3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reav3r 10.12.21 02:08 am

I was told that this is a difficult game. Nubs probably ... (c) (Dark Souls)

I want to greet everyone and share my impressions of Dark Souls, a game that changed my vision of what games should be.
I saw the game by chance, when I was looking for another RPG, having gone through all the interesting things that my old wretched computer pulls. Unfortunately, my budget did not allow me to buy the game on steam and enjoy the wonderful online mode, so I downloaded the pirated version. Going into the game, I immediately appreciated the gloomy atmosphere, which I liked, but then, as a hard gamer that was not revealed, I didn't really like everything, starting with the choice of the character, his origin and the initial subject, tk. there was no detailed description of what this affects (as I used to see it in TeS or Dragon Age, for example). I was surprised that you can not choose the level of difficulty, and in general there are few settings. The beginning of the game and I, having got out of the dungeon thanks to the kind knight Solu, with a fragment of a sword in my hands, rushed to surf the expanses of the new world and went nuts, having received pretzels from two skeletons. Then I began to guess that not so noobs are those who talked about the hardcore game. After playing for another 10 minutes and dying 5 times from the first boss, as it turned out later from which I needed to run away, I freaked out, left the game and forgot about it for a while. The only thing that brought me back to the game over time was boring online games and the ability to play DS from a gamepad (lo and behold, I had one). And now, having filled up an endless supply of sandwiches and tea, I, determined to conquer the hardcore game, settle down comfortably with a gamepad in my hands and for the next 8 hours I plunge into a dark world. After the same 5 deaths on the first boss, I decide to read the walkthrough guides. Having understood what to do, I moved on. After playing for about 3 hours, I already began to understand what a wonderful game this is. I played without stopping for several days, finished the game in 24 long hours and ran to tell my friends, what an awesome game this is. A friend of mine just fell in love with the game from my stories and ran to pass. The next evening, he already shared his impressions and told me about things that I had not noticed before. After that, I decided to study the game more deeply, sat down to read the wiki, watch video materials, as a result of which a lot of interesting facts were revealed, which pushed me to complete NG +, while paying more attention to details, such as describing objects and comparing the mosaic of history and the plot of the world that suddenly became so obvious and simple. In the course of replaying and viewing a heap of materials, I learned that the game also has the Artorial of the Abyss add-on, which I had not noticed earlier. It further reveals the beauty of the game and adds many hours of fun passing. And so, after completing the game a second time (which is the first time I do), I got an incredible experience of hardgaming, just a bunch of emotions and impressions, how awesome the game can be, the atmosphere and the plot that you have to "guess" yourself. After some time, out of curiosity and boredom, I played the game for the third time, which I did not regret - the impressions and pleasure only intensified. The Darks Souls series is by far the best RPG in the genre for me. After DS I go through games only on hard mods, I always watch videos, carefully read / listen to dialogues and delve into the plot, which I have not done before. All this pushed me to go through many old games anew, without missing any of the above, which opened them up in a new light. Now I'm waiting for Dark Souls 3, I will definitely buy it - I dream of trying pvp. I wish I could play Bloodborn. In the end, I want to say that this is incredibly interesting,
Thank you for your attention (**,)
26 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sakateka 10.12.21

As I understand you!))) After DS, I also began to play all decent games only on hard ...

u
urist666 10.12.21

Guy, I totally agree!
After all, I’m still a casual, but I’ve heard a lot about DS in my time. At the same time, as they say, both want and prick: the stories about spoiled nerves were too frightening. But all the same, I decided and bought this masterpiece ... and after I started playing it, for at least half a year I could not play other games - they seemed to me too insipid and not interesting. The sea of ​​emotions and sensations. Game - 11/10.)))

R
Richards 10.12.21

no autoregen and other bullshit, a good RPG with old school but with a stylish combat system and equipment. I passed it twice, but the second part is worse, because they made it under pvp and locations, respectively, like pvp arenas, how the current attacks you for the first time red, everything is immediately clear why they did this and I really did not like it, of course you can play offline , but it will be pathetic, because online in the first part and skirmishes with the red ones are very harmoniously inscribed than in the second part. In short, I wait and hope for the third, Witchers 2 and 3 are also in a more or less old style, turned on hard and the same dark soul, without any autoregen.

d
drag_in 10.12.21

Azz1noth
Happy for you! Found your favorite game!

R
Reav3r 10.12.21

I also have a pirate Richards DS 2, so I didn't have to see hemorrhoids with red ones. In general, the second part was very pleasing, especially the ability to hit with two hands. The story is generally chic, especially the hints of the giant / dragon connection.

drag_in
Thank you!

R
Richards 10.12.21

Azz1noth
All I remember, pvp sharpening, endless co-op, in this I walked with under two million souls in my pocket and level 180, in small locations two meters apart, not counting the Amana temple, when, as in the first epic scale, it was more imprisoned for solo and harmonious pvpshki throughout the game and to overcome all sorts of obstacles like archers on the roof is very interesting, but here everything is meager and super easy.

R
Reav3r 10.12.21

Richards
Well, I was very impressed by the first part, so I didn't notice such disadvantages. Soon I plan to go through the second part again, maybe my opinion will change.

R
Richards 10.12.21

Azz1noth
most likely I ruined myself with this, because it was fun in pvp, there were all sorts of bridge on the bell towers, maybe I didn’t feel the story at all.

s
siame 10.12.21

New ending!

m
mcbrut 10.12.21

Gorgeous games
It's a pity I didn't finish them until the end.
And in general, it's too lazy to go through all the games. Install, look and delete
= ((((

v
versir 10.12.21

the games are really exciting, it's a pity that only demon's souls did not pass (

t
tatunserg 10.12.21

my brother played only football on the computer, he is not addicted to gothic, skyrim, or any shooters. but he played duck souls, and in 1 and 2 parts ...

p
pochtipushkin 10.12.21

Azz1noth
i know that feel bro)

The first acquaintance was with DS2, when due to the coincidence of circumstances I was forced to lie in bed for a month and decided to keep myself busy. I remembered that of all the RPGs that came out, I had already passed or tried everything, but my hands did not reach DS. Why did you decide to start with the second part? I just watched the videos first and drew attention to no graph (I confess, there was a case) and chose the lesser of two evils. In the beginning, he received lula from everyone (especially from the pigs in Majula, which was especially offensive), but this only fueled interest in the game. In general, I can write for a very long time about my impressions of DS2, but I will say one thing, those 280+ hours that I spent in it, looking into every nook and cranny, making probably 50+ trips to the Smoke Knight and Sir Alon - were perhaps the best hours spent in games.

After that, I calmed down for a while, pondered the game, recalled the emotions that she gave me. ... ... But, very soon, withdrawal began. ... I thought about going through NG +, but decided, especially from the reviews of experienced players, that it was worth going through the first DS. Completed the passage yesterday in 45 hours (again, looking into every nook and cranny). I was very upset that the game ended quickly enough. The first part delivered less emotions (I don’t even know, perhaps because this is the same universe and I received a "blow with a bag of emotions" in the second part when I first met).

It also seemed to me, contrary to the opinions of most players, that the second part would be more difficult than the first. Perhaps this is due to the fact that, having taken on the first part, I already had experience of the game, but not a single boss gave me problems and rare of them required more than three attempts (Gwyn was killed on the first try and even thought that it was a warm-up before the final boss , but no, the credits went, the famous gargoyles passed the second time). The only park was with the tomb of the giants - it was just very dark and there were cliffs all around.

The series as a whole is a great example of a quality RPG, and not a parody or fake, which nowadays love to rivet. Am I looking forward to the third part? Probably it would be stupid to ask)))) I look forward to her more than any other game.

PS I remembered that I went to Ornstein and Smaug 10 times. Subsequently, I passed only with the help of Soler's phantom on the first attempt)))) I did not use more phantoms anywhere.

b
beast-pixar 10.12.21

I read the comments. And I thought to play it)) let's see what kind of masterpiece everyone is talking about!

p
pochtipushkin 10.12.21

beast-pixar The
likelihood that you will regret is extremely small, believe me))))

(of course, if you are not casual and not a fan of "press X to wines" games and have at least some patience and are ready for challenges and self-improvement)

And yes, I advise you to buy a license anyway, since the online component of the game only suits the face. And when you get involved in a pirate game, but you cannot play online, you will be very disappointed (checked on yourself), because it is impossible to transfer a Persian from a pirate to a license.

p
pochtipushkin 10.12.21

urist666
But nevertheless I made up my mind and bought this masterpiece ... and after I started to go through it, for at least half a year I could not play other games - they seemed to me too insipid and not interesting I

thought that I was the only one)

S
Setesh 10.12.21

I'm sorry for everyone who thinks this game is an RPG

p
pochtipushkin 10.12.21

Richards Witchers
2 and 3 are also in a more or less old style, including hard and the same dark soul, without any autoregen.

Not the same Dark Souls at all - you save where you want, after death you don't need to cut through the whole map and kill everyone again, after death you don't lose anything. The feeling is not at all the same, although the fights can be just as difficult.

p
pochtipushkin 10.12.21

Setesh
Comrade, go play The Witcher 3, because, judging by your post, RPG for you is "NEEDS MORE DIALOGUES !!!" =)

S
Setesh 10.12.21

pochtipushkin
thanks, already passed 2 times. I don’t understand such a reaction to my comment, I didn’t say that DS was a bad game, I also played it (though I only went half way somewhere, I realized that this was not RPGs that I love, and did not go further)