3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KravcovNik 11.12.21 12:40 am

What do you dislike about Wasteland 2? (Wasteland 2)

I am simply enraged by the stupid and not logical behavior of my partners in battle, during the loss of control!
25 Comments
Sort by:
s
scorg94 11.12.21

A lot of things, to be honest: the rangers who are created by the player are just stupid boobies, they have neither morale nor personality, unlike their partners. The chances of opening a safe, hacking a computer, etc. are also enraged. I have developed the corresponding skill to 10, why the hell do I have to load 5 times to successfully open it? Bugs are also infuriating and impassable quests.

M
Metal messiah 11.12.21

Optimization, oddly enough. And misses from a shotgun when shooting "almost point-blank" - at the target a couple of steps from the shooter. Or similar hits on allies. The enemy is devil where, but no, the unit is aiming exactly at the back of the head in front of the ally standing. Although he could shoot over his shoulder.

T
Tarelk83 11.12.21

the fact that you constantly have to turn the camera so as not to miss something

T
TTG 11.12.21

At the moment, after installing all the updates, the weakest point is combat, namely its complexity. With proper pumping, the game ceases to challenge the player. And the battles themselves turned out to be rather boring and monotonous.

N
Negih 11.12.21

KravcovNik
Well, I would see how a person who has lost control will behave (maybe he has fallen into an inadequate state at all)
Dima Ogorodnikov
This is the idea of ​​the developers. They hint that even with the PERFECT knowledge of something, you can make a mistake. So it makes sense.
Metal Messiah [for the freedom of UA]
It's easy to hit your partner with a shotgun, because there is a spread, but when a sniper hits his, then yes - stupid
The main omission of Westland is the pseudo presented world. Even in the first location (ranger base), when half of the team is walking with a mount, and the dude in the museum is happy with a lamp or a postcard, and at the same time, an energy weapon with a bunch of cartridges is sold HERE. Brad, not otherwise.
Second: Robots, which are analogous to synths. And they do not bother the rangers, okay robots, but then why
Spoiler, when in the second map, when a man in OPEN tells you to put metal handles / legs, the rangers react to this the same way as to Manerites, and do not shout in panic that this rubbish can take over the world again. I don’t understand the logic.
Third: Stupid ass licking skills / bully, etc. Not only do they NOT give additional quests, but sometimes they make the situation worse.
Fourth: There are practically no unique weapons or similar ones (so far I have found only a sniper)
PS. Fallout 2, by all criteria, beats Westland.

s
scorg94 11.12.21

Negih
So it makes sense .
It is logical, but INSANE infuriates to load 5 times in a row to open the safe
In my opinion, on the contrary, they greatly simplify many situations. As far as I remember, in Highpool you cannot take an Indian girl on a team without using these skills.

E
Eroppo 11.12.21

Most of all in this game, it pisses me off that when minimized, everything is paused. And if you need to run from one end of the map to the other, you have to sit and stare blankly at the same motionless picture

M
Metal messiah 11.12.21

Communication skills are rarely used, and even less likely to be of real benefit.
and the dude in the museum rejoices at the lamp or postcard
Antiques. And weapons are a means of survival, not for collecting. Therefore, it is sold, and not kept under a layer of dust in a museum. Well, other than broken or really antique. And what is unique about energy weapons and ammunition, if there is a little more than enough of it lying around?
As far as I remember, in Highpool you cannot take an Indian girl on a team without using these skills.
Can. But you will quarrel with the local deputy mayor. What leads to a couple of quests being lost

K
KravcovNik 11.12.21

Negih, and from what partners fall into an inadequate state? Health at maximum there are no injuries, there is no alcohol or drugs in the game! But they lose control (riot) three times in a row and at the decisive moment they fail the battle!

K
KravcovNik 11.12.21

Negih, a unique weapon offered by Captain Ethyl Mercaptan, for different things like a turntable or a broken video game! She's in the ranger's citadel!

s
sCard 11.12.21

a from what partners fall into an inadequate state? Health at maximum there are no injuries, there is no alcohol or drugs in the game! But they lose control (riot) three times in a row and at the decisive moment they fail the battle!
under fire, everyone is worried (this is putting it mildly), so everything is logical. Download leadership, and there will be no problems.
unique weapons are offered by Captain Ethyl Mercaptan
Sucks, except for one energy blaster, for uranium ore.

K
KravcovNik 11.12.21

sCard, 1) Leadership is understandable, but there are more important skills! It seems to me that only in Wasteland 2 my partners are so stupid and often worry during the battle that they lose control (I came under fire and my instinct for self-preservation, not suicide worked)! 2) Unique weapons don't suck, but they don't even suck, they are slightly improved!

M
Metal messiah 11.12.21

I came under fire and my instinct for self-preservation, not suicide, worked
. Still, people react to this in different ways. Panic is taking place. Panic and the instinct for self-preservation are mutually exclusive things. Also, under fire, a person often acts automatically, the "tunnel logic" turns on, and he ceases to adequately respond to orders, reacting only to what he sees in front of him.

K
KravcovNik 11.12.21

Metal Messiah, I agree each person reacts differently!

M
Metal messiah 11.12.21

By the way, if the likelihood of a riot / panic directly depended not only on the corresponding characteristics of the character, but also on the level of health and the number of cartridges, it would be even more fun. Or I don't know something, and this feature is implemented in hardcore game modes?

_
_Grads 11.12.21

Metal Messiah
( where basically sitting my "unreliable" cut ...), at least until the enemy and five strokes not to run ...
Dares it as bluntly - pumped leadership of one of their own fighters 4oh (all exactly one will be crippled in battle - it is necessary after all, charisma at least 6 someone + conversational, yes intellect ...), as soon as% of leadership is exactly% of rebellion, there are not any breakdowns, even in the very heat ... you just need to keep hiring within the radius of action of the "leader's" charisma .. . all the "black" work will be done exactly by the troika for the battle of the pumped fighters ...

K
KravcovNik 11.12.21

And I also don't like the automatic placement before the fight. It seems that he placed everyone as it should and keeping the distance, but no, he will put everyone in his own way, everything will overwhelm!

R
RicoChico 11.12.21

General budget and combat.

M
Metal messiah 11.12.21

KravcovNik
Manual placement does not always coincide with this grid, alas.
It would be ideal if there was a hex grid. And there was an opportunity to hide / show it at any time. And the preliminary arrangement is easier, and the variety of moves and actions.

B
Battle_Mech 11.12.21

first of all - the randomness system (obviously potato people were invited with their own VBR: D). this is the likelihood of a successful break-in / repair, etc. especially happy when you are trying to break the fence, and you have a "critical failure!" and .... the fence can no longer be broken ... this is ... idiocy: D .. well, this is connected with the jamming of the weapon, the probability of hitting (it pleases when he pokes the barrel from an assault rifle in a UPGRADE !!!!!!! but cannot get) ....
besides this - a very long download. the game so eats a lot (I have one and a half gig of RAM, today I looked specifically for the sake of interest), and saves are loaded for more than a minute .. for so long even Dewes Ex 2 was not loaded. but fallout 3 loads the saves in a moment, especially if you reboot in the same location ...
otherwise ... the game seems to be very cool and addictive. atmospheric (the radio is generally a bomb thing!), a lot of all sorts of possibilities .. but this is another steppe)))
in principle, against the background of advantages - the disadvantages are smoothed out enough :)