3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MrWorld 13.12.21 01:33 am

Reflections on gameplay [thirst, food, breakdown] (Fallout 4)

We've all seen a bunch of gameplay analyzes (in Russian) 100 times, but no one went into details. The game showed food and water, but I did not see the hunger, thirst tab (There will be no survival in the game?). The weapon does not break, in the game did not have this tab, except that the power armor needs to be repaired. It also seems to me that the game will not have different types of ammunition like in New Vegas. Is it still possible to get degradation or not? Or is it still something that has not yet been shown and is being finalized. Write what else have you noticed. It will take a long time to release, but the gameplay will not show soon
36 Comments
Sort by:
F
FOSTER_ok 13.12.21

Different types of ammunition were clearly the main thing that New Vegas was doing. All the players directly zadrachil these ammunition, because without them you can not go through the game just like that.

M
MrWorld 13.12.21

FOSTER_ok
Well, what about hunger, thirst, survival, weapon breakage, etc. Is that not important?

C
Cule_R_uliT 13.12.21

MrWorld
In the "Classic" fallouts, nothing of the above was. In "Modern" only in New Vegas, and then if you select the optional mode.

w
wektor1313 13.12.21

yes, any fallout is a sandbox that the developers will not grind, modders will grind, if there is no such favorite thing as different cartridges for the barrel, then modders themselves will grind as quickly as possible

B
BeaverSid 13.12.21

I will say one thing - you are tired of creating themes in which you suck out unsupported fantasies and dreams from your finger, and when the game comes out, you shout - it did not meet expectations!

1ABDULOV1 13.12.21

So it's good that they removed the weapon's breakage. I shot the whole store, it needs to be repaired. As if in life if you make a shot, it will break. To make it break, you need to put dirt on it, remove some parts and hit it on concrete for an hour.

M
M0f 13.12.21

There have already been enough difficult games for this (and last year). Relaxation time.
And you don't need a survival.

F
FOSTER_ok 13.12.21

MrWorld
is all about gameplay. If they fit into the game, then why not? But if they only interfere, then remove them, forget and forgive.

F
FOSTER_ok 13.12.21

1ABDULOV1
Silencers, for example, usually have a resource for 1-2 magazines. Some, it happens, are designed for one shot, so in fact it is not such a terrible and implausible thing.

V
VETER15 13.12.21

The game showed food and water, but I did not see the hunger, thirst tab (There will be no survival in the game?).

F
FOSTER_ok 13.12.21

MrWorld
's other fallouts also had a hard time getting to the hunger, thirst tab. It all popped up on the screen in a timely manner, so it's not a fact that it won't.

s
solus. 13.12.21

The need for "food, water and sleep" was sucked from the finger, since it was an unsuccessful attempt to bring hardcore into the game, in which the GG was treated with sleep, was cleared of radiation by injecting antirad (you can imagine what it is to remove radiation from the body and / or get rid of the consequences of radiation?), repaired high-precision sniper / plasma weapons with irons and cans, etc.

Want realism? Get rid of the idiotic indulgences that the game went for to please the casual gamers. Take away healing from sleep (why on earth should the bed provide anything other than simple rest?) Remove the ability to repair weapons with junk lying under your feet (instead, make the reduction in its effectiveness - degradation - much slower, but at the same time bring highly specialized techies into the game, who are the only ones able to restore the killed trunk - and not "on the knee", but in special SPECIAL workshops). Remove radiation not by absorbing antirad, but in the same hard-to-reach medical centers (or their counterparts, created in the wasteland), and make the minimum time when it can be removed - so that the GG has a real interest in hurrying up and finding this medical center. Good power armor MUST significantly reduce radioactivity (and not symbolically by 10-20%). A fracture of an arm or leg should not be felt for 10 seconds "before the first stimulation is taken", but at least for 20-30 playing days. Let the GG jump more accurately on the rocks and look under his feet when he walks over mines.

This is going to be hardcore. And what is called this word, when the GG is forced to regularly eat expired products - this is not hardcore, but a kindergarten.

P
Psythra 13.12.21

guys, can we wait for the game?, I'm waiting, but there are so many posts about a nonexistent game ... do not minus, there is simply nothing yet !!!

s
solus. 13.12.21

psythra
So this is also a kind of game - playing with an imaginary object. All these discussions of the unreleased product are nothing more than an attempt to cope with the frustration of the temporary unavailability of the long-awaited game;) Join in and have fun.

M
MrWorld 13.12.21

solus.
Judging by your text, you really want too much from the game, which is unlikely you will see in now and in the near future.

s
solus. 13.12.21

MrWorld
Judging by your answer, you are inattentive, devoid of a sense of humor and do not know the modern game world well. 99% of what I described was implemented, for example, in the games of the "stalker" series (including a set of mods on this topic). It does not represent anything complicated - neither in design nor in execution. The main thing is for the game manufacturer to decide not to follow the lead of the console players and casuals.

A
Artillery 13.12.21

MrWorld
> But what about hunger, thirst, survival, weapon breakage, etc? Is that not important?
In Fallout 1, 2, this conventional nonsense was not, only for some reason in terms of the dystopian entourage it is a cut above the track. parts and addon.

s
saa0891 13.12.21

Artilleryin front

In Fallout 1, 2, this conventional nonsense was not, only for some reason in terms of the dystopian surroundings it is a cut above the trail. parts and addon.

Well, for you, it might be nonsense, but for me it's interesting gameplay features that just affect the gameplay, make it more nimble, and in 3D, and even in the first person, the atmosphere is somehow better than isometric with very strong outdated graphics by today's standards.

s
saa0891 13.12.21

Diarrhea

Here, in the same Witcher 3, what is the meaning of the breakdown of weapons and armor? As for me, a completely superfluous element. If it wasn't for him, would the game get worse? - obviously not. And so you just have to get distracted once again and slow down the pace of the game by running to the blacksmith for the sake of fixing it or to buy a set of a gunsmith or an armorer.

It was just that the developers did not work out this element, it was necessary to make more dependence of the damage on the weapon and a significant decrease in the protection of armor from how many percent of wear, and so that at maximum complexity it would really be felt.
In any case, this element, on the contrary, makes the game more interesting than the ubiquitous rendering, how are you bored, you still have autoregene and endless cartridges, and so all games are simplified.

S
Suurnoo 13.12.21

A fracture of an arm or leg should not be felt for 10 seconds "before the first stimulation is taken", but at least for 20-30 playing days. Let the GG jump more accurately on the rocks and look under his feet when he walks on mines,
but it would be hardcore. I would like it.