3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
spawnmvd 20.12.21 12:05 am

Abundance of Snakes, Bosses and other Ocelots in MGS (Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain)

I will say right away that I am not a console player, so MGS5 is the first game in the series that I have played, but being an avid gamer with many years of experience, I have heard a lot about the series, about the characters, about the universe, etc. Now, after getting to know one of the games, I decided to delve a little into the global plot of the games, read various information about MGS, study Wikipedia, etc. and the further I delve into it, the more it seems to me that I am reading some sort of Santa Barbara. So we can count some Snakes: Naked Snake, Liquid Snake, Solid Snake, Solidus Snake, Venom Snake (the hero of MGS5 seems to be), Old Snake, Ocelots, I also counted a minimum of Revolver Ocelot and Liquid Ocelot, incomprehensible nonsense and bosom stuff Bosses, who killed who there, who took away the title from whom, who they generally talk about, when the name of the Boss is pronounced, etc. No, I understand that it seems that genetic engineering, cloning, etc. are involved, but it looks so stupid for an outside observer to read the end-to-end plot of Metal Gear (for example, here https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_(%D1%81%D0% B5% D1% 80% D0% B8% D1% 8F_% D0% B8% D0% B3% D1% 80)) when some heroes replace others, there is a constant leapfrog with protagonists and antagonists, the relationship of all namesakes and namesakes is still a jungle ( in general, they themselves know who is whose clone, did not notice that this was somehow played out in the game). As for the games themselves: one part is a sequel, another is a prequel, another is a sequel to a prequel, the next is generally a spinoff, even George Lucas never dreamed of this. Well, the central theme is actually tanks / roofing felts Metal Gear robots hurling nuclear missiles.

Can you tell me if I don't understand something or is it such an author's style from which fans go crazy?
28 Comments
Sort by:
j
jonn2032 20.12.21

spawnmvd
Like Bae Naked Snake and Old Snake are Big Boss. Solid, Solidus, Liquid are clones of Big Boss, Venom Snake is a medic from MGSV, Ocelot in V is still normal, so to speak, then he makes himself a new hand and hypnotizes himself impersonating Liquid, such things.

C
CRASHBULLET 20.12.21

Metal Gear are capable of erasing the world, and we bring them down with a machine gun, epic Japanese)

A
Anomel Suna 20.12.21

Snakes - 4:
Big Boss (aka Naked Snake, venom Snake (?)),
Solid Snake - the hero of metal gear 1-2, metal gear solid 1,2,4 (in the fourth part his name is Old Snake)
Liquid Snake is the antagonist the first MGS
Solidus Snake - the antagonist of the second MGS
The last 3 - Big Boss clones

Ocelot is the only one for the whole series. ;) The only character present in all Metal Gear Solid games (not to be confused with Metal Gear). Before part 4, Liquid's hand was transplanted to him

s
spawnmvd 20.12.21

So what's the point of this leapfrog with Snakes and the rest? Do clones even know they are clones? And what does Big Boss himself have to do with this and what for did he clone them if they are fighting against him? Or is he, too, in the abundance of Snakes confused?

P
Paranoid_Shong 20.12.21

The best way to understand the whole plot is to go through all the parts (on your own or on a pipe at least). Reading the wiki you will understand absolutely nothing

Den Good
6, to be precise
SpoilerVenom in MGSV - not BB + Raiden wore the title "Snake" for a while

s
spawnmvd 20.12.21

jonn2032
At least that Old Snake is Big Boss, you're wrong. Old is the same Solid who, due to some obscure reasons (to emphasize old age, this is not a reason) decided to rename :)

Y
Yamyy_Yamyy 20.12.21

As for the ocelots, there is the Ocelot Revolver, and there is simply Liquid! (not to be confused with Liquid Snake, aka Eli from MGS V)
When Liquid died, Revolver had Liquid's hand, and thus Liquid Ocelot appeared. The Consciousness of Liquid lives and periodically wakes up in the consciousness of the Revolver.
In other words, in 2014, on the Outer Haven platform, Solid finally killed Revolver and Liquid's essence at the same time.

C
CRASHBULLET 20.12.21

_
_Ray_ 20.12.21

jonn2032
Not quite right)
Nakeyd Snake and Big Boss are one person. His name is John and yes - he is the original Snake.
Solid Snake and Old Snake are the second person. His name is David. He is a clone of Big Boss, but he also has one special feature! Unlike other clones, David was not born in a test tube, but in the womb of his mother - Eve! So, in fact, he's not really a clone anymore.
Solidus and Liquid Snake are clones.
I'm not talking about Venom Snake at all!
Ocelot and Liquid Ocelot are essentially different personalities.
The boss is John's mentor, who dies at the end of the third part at his hands. Subsequently, Snake was Nominated for the award and given the title of Big Boss.

j
jonn2032 20.12.21

spawnmvd
Yes, then I confused the moment, Old snake and solid snake are one person>: D

j
jonn2032 20.12.21

_Ray_
Em Old Snake in MGS 4 is like a bum and there is a solid snake: o Only aged.

s
spawnmvd 20.12.21

_Ray_
And also Eve's name is Big Mama

_
_Ray_ 20.12.21

jonn2032 I
apologize if I misunderstood, but I just pointed out that this is one person.
I used an enumeration in the sentence - so I made a mistake))) I had to write "another person")

_
_Ray_ 20.12.21

spawnmvd
Yes it is, but that's a completely different story))))

S
Sssses52 20.12.21

and who is the venom snake? another clone?

j
jonn2032 20.12.21

_Ray_
Happens: W

j
jonn2032 20.12.21

BzDanilka
No, it's a medic with a BB face

S
Sssses52 20.12.21

jonn2032
and then where is the real one?

C
ChristianDior 20.12.21

BzDanilka
Hides, quietly builds outside Haven, looks for zero, while Venom develops daimon dogs.

j
jonn2032 20.12.21

BzDanilka
Left on a bike: o