3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Basil 25.12.21 09:14 pm

Improving performance (Crysis)

There are any assumptions, we set out here.
50 Comments
Sort by:
S
Skamer 25.12.21

So. There is no question about overheating. My temperature does not change when Crysis is turned on or off. But she scared me a little - 50 C.
In my opinion, this is normal, but damn it, for me personally, it's a lot. For me, at a load of 30, it gives out everything.
As for overclocking ... I didn’t overclock, but catalyst 8.9 raises performance quite well. It seems to me that the point is in him.
I'll try to reduce the texture.

n
nixt_new 25.12.21

Skamer skoka gigs of memory ????????????????
If the Temperature is 50g then it is very good for the Card !!!!!!!!!

S
Skamer 25.12.21

Well then, floor overheating is unlikely. And chezh tady is ... By the way, there are no artifacts ...

You mean this gigov ?

S
Skamer 25.12.21

So. I put a new crack. Fixed a glitch from which the game was launched in the window. But neither this nor the lowering of textures fixed the problem with crashes. Brake current added.

[
[doctor] 25.12.21

then the crack is left.
50 degrees is very good, vidyuha can warm up to 80-90 at full load ... I personally now have a core rate of 39 degrees, in kryisis it does not rise above 50, while my vidyuha is overclocked and it’s good at what it’s just for giraffes cooling is good now)

S
Skamer 25.12.21

Why left? Should there have been no glitches or performance issues?

[
[doctor] 25.12.21

may still be because of the vidyushka.
by the way, why did you write that your radik has a gdr4 memory ?? in the same place only the 3rd seems to be .... on the 4th I do not know a single vidyushka at all (maybe I just missed these events)

but the vidyushka is still a bit old. you need something newer

S
Skamer 25.12.21

hnya is a bit old .... But there it is ddr4 and it is 1 gig. It's just that in the BOX configuration (such a beautiful box) 512 mb ddr3, and in the OEM (usually a corrugated box, but the complete set) costs 1 gb ddr4.
Yes, and it seems like they are releasing ddr5 on the 4xxx versions.

S
Skamer 25.12.21

Personally, for some reason I am sure that this is driver 8.9

S
Skamer 25.12.21

I looked through the forums. A lot of people have problems with 8.9 on krayzis.

HS Shozh I am those millionaire chtoli, vidyuhi how to change gloves, all the more so.

[
[doctor] 25.12.21

2 Skamer: I know by gddr5. did not know about the 4th.

p
perevodchik 25.12.21

The firewood came out new yesterday. 178.13. I have set. It became noticeable better. Swaps are gone. Download from the office. site.

N
Nickname 25.12.21

Yes, PhysX came out on nVidia with support for Cuda))))

S
Skamer 25.12.21

So. I reinstalled Windows (Vista), reinstalled (hence) the game, installed the latest firewood (catalyst 8.9). I installed the game (rus), launched it with the DX9 parameter. Everything went well and without sorties.

[
[aSmoDey] 25.12.21

at me on dx9 it slows down when trees "mow" !!! PPC! just finally can measure ... PC like Pen.D-820 (2.8; 2mb; 800mhz) 512Mb GeForce 9600TG + 2Giga ddr2 at 800mhz !!! The main thing is the bark, what I put on the mines, what on faith is high ...

u
uzn1k 25.12.21

I installed the game, about a week ago I launched it on medium resolution at 800x600 (Comp is ancient, like a gamma mammoth: Pentium 4 2.3 GHz (one core), 1.8 GB RAM DDR 400 MHz, Radeon x1650 Pro AGPx8 with 512 MB DDR2 , firewood 8.8) watched a slideshow (well, in principle, the FPS was at least 15). And I realized that they didn’t optimize ANY HERA. After going through the game, I concluded that apparently Crytek is called optimization as a decrease in the map detail: IMHO's vegetation has become much less, the quality of the landscape, namely its size, has decreased. Actually because of this, the game goes faster. Of course, maybe they did something there and dig deeper, but in general, no noticeable optimization is visible.
I liked the innovations in the game: new equipment, a submachine gun (finally a cool thing, at the beginning I only mowed everyone down). There are more firefights, a whole bunch of enemies, they have become a little smarter. It is felt that a plot has appeared in the game, of course it is difficult to name the plot, but no matter how it became to play a little more fun. There are more in-game videos, but in terms of the quality of staging, they are inferior to the usual Crysis.
It is worth, in principle, to unsubscribe how I optimized the game (I played with FPS somewhere between 25-50 on settings between medium and high). If someone doesn’t fumble better, don’t poke your nose and make it worse. Better first read what I wrote in full, and then decide on this experiment and no.

First, right-click on the game shortcut and select "Properties", then go to the "Shortcut" tab and into the "Object" textbox, move the cursor to the very end, put a space and write -devmode. This is necessary in order to unlock the console in the game, now you can write commands in it (the console is turned on with the '~' key).
Then go to the directory with the game, go to the Game / Config package, there is a sketch_on.cfg file, copy it to the same directory and change it to autoexec.cfg. From a file with this name, the game will load settings every time it starts. It stores the most minimal game setting (even lower than the one that is set in the game). We open this file using a regular notepad and write at the very beginning:

// Picture height
r_Height = 600
// Don't show fps and other crap (1 - show, 0 - don't show)
r_DisplayInfo = 0
// Set the settings to minimum (There are four types of settings: 1-low, 2-medium, 3-high , 4-maximum)
Sys_Spec_Full = 1 Set the

screen resolution what you like, and not necessarily what I indicated (It is desirable that the resolution in the game was less than the resolution of the desktop). We start the game. Now clips can be skipped by pressing Esc. Go to the settings and set the windowed mode so that it will be convenient to enter commands into the game console further.
Start a new one or load a saved game. After loading, you will see that the quality of the picture and the detail have become just disgusting, but for example, I had an FPS of 50-70. At the same time, the water may not be displayed or it may be very buggy, it was not displayed for me. The chart will be approximately the FarCry level.

From this point on, fine-tuning the game for your system begins. It is advisable to find a place at the level where the FPS will be the lowest and, preferably, the ocean is visible.

Remember the sequence of the entered commands in order to make a backup in time if something goes wrong. For example, I just added them to the end of the autoexec.cfg file and played with their parameters. Since this file is loaded every time you start the game, you will not need to re-enter the settings every time.
And about the console. Commands can be entered both with pens and with the help of Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V (That is why I said to run in windowed mode, so that it would be convenient to copy and paste). Yes, and if windowed mode is enabled and you enter the game console, then the cursor appears and you can run away from the game window and thereby, for example, quickly copy the desired command from the file and paste it into the console. The entered commands can be scrolled up and down arrows.

And so you already know a couple of commands. Now let's look at the r_UseZPass command. It eats up about 10-25% FPS, but it affects a bunch of effects and if you set
r_UseZPass = 0, then the picture will lose quality, and it will not be possible to see shadows, fog, SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, cool effect for shading objects), water may not be displayed correctly or it will not be visible at all, but the game speed will be high so it's up to you to choose. I set r_UseZPass = 1.

Do not forget to enter r_refraction = 1, otherwise transparent objects will not be visible!

I don’t have time to explain everything what and how, so I’ll just make comments to some teams. Console commands can be found in files located in the / Game / Config / CVarGroups directory. If you know English well it will be much easier.

// Set all game settings
sys_spec_full = 1 ... 4
// Shader quality settings
sys_spec_Quality = 1 ... 4
// Texture settings
sys_spec_Texture = 1 ... 4
// Game effects
settings sys_spec_GameEffects = 1 ... 4
// Object detail settings (visibility range, etc.)
sys_spec_ObjectDetail = 1 ... 4
// Physics settings
sys_spec_Physics = 1 .. . 4
// Settings for post-processing effects
sys_spec_PostProcessing = 1 ... 4
// Settings for game shading (shaders, their quality, a bunch of other effects)
sys_spec_Shading = 1 ... 4
// Shadow settings
sys_spec_Shadows = 1 ... 4
// Settings volumetric lighting and effects
sys_spec_VolumetricEffects = 1 ... 4
// Water settings
sys_spec_Water = 1 ... 4

// The quality of objects, affects their number, there are different additional. objects
e_obj_quality = 1 ... 4
// Vegetation visibility range
e_view_dist_ratio_vegetation = 1 ... as long as you want. Determine empirically, at first it is better to put 10, then increase as needed.
// On / off small bushes, leaves, etc.
e_vegetation_min_size = 0 or 1
// Animation of vegetation
e_vegetation_bending = 0 ... 2
// Visibility range of objects
e_view_dist_ratio = 1 ... as long as you want
// Scale of visibility of vegetation sprites
e_vegetation_sprites_distance_ratio = 0.1 ... as long as you want (preferably 1.5)
// Visibility of detailed terrain textures along the x and y axes
e_detail_materials_view_dist_xy = 2048
// Visibility of detailed terrain textures along the z axis
e_detail_materials_view_dist_z = 128
// On / off dissolve distant objects
e_dissolve = 0 ... 1
// On / off shadows
e_shadows = 0 ... 1
// Shadow blur mode
r_ShadowBlur 0 ... 5
// Shadow buffer size
e_shadows_max_texture_size = 1 ... 4096
// Shadow softening mode
r_ShadowJittering = 0 ... 3
// Shadow visibility range
e_shadows_cast_view_dist_ratio = 0.0 ... 1.0
// On / off refraction from water
r_WaterRefractions = 0 ... 1
// On / off reflection on the water
r_WaterReflections = 0 ... 1
// Time in ms after which the water will be updated
r_WaterUpdateFactor = 0.0 .... as much as you want
// Number of waves
e_water_tesselation_amount = 0 ... 10
// Distance of water updating
r_WaterUpdateDistance = 0.0 ... 0.5
// On / off caustic from water
r_WaterCaustics = 0 ... 1
// Quality of reflections on water
r_WaterReflectionsQuality = 1 ... 4
// Water shader
q_ShaderWater = 0 ... 2
// Sky quality (0 - regular texture, 1 - render in real time)
e_sky_type = 0 ... 1
// On / off clouds
e_clouds = 0 ... 1
// On / off fog
e_fog = 0 ... 1
// Blur quality from the object's distance
r_DepthOfField = 0 ... 2
// Quality of motion blur
r_MotionBlur = 0 ... 3
// On / off rays from the sun
r_sunshafts = 0 ... 1
// On / off color correction
r_colorgrading = 0 ... 1
/ / HDR quality (High Dynamic Range) rendering
r_HDRRendering = 0 ... 2
// On / off SSAO
r_SSAO = 0 ... 1
// SSAO quality
r_SSAO_quality = 0 ... 2
// On / off transparent objects
r_refraction = 0 ... 1
// Vegetation uses terrain color
e_vegetation_use_terrain_color = 0 ... 1
// On / off Ambient Occlusion of terrain
e_terrain_ao = 0 ... 1
// On / off the normal texture for the landscape (Bump Mapping and Parallax Occlusion Mapping)
e_terrain_normal_map = 0 ... 1
//
Number of light sources e_max_entity_lights = 0 ... 16
// Use Parallax Occlusion Mapping (pseudo volume of detailed terrain textures ), look at the stones, cool effect
r_UsePom = 0 ... 1

Of course, there is not everything here, but an understanding person will squeeze the maximum out of his system with the help of them. It's a pity that I deleted the game and autoexec.cfg along with it, otherwise I would have leaked it to you.

Good luck with your optimization!

S
Skamer 25.12.21

Me dazh is too lazy to read it ...

u
uzn1k 25.12.21

Skamer
With a system like yours it is simply not necessary. This infa is designed for people with weak computers. Yes, it is very difficult, so if you are not sure, you better do not experiment.

[
[doctor] 25.12.21

with knowledge of English - it's very easy, because all configs are written purely in English) I personally supplemented, optimized, etc. Natural mod, before it, I myself stupidly altered the graphics settings and complexity configs.

2 Skamer: it just describes what config does what, if you don't need it, don't read it. and people with weak computers and mb will be interested

D
De - nis 25.12.21

will it go to the maximum?
board p5Q
cor2Qavd Q 6600
2G bkit RAM 1066
9800 GT D3 Sonic 512 Polit
500Gb Sigate 32 MB CACHE
Windows XP sp 3