3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Samin Sheifenberg 14.11.19 04:29 am

Stellaris 2.0 developers struggle with the logic and theory of war. (Stellaris)

Good day! Familiarized with a new portion of the diaries of developers.
EN.stellaris.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%94%D0%BD%D0%B5%D..
Confuse two things

- the refusal of warp jumps as FTL technology(which kills playing roles half setups)
real broken tactics and invasion, and the dependence on the generated universe(if you happen to be in the sleeve or pinned, you ass.

- The fight against destacada, the stronger the fleet, the worse it is. Ie is the penalty for progress in the game? Let's say I have three corvettes with thier 5 body kit and a power stack 550, the enemy has three homeless-Corvette with Tyr 2 power kit and the 275, and it gets + 50% to rate of fire, because he's a weak sucker and the developers decided it to regret?

All that for fighting destacada, theory dastakov is projected on the setting of the game itself the essence of the theory of war, to attack superior forces is critical to minimize losses.

smarter than they are and the more you ship, the faster you knock out the enemy ships -> the faster you knock out the enemy ships, the fewer of them can shoot at you and cause damage.

It is an axiom of any battle or war. This is the main rule of any leader.

Excuses, saying that it is easier to maneuver in small groups, and zooms to the target. Why, then, technological progress affects the size of the fleet. After all, three super tongue(10K) for the engine of the game is 800 rusty buckets(10K) and 3 corvettes against them will receive the same bonus.

If I'm wrong correct me? Either I did not understand, or paradoxes went to the roof and they have become weak-minded garbage.
22 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mr.Nikitos 14.11.19

Totally agree. And I'll say even more. All this nonsense is likely to lead to such abuse, as a lack of sense of swing arms. The fact that health and shields, very little increase the number of Military power flotila, and armor does not increase this number, so in theory you can download just health with armor, but with T1 guns (or T3 kin. the gun, which has little effect on the numbers). In the end, you may be, numerically, the power of the fleet is 10 times less than the enemy, but health armor 3 times more. In the end, you get excellence in health and strength equal power in terms of firepower.

s
scorg94 14.11.19

Mr.Nikitos wrote:
otsutstvie the sense of swing arms
But it is very unlikely. Now the technology will be much stronger ships to do. if the conditional 10%, they grew stronger, now all 30% if you change T1 to T2.

M
M4x150 14.11.19

Samin Sheifenberg wrote:
- The fight against destacada, the stronger the fleet, the worse it is. Ie is the penalty for progress in the game? Let's say I have three corvettes with thier 5 body kit and a power stack 550, the enemy has three homeless-Corvette with Tyr 2 power kit and the 275, and it gets + 50% to rate of fire, because he's a weak sucker and the developers decided it to regret?
No, the diary was said about the laws of Lanchester: "the More numerous force, entered into battle with less numerous, not only will you win the battle, but suffer a much smaller loss". The enemy will get +50% to rate of fire if you have 10 corvettes and he has 5. Components are not important.

S
Samin Sheifenberg 14.11.19

Somehow still looks like complete nonsense, along with the abolition of all FTL except the metro

K
Kavaynik 14.11.19

All they have is logical, including a bonus for a smaller number of ships in battle, a smaller number of ships in theory koordiniruyutsya easier and maybe more successful to esistiti, which somewhat strengthens the position of high empires with an emphasis on science. But the abolition of different types of engines with the addition of the landscape on the contrary gives more room for tactics and more motivation to go on hopping, which again strengthens the position previously weak high empires, they before others begin to jump and catch in the right system where the enemy will be weakened because of the landscape.
And for those who are afraid of being trapped in the spikes when creating the game will have the option on the number of giperborey on the system.

M
ManticoreX 14.11.19

the rate they increase weak.yeah it's funny. drogasil from fear of a more powerful fleet increase the strength. this is kind of weird.
it would be better remade warp. for example when braking,so they do not engage in(now though is braking,but they are fighting the same),then you could do something like ambushes in key systems,waiting for a strong enemy. after the jump when braking to disable the shield recovery and all positive bonuses. ie making the victim of a predator who got caught in an ambush. and let his fleet stronger than yours has a chance to weaken the fleet,and after that can be extra to escape. importantly,the inhibition was not too long otherwise warp jumps will become useless. do a lot of things to do can be fun and more practical. but paradoxes,these paradoxes generate places.
just forced to use the tactics of what they want. many fleets. I already use it,but when you think that the fleet can handle the enemy. then build another. during the crisis, so all domstic basically just want to chop all.
and now we have the snake will jump on the system.
about the warp,it seems I haven't removed? did not see about it. right now, of course without the warp and wormholes play,so all have become highly dependent on space birth of the Empire. I was lucky to win,but no... be patient. it's boring. with the wormhole, I can get into the other sleeve and make a surprise the enemy. And so with this Hyper all primitive and boring,it's easy to guess the moves of the enemy. so I think do I need this patch. with the reactor and armor ideas like the rules,but otherwise do not leave the choice.

M
ManticoreX 14.11.19

Kavinik
the tale of the formation with one engine instead of three I've always liked

K
Kavaynik 14.11.19

ManticoreX
Ie you do not mind that type engine gave you such an advantage in the beginning? As for me the wormhole and warp initially thought was crooked, curve system traps made them unbalanced warp in the latest patches in fact really conceded only to predigital, which was very difficult to get the wormhole at all suited for the end of parties, but not start. Yes, and the requirement to fly through the system to the desired tunnels to jump sickly gives opportunities for tactics and somewhat limits the blitzkrieg military empires in the galaxy, especially considering the fact that it is now possible to catch the enemy in the systems with the most painful for him fine because he got there a sensor in the hell will see.

M
ManticoreX 14.11.19

Kavinik
Hyper have no braking... the third Hyper very fast. If I did it more nimble,and jump to catch the engine would be hard:) by the way I'm more like wormholes,they require stations and cons of your larger ships,remove them from the game all nonsense. Yes, they are difficult to intercept with station defense,but do all engines must have the possibility of interception?? that's silly to reduce everything to a common denominator in the strategy? getting rid dastakov is in full swing,in order to diversify the war, but the monotony of the engines added. I'm not for that warp was cool in the beginning of the game,even offered additional cons to it,because if you think about it,you can find more interesting solutions? or this one does not agree? drank and well... the monotony of hurray!. I say that the developers did not want to bother with it. they sold the game sold the add-on and suddenly decided there is bad and ought to change,but now with a bunch of DLS we ought not to commit follies that their purchase was relevant! that's what they care about. a word about new tactics, empty sound. now if I can put the whole Empire with wormholes,after the patch, this will not happen. although with them, too, their own special tactics. cutting features and the small extension left for me will never become something new:)

P
Pavel Percev 14.11.19

as there was Mods fix it =)
Let them do what they want until we can send to the UI.

S

something I'm very confused, ie the jumper is not removed, just instead of three parallel variants of FTL will make the ascent from the warp to Hyper and back to the jumper?

G
Greshnik5126 14.11.19

Honestly will have to read the article because I have extremely tripping when facing two equal stats fleet - the winner is whoever has more ships. Ie I have 5 battleships in the top, and I naked Indian crowd Spud, cherax, battleships no......
Read about the changes, get the bonus, as I understand it, small fleets, the example above, the change of armor and shields like the reactors on the ships were already in the mod, but the retreat of the fleet - no, begin again gonyanie all over the galaxy for the last remnants of the enemy fleet, so he didn't kill a defenseless army...

S

Well, Vanille do the players initially were huge problems with the stack the INITIAL corvettes computer. He riveted hundreds in the stack. The players were taken against such stacks of 15-20 Supershow from destroyers to battleships and comp them do it. But it was decided just study the gameplay and the right selection of guns. It's just that each fleet had to keep one third of the barrage of anti-aircraft destroyers with machine guns and air defense. Against missiles and corvettes.

No, if they really implement it properly, ie BAFA super-fleets it consists of a small number of ships( a small fleet) If you understand and Pravasi will be exactly to the number of ships that is the norm. Another would be to introduce new types of ships, so I don't have to put fashion.

B
Botponevole 14.11.19

God is always on the side of the big battalions. Wrongly attributed to Napoleon. The words of the French Marshal XVII p. Jacques d'Print business of the Firth.
The history on this account is actually a definite answer does not, is not always the big battalions win. You can remember the victory of the same Alexander the great against the Persians, Napoleon's conquest of Central Europe, Suvorov in the Russo-Turkish war, these victories were won against numerically superior enemies with relatively equal technical level.

c
commander2 14.11.19

the number of fleet they fixes large Empire and give the opportunity to share fleets instead of 1 big pile to do.+ will give the opportunity for small Empire to drag.

r
ruslan123451 14.11.19

Remove 2.0 1.9 back in the income statement a hockey

k
klaus.maria 14.11.19

They really overthought only one (at the moment) - moving between systems. Well they removed the generators of wormholes (though why not keep and the artificial and the natural is not entirely clear), but why they move tied only to giperkeratozom - all in any gate not climbing!!!
Warp drive is now just a type of accelerator giperpryzhka! If they did like in Star trek move they would understand everything. The better you warp, the faster and farther you can go (in theory, warp 10 - anywhere in the galaxy instantaneously; but it is for rassledovanij technology)! Would be better if they actually tied the fleets to supply bases, star bases in the same or nearest habitable planets (fuel quasi-free) or buy for twice the price of free market. It would make much more sense!
In General, an ambiguous addition, he played until long, we will see.

S
Sir_kokainum 14.11.19

Played. Unhappy. Now, as in Crusader kings, you have the entire map to catch pissing Tredici 1.0 ships. They also do not die of a retreat. Weak fleet throws debility benefits. War with an equal opponent turn into idiotic clowning longest in decades. The military way of development is now generally unfavorable. Nonsense. Waiting for mods to rebalance the war.

I
Ingbelial 14.11.19

To version 2.0 the number of systems and planets influenced the study? And then just today noticed that very slowly all being studied.

s
skiffox 14.11.19

Embelia
Early affected the number of colonized systems, planets, and priests. But now the systems are all where there is Outpost... It's just hard.