3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Konstantin_22 08.12.21 11:51 pm

Replacing the processor

Hello, I am looking for help, because I myself do not know where to dig. I decided to change the percentage of intel e6600 to q9650, I ordered it from China in order to save money. Yesterday I installed it, but it only works up to 900 MHz, regardless of the load. I tried various manipulations on the advice of the Internet, such as changing the settings in the BIOS, tried to reset the BIOS - nothing helps. What can you try to do to understand whether he is a worker at all or not? For the sake of interest, I watched the unpacking video, no one had any problems, it worked right away. One more thing - it does not always start the first time and hangs on reboot, only a forced reboot saves. Mother of asus p5p43td. I myself am not particularly in this matter, so I can't cope without advice))

37 Comments
Sort by:
K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

That's just the point, I put it manually, I save it, it reboots - a dark screen. I reboot with the button on the system unit - everything is in "auto" in the BIOS. Can it be true that you can somehow update the BIOS, or Windows?

n
neoandpha 23.12.21

can you see the test in CPU-Z?

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

neoandpha
How to send it here? Now I looked at the compatibility of the mother and the processor - starting with the BIOS version 0302 they are compatible. I have 0502, so there is no need to update the BIOS

v
vin86fate 23.12.21

Konstantin_22

v
vin86fate 23.12.21

Konstantin_22
https://www.asus.com/ru/SupportOnly/P5P43TD/HelpDesk_BIOS/

v
vin86fate 23.12.21

Konstantin_22
https://www.asus.com/ru/SupportOnly/P5P43TD/HelpDesk_CPU/

v
vin86fate 23.12.21

update to the latest version

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

vin86fate
Do you think it will help? I have a more recent version, 0502. Tomorrow I'll try it now, for today I'm done))

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

So, where I stopped: first I tried to put my old percent (e6600), it started up as it should - 3.06 GHz, moreover, I changed the frequency in the BIOS, overclocked it to 3.4 GHz for a sample at random. I installed q9650, dropped the BIOS along the way with the help of a battery - there is no effect. I updated the BIOS to the latest version - nothing changes, it also starts the second time and up to 0.9 GHz. Then I have only 2 thoughts - to reinstall Windows (I don't even know how to connect it), or to reject the percent

M
Marsj 23.12.21

Constantine_22
Perhaps the drivers from the old processor conflict with the new processor, then do a clean installation of the axis.

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

Marsj
Then I'll do it now, there is an installation one, it shouldn't take much time. I'm also wondering, is memory frequency supposed to be like that at 100 MHz?

M
Marsj 23.12.21

Konstantin_22
If this is the RAM frequency, then your dies work at this frequency - DDR200 (100 MHz).

P
PapaKarloS 23.12.21

I had a similar obscene one on p43 and so on it, after 2x nuclear, the same percentage did not start (bios sewed), it turned out that there it was necessary to move some jumpers on the obscene one under the northern chip and then flooded.
maybe it's the same story?

d
dobro4insky 23.12.21

Is energy saving worth it? First, try with one operative bar .. Pull out the battery and close the contacts there should be two pins, let him smoke for an hour! Did you forget the additional power supply of the processor? Is the spinner properly connected and why not the 5450?

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

I could not stand it, on Saturday I took it to the service for a check. This week they promised to check everything and find the reason. Then I will unsubscribe that it will become known

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

dobro4insky
5450, is this the one that is Server? And the socket there seems to be different

K
Konstantin_22 23.12.21

The service said that the motherboard does not want to perceive this processor. They put it weaker - it works, but this one does not want to. I’m thinking now, how to define it exactly, because they themselves don’t know what’s the matter, only assumptions