3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Ramzes181276 11.12.21 01:37 am

Question. Bear on a funeral pyre for heroes (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

On Skellig, on one of the islands, I discovered this: I did not kill the Bear

Spoiler

- he was here. In front there are three shields, on the sides there are two chests with loot. There are no buildings on the island (houses, ruins, dungeons). There is no one alive either. Not far in the sea (under the question mark) there is an empty ship - but there is ordinary contraband under the water.
The island is located here (lower-left part of the map):
Spoiler Just below this island:
Spoiler

And not far, in the lower-middle part of the map, I came across this island:
Spoiler The corpse is highlighted in red, but I cannot examine it (not found or failed quest).

The island is here:
Spoiler

Now questions:
What kind of bear is this that is burned on a separate island, on a mountain, on an honorary bonfire - like a hero-warrior?
Could it be related to this quest, but "inactive" corpse on another island?
Who faced this - unsubscribe, please - interesting.

I completed the entire game in 160 hours. I did everything I could find (I didn't play gwent at all). There are several failed quests. And there are not very many question marks.
26 Comments
Sort by:
1234567890t_ 11.12.21

maybe easter egg

J
JOKERIVAN 11.12.21

Um, maybe this is some kind of sacrifice to the gods. I
shouldn't have played gwent.

R
Ramzes181276 11.12.21

JOKERIVAN
Emm, maybe this is some kind of sacrifice to the gods
It is unlikely ... The sacrifice is made on the altar ... and there should be some idols ...
Remember, Vesimir had a similar funeral pyre - a wooden platform with a platform for the body.

R
Ramzes181276 11.12.21

Is that the bear ate three (by the number of shields) warrior-heroes. And they are going to be burned in the belly of a bear. And in the chests - the loot of the dead.
Primitive, uninteresting, but logical ... Vandal traditions ... Savages,

sir ..))) But I think that maybe some kind of cut-out quest can really be.

G
Grandfather MastDai 11.12.21

In one of the quests, there was a clan of warriors who could turn into bears. Perhaps this is one of them.

R
Ramzes181276 11.12.21

ZorbaBudda
But this is possible. What kind of quest?

J
JOKERIVAN 11.12.21

Ramzes181276
In the storyline, when the werewolf bears attacked during a feast in honor of the new king

R
Ramzes181276 11.12.21

JOKERIVAN
Hmmmm ... I don't remember, I probably missed the information. (I add it later - I remembered about berserkers - werewolves - bears).
And what about the quest corpse, do you know something from another island?

S
Sir Francis Drake 11.12.21

Ramzes181276 The king
's gambit quest is called with berserkers, but what kind of corpse I don't know, maybe there were pirates around and you hacked them to death?

R
Ramzes181276 11.12.21

Sir Francis Drake
I have this quest interrupted by "to defeat the wildkaarl".
Spoiler

As for the corpse - I came across it after the passage in the "free" game. I investigate "places where a white man has never gone before" and open "questions". I haven't been here before.

L
Lyokha Tatarintsev 11.12.21

Yes, most likely just cut content. And you remember in Velen, in the Devil's Pit (as it is called, near the gallows tree) There is a whole network of underground tunnels, but the entrance there is locked with a key, and the key is nowhere to be found, and there is no quest for it either.
And the idea that it is a berserker on the altar is very plausible. Keris said that only legends go about the berserkers, and no one has seen them themselves. And the author wandered into an island very remote from residential areas.

R
Ramzes181276 11.12.21

Lyokha Tatarintsev
I also think that the version with a bear-oborton and cut content is the most probable. And on Skellig (an analogue of medieval Norway with Vikings) there are only polar bears (I could be wrong - I don't remember exactly), and that one was gray-brown.
And about "... the author wandered into an island very remote from residential areas ..." - I wrote that I was exploring the "edges of geography" and "white spots".

O
Old_Nick 11.12.21

3 options:
a) There are quests that are active only for a certain period and for a limited time, for example: "Troubled neighborhood" in Oxenfurt, or "Kidnapped in youth" on Skelig. Perhaps - these are "traces" of the same "already" or "not yet" active side effects.
b) unfinished content, such as "The Devil's Pit"
c) simple - entourage. Like a hint that berserkers aren't such myths if you haven't completed the gambit yet

J
JOKERIVAN 11.12.21

Why is it a werewolf bear, maybe it is the same bear as in the penultimate hand-to-hand combat quest, that is, the most ordinary one, but he is revered

R
Ramzes181276 11.12.21

Old_Nick
If there were just time constraints, then at least SOMEONE would have stumbled upon this quest, but there is no such information.
Most likely options b and c.
JOKERIVAN
Also an option. And shields and loot - the defeated in the "ring".

PS Maybe the developers will come to their senses and in the DLC they will do something.

O
Old_Nick 11.12.21

Ramzes181276 ".. though SOMEONE would have stumbled upon this quest ..."
I have a strong suspicion that the people who cleaned out all the small islands of Skelige can be counted on one hand;) And not the fact that both hands;). And maybe they found something on the English-language forums, there are even fewer people sitting in both communities;)

R
Ramzes181276 11.12.21

Old_Nick
I myself did not climb into the "deep province" during the passage.
And after passing ... WELL, IT'S VERY REQUIRED TO FARE TO THIS WORLD !!! ...
So I rummage around the "nychkami", looking for buns ... Yes, and there are still questions ...

D
Dimkinpark 11.12.21

If Geralt was real, he would cut off your head for such a hairstyle, bueeee.

R
Ramzes181276 11.12.21

Dimkinpark
This is "your" Geralt I would have chopped off my head (with a light blue sword, if the hairstyle is so important for him).
And "my" Geralt's hair is fucked. He doesn't bother with it.
And the question in the topic is not about the hairstyle.

R
Ramzes181276 11.12.21

By the way, one more interesting place:
Spoiler

Middle-upper part of Skellige.

The corpse of a fisherman suspended upside down at anchor, next to a chest with loot, not far from the corpse of another fisherman. I have never seen such a "decoration" in the game again.
There were several drowned people on the island (but they do not suffer from such sadism) and three bandits (probably their work).