3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
kikaha.80 14.11.19 01:18 pm

Error \"on startup\" : H81:0 DirectX (Command & Conquer: Generals)

Error in far cry on startup - H81:0 DirectX . In the window - #1548B5AL, GB> C 20A CAB0=>2;5= DirectX 8.1 8;8 2KH5 etc.
It is clear that the Generals lack the direct 8th, but how to Vin7 to pull.... in General pamagite they can.
80 Comments
Sort by:
S
S1mplee2 09.05.21

Odinn89 THANKS
!!! Only this helped !!!

A
Android None 05.08.21

If uninstalling dbhelp did not help you, changing the resolution in the Options file did not help
Open the shortcut properties and add "-win" to the Object field (separated by a space without quotes)
Then manually configure the resolution in the Options file

S
Serbub2321 14.09.21

Odinn89 Nichrome
doesn't work for me

R
Rattergrad 28.10.21

Andrew None
Handsome. Only this helped

F
Formajo 03.11.21

Odinn89 Man
, I just want to shake your hand))

K
KelShaman 17.11.21

Odinn89
Man, it worked !!!

V
Vkaizer 03.04.22

It helped to remove dbghelp.dll in the folder with the game ATP for the tipsters who wrote how to do it

B
Budd_D 05.05.22

Odinn89
2022, your answer still helps dozens of people ;) Thanks!)

B
BMW111099 01.07.22

Odinn89
Thank you brother you are the best

V
Valentin Izosimov 08.07.22

thank you very much exzosoft

F
Flames2007 08.07.22

I have Project Raptor 9.1.20 installed. Deleting dbghelp.dll did not help. But deleting the d3d8.dll file from the folder helped: Project Raptor/Generals ZeroHour/
Good luck!

k
kidenish 20.08.22

Odinn89
Thank you, it helped. All the best to you good man.

S
Skyland777 20.08.22

Odinn89
Still the best thanks

V
Volodymyr89 04.09.22

I suffered with the same problem, then at first the direct problem, then when deleting option.ini I had a date problem, I don’t know who specifically helped, but still I tried all the options, it was decided. I’ll add a link to Google Drive on my own, where in the archive there is a folder -Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data, throw yourself in and maybe help the files to change or add which ones are missing. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kxjEMxA63WNR5gTmdTbOjuZNyXvdrfaY/view?usp=sharing

v
voven 09.10.22

exzosoft
well you give dude look at the date time capsule

R
Really works 16.11.22

Odinn89
THIS ADVICE WORKS!
Do as the guy said, delete dbghelp.dll and you will be happy!
Thank you very much, for TWO YEARS I could not play generals, but now I can!
I just signed up here to thank you! Hello from 2022!

T
TerminatorKot2009 16.11.22

In short, dudes here in the chat, everything is already written how to fix this error, so look for a suitable one for yourself, it helps someone, so it’s different for someone else. Have a nice game!

A
Alexey Shchegorsky 20.01.23

Odin89
Thank you!

K
Kapa_Kapa 20.01.23

Thank you, only this option helped💪

e
ebosh52 26.01.23

I decided to play, but none of the above personally helped me. I had to look for other ways and developed my own method of how to start all this without dancing with a tambourine.
My method (works on Windows 10 64 bits) Reinforced concrete and with a working game over the network, constant online players!
1) Install the game
2) Install GenTool 8.6 - download the ZIP archive (namely, the archive, not the .exe installer!), unpack and move the d3d8.dll file to the ZeroHour game folder where the generals.exe file is located
2) Install GenLauncher1000 - download GenLauncher .exe, and move it to the folder with the ZeroHour game where the generals.exe file is located
3) Run GenLauncher.exe, the GenTool update will start (black window, wait for it to complete until Press any key to continue...), in the launcher that opens, go to Options, click Set Reccomend Settings, click Apply, then check the Use original exe files checkbox and again Apply
4) Click Add mod from files, specify the file EnglishZH.big which is in the folder with the installed game, enter the name ZeroHour enter version 1.8, click OK
5) In the launcher, select the mod we added, click Launch Game
Everything works, the game starts, congratulations !) Bonus working multiplayer via C&C:Online
ps: if the game asks to insert a disc, then just install the game on top again and do not change anything else.
pss: The Insert key opens the settings in the game. In the launcher, click Add mod! you can download more mods for the game.