3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
choa 28.12.21 10:46 pm

A guide for weak PCs (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I managed to start and play the Witcher 3 more or less stably on the following PC:
- core i5
- 4 gb ram
- gtx 550 ti

configuration is very weak for the present time and although GTA 5 flies on this conference, the Witcher did not work. After collecting various information on other sites, this is what I came to:

- the settings inside the game are at a minimum. Please note that you should turn off vignetting, including
- turn on the hardware cursor - makes the mouse much smoother
- turn off frame limiting, turn off in-game synchronization

- in the video card settings, set the maximum number of pre-prepared frames to 1
- turn on vertical sync in the same place. Without it, the game will pull up more frames, but imo the game is jerky, falling noticeably from high FPS to low. It's better to always be average than such
jump-jump ) - set the physx processing on the CPU
- after starting the game, set the witcher3.exe priority to high (via the Task Manager)

- install the configuration program from nexus:
www.nexusmods.com/witcher3 / mods / 12
in the program:
- cut off the effect of the frame depth in cut scenes
- set most of the sliders to half the value. For example, if the Grass Density is 800, set 400
- texture size 512
- atlas 1024
- cubic shadow maps 128
- we do not touch the sliders with streaming textures
- the number of dynamic decals is 4 (they are essentially not needed - blood stains on the ground sometimes only interfere with collecting loot)
- ocean tessellation 2
- set the sliders in the SpeedTree section to a minimum

- you can optionally disable music

Testing conducted under a Steam license.
FPS in open spaces was 30-47, which is not bad for the gtx 550 ti, a very old video card that does not even fit the minimum requirements for the game.

The graphon, which turned out after all the gimmicks with the settings:
Spoiler
21 Comments
Sort by:
E
Eagle387 28.12.21

Csgashnik
Everything is on the ultimate and ready -_-