3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ihalainen 13.12.21 02:20 am

Killing Mechanics [methods, tactics, manuals] (BioShock Infinite)

A question for everyone. Who has any tactics against the mechanics. In itself, of course, the matter is not tricky, but I, for example, kill him with 2-3 lives on average. You don't have to write that I'm a noob, I myself know that I'm not very straight-handed. But still, somehow it is not very good to kill the 1st enemy like this, with grief in half. Can anyone have any combination of skills against him or an unusual way to kite?
P.S. I know about shooting in the heart.
35 Comments
Sort by:
R
RGC 13.12.21

Ihalainen
I have some kind of clothes, when jumping off a hook or aerial track, invulnerability is cut for 8 seconds, and so I jump. the complexity I have is 1999, if that.

L
Lavuer 13.12.21

Usually the mechanic appears alone, and not surrounded by smaller enemies. So you can focus on it right away. Use the environment, Elizabeth's abilities, always try to keep your distance from the mechanic. Yuzai is exceptionally large caliber: grenade launchers, cartridges, etc. You can throw plasmids, but they do very little damage to him, electric plasmids do not stop, so I see no point. Better with a weapon.

I
Ihalainen 13.12.21

Thank you all, we will try.

R
RGC 13.12.21

Lavuer
pffff, trying to keep your distance is weird advice. a mechanic can cover any distance in one jump. he appears only 3 times and there is always an air route or hooks, this is the only correct tactic, everything else is show-off

K
Kote Dobro 13.12.21

Scopolamine
I also thought so, until he started up the current on the highway.

R
RGC 13.12.21

KOTE Good,
before it starts up the current for a few seconds, a specific sound is heard, you jump down and while it hangs (one of the few moments when it doesn’t move) you are holding it in your heart. so, as I said, in my opinion, this is the only correct technique

g
grandbookeater 13.12.21

Crows distract him well, just move more.

t
thatside 13.12.21

They still appear with a crowd, so I first cleaned everyone, flying around on the tracks, and then beat the Mechanic
with electric traps and a grape-shot, at the middle level they never laid me down

P
Piro2 13.12.21

Kills easily! You put perks on stun for 4 seconds + invulnerability for 5 or how many I don’t remember, when jumping off the rails! It's useless to run away and shoot back! Well, I don’t know at high difficulty at lower ones - maybe it’s possible to do something different.

M
MaD66 13.12.21

You can try Shotgun + Pullup Force. For example, in the end I killed the mechanics. If there is no pull-up, take the vest on the armor, as suggested by Scopolamine.

m
mort666 13.12.21

My sniper is pumped to the maximum. I shock him, and then, while he is paralyzed, with a sniper in the chest.

a
asdbanz 13.12.21

There is usually a hook or aerial track next to it.
And for this business I have a thing that grants immortality for a few seconds after landing.
And I play for 1999.

a
astrozombie 13.12.21

Yesterday I earned the achievement "heartbreaker" (you need to kill the mechanic with shots only in the heart)
everything went quite easily, in my hands was a pumped-up revolver (hand cannon)
first ran away from it, destroying small enemies, when he killed everyone except the mechanic,
jumped on the rails , and spun in one place, pressing C
when the mechanic started up the current, jumped down next to him and shot in the heart, then back onto the rails, and so on until victorious.

z
zl_leshiy 13.12.21

rides definitely do not praise, it's not for you to blame big daddies with mines and first-aid kits, adrenaline, and then vanity, like a March hare jumping on the rails and shooting, ugh, complete disgrace!

R
RUSIkk926 13.12.21

I somehow managed to hang over him. and it was like that I was driving on the rails and he stopped me with his head and could not inflict damage to me :)

D
Darth severis 13.12.21

I chop it off with electric plasmas, ugh, an energy drink and from a shotgun in my heart, in my normal way

i
igorilla_07 13.12.21

on a high IMHO you will strive before he jumped on you, and then give your life, he simply will not let you run away.
and electro is the most rotten perk against him, he is a current and he starts up robust

V
Vadim99808 13.12.21

I shoot him, if possible shoot him in the heart, I shock him, I haven’t tried other plasmids, well, I also jump on hooks, I ride along the tracks, Liz helps, patras, splami, health.
at a high level, it happens 2 times I will cover myself, it happens 3.4 times

O
Olly-alpha 13.12.21

At medium difficulty, the Mechanic and his companions are perfectly tolerated by the "Devil's Kiss" in combination with something accurate and rapid-fire such as a pumped-up machine gun. Fire bombs greatly upset the Mechanic and lethally upset the crowd of aggressive small mobs near him.
There is no particular sense in running away from him, but it probably makes sense to rush around large shelters.

I
Infiltrator 13.12.21

It's good to shoot at him with a grenade launcher and some kind of ability to connect.