3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
maksimfighter 11.12.21 02:26 am

Is it true that accelerators and slowers were fixed in the Russian voice acting? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Is it true that accelerators and slowers were fixed in the Russian voice acting? I haven't downloaded the patch yet, but people say yes, but I can't believe it
41 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alex the one 11.12.21

Orogon
dizzy33
For those who are in a tank and with a helmet (see from 42 min)

G
GyJIeBeR 11.12.21

Alex the One
Sometimes those who are in the tank are also shell-shocked, you can't prove it to them. But the voice acting is excellent, (selection of voices, etc.) But the acceleration, etc. spoils the picture, he himself spat when there was a romance with Keira. dinner, says one thing and the picture, even turned on the English voice acting. Then he switched back.

m
maksimfighter 11.12.21

Psychodolver
sorrow

m
maksimfighter 11.12.21

Ang voice acting is not an option, as for me it is terrible, it was voiced without any emotions at all. I go through all the games in English, but the Witcher doesn’t fit the English

I
Imperator1 11.12.21

Played today for 3 hours ... everything is fine. And in general, there was rarely an out of sync in the voice acting. I was lucky). Basically Triss sins with this, Ian happens. Geralt is rare. Zoltan is generally a world man), by the way, he never noticed the desynchronous.

R
Ramzes181276 11.12.21

Psychodolb
Regarding Ivasik - Janek - Johnny ....
The first two names are geographically suitable for the place of events and folklore. But Johnny is overkill. Moreover, "proper names" are not translated. And for a semantic adaptation, then it is necessary to make "Forestman" out of "Leshy" and others like them - to rename all the Jeepers and Crippers.
For example, some game with the classic Wild West (like "Call of Juarez"). And "our" localizers will give out: "Cowboy Vasya on the prairie came across the Indian Fedya, who poured the blood of a buffalo on the totem of Perum."
That user is right - "Johnny" sounds completely alien there.
PS Yankee go home.

Y
Youxyxol 11.12.21

Ramzes181276
I bet. For each voice acting, the most common name in the territory of a particular country was chosen, everything was done correctly.
Yes, Johnny may not sound very good for the Russian ear, but think about how Ivasik or Janek will sound for an American.
Imperator1
The main character who sins with this is Cyril.))

R
Ramzes181276 11.12.21

Vychuchol
"proper names" - are not translated
And further transformations of names (Geralt - Harrold, Jennifer - Jennifer, Buttercup - Ludwig, etc.) so what?)))

P
Psychodolb 11.12.21

Buttercup - Ludwig

Yes Buttercup and so Dandelion in English, lol ... In Polish - Jaskier, which, in fact, is translated as buttercup ... (=

i
icebear2 11.12.21

Our translations are more interesting than in other languages, this is a fact. And yes, in some dialogues there is a lag in the voice acting, this is also a fact Martin himself said about this, since they did not have a person responsible for Russian localization, but at the moment there is and will begin to correct it.

D
Destroyer_26 11.12.21

dizzy33
Everyone has this garbage, but you haven't noticed anything. YES YOU ARE CHOSEN !!!

R
Ramzes181276 11.12.21

Psychodolb
... Yaskier ...
It's like ... So our localizers also have noses in fluff with "proper names" ...
But they have an iron excuse - they relied on the translation of books, the film and the first parts of the game.
Although the "angloficators" also have such an excuse.
And Polish - the original is in their language, so they have a "trump card".

N
Norman bates 11.12.21

Psycho
Column Dandelion (Dandelion) it is because Buttercup (Buttercup) is considered a feminine name (hello Princess Bride).

G
Grandfather MastDai 11.12.21

Ramzes181276 Proper
names are really not translated, but there is such a science - Etymology. So, according to her, the names Ivan - Jan - John have the same origin, and in fact are the same name, simply pronounced in different languages. Well, Ivan turned into Ivasik solely on the initiative of our localizers, sort of like a diminutive pet.

D
Damnash 11.12.21

Ramzes181276
What nonsense? Yaskier = Dandelion, but Dandelion = Dandelion, this is not our parasha, but in the American version.

R
Ramzes181276 11.12.21

Damnash
??? I did not understand the idea.

M
MKUltra 11.12.21

Vychuchol
Yes, with Ciri already a real bust. It feels like she has cerebral palsy and autism combined.

One question torments me - why was it necessary to translate the dialogues verbatim ?! If in English a phrase has one length, and in Russian with a literal translation - another, then it could have been adjusted to the length in English, even if not word for word, the main thing is that the meaning and the main idea were conveyed. I don’t think there would be any problem with this in Russian.

m
maksimfighter 11.12.21

was it really possible not to at least fix the storyline, I'm generally shocked by them, before the witcher there was no such beastliness in any game

G
Givemethedust 11.12.21

King of the World
I do not think that in the Russian language there would be problems with this.
Sure? I still think and will believe that the Poles are to blame for their optimization of facial expressions for English pronunciation. Well, the fact that they did not have a single Russian-speaking person to control the localization, in general, some kind of nonsense.

D
DEMON624 11.12.21

are they going to fix it, or shouldn't we hope?