3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lyokha Chukalin 13.12.21 12:37 am

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T overclocking and mother

I have such a stone. at rest it consumes 75 watts, and under load they write that much more ... there are no exact values. so I wondered how my mother pulls him at all. mother of asrock 970DE3 / U3S3 http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/970DE3U3S3/index.ru.asp the description says * Support for Socket AM3 + processors with power consumption up to 95 W * Only 95 watts CARL! works like this. and the games are going great. and I would also like to overclock it to 4GHz, but I cannot understand how it will work on my mother. If any of you understand this please explain to me. I can’t get it, but I can’t find any information on the Internet. ps this computer collected some sort of commercials 5 years ago to my brother. but right now I took it for myself and I'm trying to make something more or less out of it
24 Comments
Sort by:
D
Digic_07 13.12.21

Lyokha Chukalin Overclocking is impossible
on your motherboard, since your motherboard is an office plug

L
Lyokha Chukalin 13.12.21

CRYSIS0707
please advise replacement then.

D
Digic_07 13.12.21

Lyokha Chukalin
ASUS M5A97 R2.0, GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3P, but I see no point in changing the motherboard for overclocking.

L
Lyokha Chukalin 13.12.21

CRYSIS0707
thanks. that's just how I didn't understand how it works, despite the fact that 95 watts in total are supplied to it. eh, although it is 120 at face value recorded

7Rain7 13.12.21

Lyokha Chukalin
Well, first of all, you vryatli drive it at 120 watts. Secondly - I heard the phrase - groans, but rides))) The mother still has a stock.

L
Lyokha Chukalin 13.12.21

7Rain7
Well, I only drive it for games. there were no reboots, no lags. blue screens too. I realized that I would drive it up to 4GHz as I wanted now, for sure, one will not (

7Rain7 13.12.21

Lyokha Chukalin
Vryatli these games loaded all cores of the processor completely 100%

L
Lyokha Chukalin 13.12.21

7Rain7
I think yes.

D
Denis Kyokushin 13.12.21

Focus on the card, no overclocking needed

R
Ramzes181276 13.12.21

Lyokha Chukalin
"... Support for Socket AM3 + processors with power consumption up to 95 W ..." FX series, 95W, frequencies above 4Hz.
Read below AM3 series Phenom ii. 125W, frequency more than 3 Hz without overclocking. With overclocking, it can produce 140W.
Spoiler
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970DE3U3S3/index.ru.asp?cat=Specifications

And here (at the office site in the list of supported processors we admire 125W and 140W).
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970DE3U3S3/index.ru.asp?cat=CPU

Dare. But why? It is quite enough. [Denis Aleksandrovich] said it correctly for the viduhu.

... to drive it up to 4GHz as I wanted now I definitely will not ...
And it would hardly have worked. The boost multiplier for this model is locked, and you cannot stretch a whole gigahertz on the bus (300-400 MHz is normal). The stone limit is 3.8-3.9 Hz (in older models with an unlocked multiplier) with a push-pull overclocking and good cooling. And there is no need - he will cope with any game.

L
Lyokha Chukalin 13.12.21

Ramzes181276
here thanks)

M
MKUltra 13.12.21

This percentage is not chased. Well, you can overclock it by 100-200 MHz. There is no sense in changing the mother. I had the same only with the Asus m4a77t motherboard (almost analogous to yours) and everything worked fine for 3 years. So you don't have to bother with the replacement. The frequencies that you can squeeze out of it will not give you anything (the increase will be 1-3 fps), except for increased heat generation and instability.

L
Lyokha Chukalin 13.12.21

The King of the World
read more than one article when they quietly drove to 3.8-4.2 GHz. http://www.almodi.org/soket-am2-am2-am3/obzor-razgon-i-test-shestiyadernogo-protsessora-amd-phenom-ii-x6-1075t/testoviy-stend-razgon at the bottom of the page. or this video

R
Ramzes181276 13.12.21

Lyokha Chukalin
The author of the video used the M4A88TD-V EVO / USB3 motherboard and a fairly normal cooler (DeepCool Ice Wind calls it somewhere after the 7th minute).
Spoiler
Overclocking is correct, you can take such a frequency, but ...
BUT! ...
AIDA64 stability test is turned on correctly - percent. with cache and memory, ... but the on time is 8:40, and off after 1 minute with a trifle. I am not at all sure that at such a frequency it would have worked stably for a longer time. The stress test must be run for at least half an hour. And whether the bus will withstand such a frequency for a long time is also a question.

R
Ramzes181276 13.12.21

King of the World
... Well, you can overclock by 100-200 MHz ... 200 MHz
multiplied by 6 cores = 1.2 GHz "extra" computing power (is that not enough for you?). And 300 ~ 400MHz = 1.8 ~ 2.4GHz "for free".

L
Lyokha Chukalin 13.12.21

Okay guys, I listened to the opinions and realized that I will not drive. I think that's enough. thanks to all. you can close the topic. p / s cooler Zalman CNPS10X Performa (+)

M
MKUltra 13.12.21

Ramzes181276
at overclocking + 1.2 GHz, even with an unlocked multiplier, not everyone will work.
Yes, and the frequencies of the nuclei generally do not add up. If 200 MHz is 200 MHz, and certainly not 200x6 = 1200 MHz.
According to your logic, the processor frequency is 3.0 GHz x 6 = 18.0 GHz, so what?

Lyokha Chukalin
cooler is normal for him. I had the same one on it. And now it stands on the shteud.

R
Ramzes181276 13.12.21

King of the World
"... 1.2 GHz of" extra "computing power ..." It
meant the "additional" total computing power of all cores.
Do not confuse it with bus multiplier and processor frequency.

Maybe I didn’t quite understand the idea.
The keyword was not "processor frequency", but "+ total processing power".

".. the increase will be 1-3 fps .."
There will be no - there is a viduha "anchor" - a "bottleneck".
The gain will be only for mathematical calculations - audio / video encoding, rendering, etc.

Yes, the cooler is valid.

L
Lyokha Chukalin 13.12.21

As a result, I dispersed it on my mother and she supports 140 watts ... in general, right now, the percentage is 3.7 GHz and quietly passes the stability test for 30+ minutes. like this. at 3.8 already blue screens.

D
Digic_07 13.12.21

Lyokha Chukalin
Unsuccessful processor, my phenom 1055t 3.8 ghz takes it without raising the voltage