3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
daniil2287 11.12.21 01:36 am

Are strategies extinct?

Do you think the strategy genre has died out?
18 Comments
Sort by:
J
Just Max 11.12.21

don't eat dota 2

R
Razox 11.12.21

Which ones? RTS?

N
Ne6me6sis6 11.12.21

of course died out.

D
DenisZotov2014 11.12.21

Of course not ... Total Var, Ikskom, Cossacks and a few more strategies will be released in the near future.

K
KOSTOLOMx 11.12.21

The strategy genre "will not die out" and "will not die out" is one of the genres that is developing and will exist as arcades of various types.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 11.12.21

Not that it has died out, but there are no high-profile masterpieces coming out either. Such as the third Vrik or DoV, Total Thieves are good, I do not argue, but somehow they do not pull.

N
Niko71790 11.12.21

Starcraft 2 still keeps 2-3 million players online per day, and the Act of aggression was recently released, so one thing can be said - strategies are now in a very difficult period, but they are. I mean the classics, because the newfangled "economic" rivets without interruption.

B
BioGen 11.12.21

You just need a break, so Wahha will be coming out this year.

s
saa0891 11.12.21

Gray Goo
Endless Legend

We are waiting for X-COM 2, it will be a bomb.

X
X_ray_83 11.12.21

But step-by-step like heroes there and jrpg like dirt, RTS is certainly not enough (((

M
MunchkiN 616 11.12.21

died out then no. but descended into a niche genre, is of little interest to a wide mass of players, therefore, there are very few aaa projects.

P
Podvipodvertov 11.12.21

And I keep dreaming of some kind of strategy about the Second World War with the scale and capabilities of the first "Blitzkrieg", but with a very beautiful picture, special effects, detailing, elaboration of every little detail and with a free camera like the one that was in the "Second World War".
But I think in my life I will not see such a game, now strategies are really not as popular as it was in the 2000s, and even more so about World War II. But I love the history of that time, and everything connected with it.

s
saa0891 11.12.21

Podvipodvertov

Not so large-scale, of course, but with much more varied possibilities and well-developed gameplay, damage system and direct control of each unit, well, a much more complex series behind enemy lines, although you probably played it.

P
Podvipodvertov 11.12.21

saa0891
I know this game, I went through all the parts several times, but most of all I remember the very first part, there was a German company about Michael Wittmann. At one time, this game made me completely upgrade my PC.

s
schta 11.12.21

hmm ... I don't think strategies are in decline. The most primitive strategies are dying out.
Some of the strategies degrade, turning into casual MMOs for kindergartners, and some turn into hardcore mixes))) Evolution, it is.

V
Vaselinski 11.12.21

Eh, what games were there before, Stronghold 1, Crusader, Warcraft III, Age of Impire, even now I'm playing in them, though the new Stronghold is not very even.

M
Melshlemming 11.12.21

Vaselinski
You can also remember Panzer General.

M
Maria Melnik 11.12.21

It is dying out, which is a pity. There were many wonderful games that you can play even now