3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Misha Cherik 10.12.21 02:34 am

Will virtual reality systems be invented like in Fallout? (Fallout 4)

Do you think something similar to what was in the anchorage expansion in Fallout 3 will be invented? Like a capsule, security protocols - and off it. It would be fun to play games like a fallout in this thing
30 Comments
Sort by:
S
Setesh 10.12.21

Misha Cherik
yes, but not during our lifetime and not even in this century

M
Misha Cherik 10.12.21

Setesh
Well ... If in 1950 someone had said that in 40 years the Internet and a computer would appear, no one would have believed either ...

C
Cucumber312 10.12.21

You, me and all the inhabitants of PG are unlikely to see this.

F
Flavius ​​eugenius 10.12.21

Even if they do something like that tomorrow, I won't play it. It's a completely different gaming and it's not for me.

M
Misha Cherik 10.12.21

Flavius ​​Eugenius
Why? It's fun, complete immersion in another world. With the help of the security protocol, in real life you will not die. Cool.

S
Sitis133 10.12.21

Misha Cherik
In 1985, the writers of Back to the Future believed that in 2015 there would be a lot of futurism, but in fact they didn't get close.

F
Flavius ​​eugenius 10.12.21

Misha Cherik
I am a very conservative person, it will not interest me stupidly. For me, the immersion is a gamepad in my hands and a look at the TV set.

M
Misha Cherik 10.12.21

Sitis133
Super AI is more likely for a ZAX-type computer like the President of the Enclave Henry of Eden. And virtual reality is something else. AI is not needed here, you need to somehow influence the human brain so that it can draw graphics based on what it calculates PC and add some other sensations to the picture and output it not to the monitor, but directly to the brain

S
Sitis133 10.12.21

Misha Cherik
I'm talking about the development of technology itself.

R
R9D_HAWK 10.12.21

I believe virtual reality is a direct path to degradation

R
R9D_HAWK 10.12.21

I think in 50-60 years it will be quite possible

S
Sitis133 10.12.21

BORYAN_SWAT
And the fact that now in the world in your opinion is not degradation !? Selfies, selfie sticks, Instagram with millions of food pictures, duck fucking you, "twerk" !?
Pff virtual reality for him "path to degradation"

P
Putnik_Dirar 10.12.21

In general, virtual reality has just started to gain momentum, with many versions of helmets, etc. Here you cannot say when and what may appear. In this matter, both "breakthroughs" in achievements and weak development are possible. Experiments with the brain, in my opinion, do not bode well, but when progress was stopped by fears)

z
zombijaic 10.12.21

this is some kind of ananimus xD

D
Destroyer_26 10.12.21

Something similar can be experienced already now, in lucid dreams.

M
Misha Cherik 10.12.21

Putnik_Dirar
Putnik_Dirar
Experiments with the brain can, on the contrary, be beneficial and push towards its better research. Those helmets that are now are a half measure, just an effect on the eyes. sleep, the only one in which you can walk, act, die and not forget what happened after waking up

S
Sitis133 10.12.21

Misha Cherik
The fact that you are trying to prove the correctness of your point of view will not accelerate the coming of this into reality.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.12.21

there was a couple of the type of hypnotic sleep, which was fashionable in the fantasy of the middle of the last century. in practice, such a pitch is hardly possible.
if the brain is to be connected to the pitch, then the pitch must be directly connected to the neurons. and in any way it is not possible to contactlessly in modern concepts of physics. Thus, it remains the same type as in any cyberpunk - for a year, a special display port is inserted into the port and you can watch cartoons on it.

p
people with a machine gun 10.12.21

Sitis133
Why? Some things have come true, and some have exceeded all expectations.

E
EmFor 10.12.21

From what? Modern technologies in the relatively near future may well adapt the human mosque to perform the functions of a game controller. Now there are quite promising developments in the field of medicine for people with disabilities. Ten years ago one could only dream of such a thing. What can be achieved in this direction is not yet clear, because virtual reality is just gaining popularity. Despite the fact that the topic has repeatedly developed in literature and cinema, the real embodiment is being born only now.
Technology is advancing by leaps and bounds, good or bad time will tell. But to guess what technical innovations will fall into our century is a thankless task.
3-4 centuries ago, no one had a clue about the steam engine, a century and a half ago, airplanes were just invented, most of the site's inhabitants were born after the invention of mobile communications.