to be the most effective and damaging of the automatic weapons.

c
caprainbow 01.12.21

ZlobnyDed
If this is really so, then this is the wildest imbalance, because shooting in the game is very simple and you can only contrive to smear in VATS mode or with poor FPS, personally it seems to me that one type of weapon, if it is not ultimatum like a fat man, should not dominate the other because the meaning of the other weapon type is annihilated

Z
ZlobnyDed 01.12.21

caprainbow
Disagree. Sometimes it happens that you have to use VATS, and it is very annoying when he released the whole clip in the leg with the death claw, which rushed at you with a locomotive, but only hit you a couple of times, and even then did not critique. And a bunch of bullets flew away. The accuracy of automatic machines is quite noticeably lower than that of non-automatic machines. And the range is shorter. In short, it is roughly compensated. But I have not yet found a decent barrel from which one can successfully shoot single-handed in most cases, so I use the automatic ones. If the target is close enough and tries to flicker, then there is little use from lonely, with each miss you waste time on reloading, and the enemy does not sleep at this time

c
caprainbow 01.12.21

ZlobnyDed
Tuned a double-barreled rifle, a .50 sniper carbine and upgraded the possession of single-shot cannons by 4 + crit 3.0x from the upgraded inviz = one-shot of everything except especially armored targets and legendary opponents (and of course raiders and autoleveler shooters), they require from 3 to 5 shots to the pumpkin and so far the only enemy that I was given with difficulty was the legendary death claw in the witch museum, that's where I had to use psycho

Z
ZlobnyDed 01.12.21

caprainbow How
difficult? Almost at the very beginning I found an automatic shotgun with exploding cartridges. All living things were annihilated in a matter of moments, despite the fact that I had not yet pumped weapons skills. And then gradually it became less and less sense and I put it in a box and forgot. You need to get it, pump it and try again. Although I already have all the skills in the commando and the muffler stuck

c
caprainbow 01.12.21

ZlobnyDed
It all depends on how quickly you will be discovered, if you remain unnoticed for a long time (and this will only work if you actively pump in stealth), then you can take out any enemy, the main thing is to pump crit from stealth and the rest is small. It’s also little use to get a shotgun if the enemy not only found you, but also about the same level with you or even higher, here only assault or stealth again will help, but I always have a backup option

a
alexzet3 01.12.21

Yes, I
myself noticed that I was
wearing only
plasma firearms and I don’t use the laser, I don’t roll for slaughter

a
alex333555 01.12.21

Just saw the mention of a bug on the English wiki - armor reduction for rifles only works for firearms. Although this will only give about 10% damage reduction. Plus, the damage formulas are different and for laser weapons they also depend on the distance.

M
MalluM 01.12.21

Diabolic_Fruit
Of course)

M
Mercurionio 01.12.21

Xs. Plasma at level 3 of the perk cashes 98 + 98. Not a legend, God forbid. Plus, it is universal, it hits any enemy the same way. I don’t use a cheater one-shot from stealth, it infuriated me in Skyrim.

s
sobrichee 01.12.21

caprainbow I
totally agree, I play in the same way as a rescuer with a glushak kills targets an order of magnitude higher in level.