3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MrWorld 13.12.21 01:33 am

Reflections on gameplay [thirst, food, breakdown] (Fallout 4)

We've all seen a bunch of gameplay analyzes (in Russian) 100 times, but no one went into details. The game showed food and water, but I did not see the hunger, thirst tab (There will be no survival in the game?). The weapon does not break, in the game did not have this tab, except that the power armor needs to be repaired. It also seems to me that the game will not have different types of ammunition like in New Vegas. Is it still possible to get degradation or not? Or is it still something that has not yet been shown and is being finalized. Write what else have you noticed. It will take a long time to release, but the gameplay will not show soon
36 Comments
Sort by:
_
_BIO_ 13.12.21

In theory, there should be a breakdown, and hunger / thirst will probably be as in the last part, if desired.

s
saa0891 13.12.21

Diarrhea

And what makes it more interesting? So what makes you repeat the same action again? If this is hardcore for you, I can only sympathize. For me, hardcore is related to completely different things.

The fact that the weapon inflicts less damage when worn, this is especially felt when it is worn by 70-80%, and with a mob that is 10 levels more than you, accordingly, you will have to tinker with it longer, especially at maximum difficulty.
With armor here is a little more difficult, if a mob of levels is 10 more than you, some kind of girphone or basilisk, then he will take you out with one hit, so no armor will help you here, but if the mob is within your level and your armor is worn out then you will receive more damage, again, this is felt as much as possible at high complexity, although everything that I wrote is understandable in my opinion, only these elements still require improvement.

s
saa0891 13.12.21

Diarrhea

Well, what's the point of this if I just go to the game menu and repair weapons and armor with a weapon set and right during the battle and calmly continue the battle further.

I wrote to you the meaning, if you do not understand it, then I'm sorry.

Once again, I am only distracted by an unnecessary action.

Well, you can go further, make autoregen, endless bombs and elixirs (although this has already been done in the third part, it is enough to meditate and everything is restored magically) so that the components and ingredients do not have to be collected and once again go into the inventory, do something there , collect, be distracted, etc.

For me, hardcore is when the game constantly forces you to look for tactical and strategic solutions both during the battle and globally (for example, the correct pumping of skills, the variety of opponents and their intelligence and behavior, complex and not obvious consequences of each decision, etc.)

So you then not the Witcher 3 is needed, but at least Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, well, or the same TES and Foul in terms of pumping and choosing classes is much more interesting and varied.

A
Artillery 13.12.21

It would be better if the developers paid attention to ai, because all sorts of Gecks cannot remake it, but all these elements:
hunger, thirst, being_supermutant - quite.

M
MrSmoke67 13.12.21

Well, something seems to me that broken weapons will simply have to be repaired on workbenches, or at NPCs with such an opportunity.

D
Dassent 13.12.21

tomorrow there will be a show of fallout 4 at quakecon, if they post this show on the network, we will find out everything, it's just pointless to knead all these topics

V
Vanya Rygalov 13.12.21

Shoot first, ask later.
That's the whole game.

a
ant240801 13.12.21

Personally, I don't mind things breaking. It just pisses me off at how fast they do it. Kalash should not break after 300 shots

N
Nighthawkreal 13.12.21

ant240801
Kalash which is a bunch of years old or which is assembled from trash with adhesive tape and a mat?

V
Vanya Rygalov 13.12.21

Thirst
Are you thirsty? Beer stall "Lyudmila" is always open and glad to see you. ,, Lyudmila ,, will quench your thirst.
Food
Pies with kittens from Ashot. Ashot and, Lyudmila, will give you something to drink and feed.
Breakdown
The brothers Karamazov will break anyone at your will. The prices are very democratic.
Not enough money to settle accounts with Ashot and Lyudmila? The brothers Karamazov will help you. Even on credit.

N
Nitro25 13.12.21

Well, removing the broken weapon would be completely wrong. The weapon can break somehow and quickly, but removing the breakage is not at all an option. It needs to be improved. How is it - in the post-apocalyptic world, where useful resources are worth their weight in gold, it is not known how much and where the lying weapon will work like a clock throughout the game. What then would be the point of survival.
At the expense of hardcore - it may be wrong what the developers in New Vegas did, but it's better than nothing. And most of today's gamers are even annoying and frightening.

T
TTG 13.12.21

In the absence of the above in the game, it will obviously be implemented in the form of mods.

N
Nitro25 13.12.21

But quite often it happens that the mods are incompatible with each other and because of this, a lot of various unforeseen errors occur. Put one mod or two - everything is fine, you put it on and problems may already begin. It's bad when such things that are banal for the genre will be added not by the developers, but by the fans-modders.

s
solus. 13.12.21

Nitro25

To begin with, no one forces you to install a mod that you doubt. Secondly, if a mod is popular (i.e. high-quality and deserves attention), its incompatibility with other popular mods will always be fixed and allowed to be used together. Thirdly, a categorical mistake is the statement "It is bad when such trivial things for the genre will be added not by the developers, but by fans-modders." - since the developers themselves have repeatedly admitted that they learn from many serious fans-modders and adopt their ideas. The openness of the fallout in terms of freely changing the game world is a very important advantage of the game. And those who are afraid (or do not know how, due to alternative giftedness) to install mods, can safely play vanilla. And don't suffer. I say this is not unfounded, because I replayed F3 and FNV many times, and each time I installed a new configuration of mods - and there were always dozens of them. I did not observe critical glitches from incompatibility. And the mods at the same time were quite serious and deep (not at the level of "add a rifle or retexture armor).

N
Nitro25 13.12.21

solus.
Nobody talks about the fear of installing mods. I also played with mods several times and have nothing against various modifications in similar games.

Thirdly, a categorical mistake is the statement "It is bad when such trivial things for the genre will be added not by the developers, but by fans-modders." - since the developers themselves have repeatedly admitted that they learn from many serious fans-modders and adopt their ideas.

I do not argue that many developers do this and that it is really good, but if we talk specifically about the breakdown / repair of weapons, then this opportunity has long appeared in the game and it simply cannot be absent, especially since this is an important detail of the game that complements her. After all, a fall is associated with a weapon and its use in post-apocalypse conditions, which means that its breakage / repair should play an important role in survival.
In the first two parts, there was no such possibility, and now it is available not only in Fallouts and not even only in RPG games.

And some other ideas, unique for the game and its genre, which will not come to everyone's mind in a few minutes, may well appear thanks to modders and eventually become the basis of the game.

M
MAX_x5.452 13.12.21

Obviously Fall 4 will be more like the third part, and there will be no thirst, there will be no hunger as it was in Vegas
And it's a pity (((