3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Konstantin_22 08.12.21 11:51 pm

Replacing the processor

Hello, I am looking for help, because I myself do not know where to dig. I decided to change the percentage of intel e6600 to q9650, I ordered it from China in order to save money. Yesterday I installed it, but it only works up to 900 MHz, regardless of the load. I tried various manipulations on the advice of the Internet, such as changing the settings in the BIOS, tried to reset the BIOS - nothing helps. What can you try to do to understand whether he is a worker at all or not? For the sake of interest, I watched the unpacking video, no one had any problems, it worked right away. One more thing - it does not always start the first time and hangs on reboot, only a forced reboot saves. Mother of asus p5p43td. I myself am not particularly in this matter, so I can't cope without advice))

37 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 08.12.21

I would check if it really works at this frequency on Windows xn sometime
because it is not clear from where this frequency is taken from. there should be a 333 bus by a factor of 9, which will give approximately 3 GHz. if there is something else in the BIOS and there is also some kind of FSB bus or a couple it is 1333 and it must have the correct divider to the ozu and, in theory, all this should be set automatically if everything is normally supported by the BIOS. despite the fact that the minimum minimum is possible x6, which is possibly curled from the motherboard. I had a bug, I don't remember with which processor when it tried to start not at its own frequencies, but it immediately hung up.
although after I had another processor began to fry at 4Hz for a constant instead of 3. with something I am already in my life not sure of anything pitch-pitch.

M
Marsj 08.12.21

Look at the processor in cpu-z.

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

MunchkiN 616
The multiplier in the BIOS does not change, but it shows 9, I also met 333, I even tried to overclock it manually using a video from YouTube - reboot and a dark screen, I have to reboot again with the button and the settings are reset to auto, but the frequency still does not change. In appearance, my bios is the same as in the reviews. In the evening I took off the percent again, I thought maybe I put it somehow wrong, while I removed the battery - at startup, the frequency is generally 0.6 GHz, the base one is also 0.9. It is also embarrassing that this frequency is recorded immediately in the name of the processor in the information about the system. Windows can somehow influence it, it is possible to reinstall it, but is there any point, or is the problem still in the hardware or the BIOS? Today I will try to install cpu-z, maybe it will show something else

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

On every reboot does not start until you press force reboot. When turned on, it also does not always start the first time, you have to torment

M
Marsj 23.12.21

Konstantin_22 wrote:
Today I'll try to install cpu-z, maybe it will show something else. It
can detect a fake processor.

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

Marsj
What will this mean?

K
KIBERMAX 23.12.21

Constantin_22
Means that the processor may be fake, but as you wrote that you ordered it from China, the probability may be high.

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

KIBERMAX
In this case, by the evening I will sign off on the results

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

This time the computer started from the fifth time, if not more, this is what cpu-z showed me:

And this is from YouTube:

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

Multiplier jumps x6-x9

M
Marsj 23.12.21

Bus frequency is set to 100 MHz, dig bios mat settings. boards.

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

Marsj
PCIE Frequency is this her?

S
SkyGame 23.12.21

The external frequency (bus speed) and effective frequency (rated fsb) should be higher somewhere between 333 and 1333, look for such values ​​in the BIOS, but first google how they are indicated in the BIOS.
CPU Host Clock Control, CPU Frequency can be labeled as such in BIOS

M
Marsj 23.12.21

Constantine_22
No, you need FSB (CPU Frequency).
Spoiler
Core 2 Quad Q9650 (rev.E0,3.00GHz, 1333FSB, L2: 12MB)

Front Side Bus FSB 1333 CPU External Frequency 333 MHz

M
MunchkiN 616 23.12.21

Constantin_22
where buss speed should be 333 and not 389
where the FSB should be 1333, the
processor itself incorrectly overclocked itself either because the last one was overclocked or because it does not have a stable divider with this memory at these frequencies. at the moment the divisor is 1k2. those most likely need to select the equilibrium frequency divider and which ones are not particularly imagined, but the FSB bus (the one that should be 1333) should be 2 times higher than the effective memory frequency (which grows from overclocking with the FSB bus, which should be 333 by default). with ddr 2 800 MHz (400) everything would be simple and with 3 I know what frequency it is.
this is 2007.
https://i.playground.ru/i/pix/701788/image.jpg
in theory, it should be something like that, since one program can notice that the processor thinks that the processor has 900 MHz, but in fact it is overclocked to 4 GHz.

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

Marsj
It turns out this?

when switching to manual mode, 333 immediately appears there, I even tried to change everything manually - when rebooting, it resets to the car again and nothing changes in operation

M
Marsj 23.12.21

Konstantin_22
Yes.

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

As a result, it turns out that it is worth it correctly, but the percentage still does not overclock.

M
Marsj 23.12.21

Konstantin_22
No, you have it at 100 MHz in CPU-Z. BIOS offers option 333 (enter the desired processor frequency using the numeric keypad), it remains to apply the changes and save.

d
delfin12011 23.12.21

Or maybe you need a BIOS firmware?