3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MakeHtosh 03.01.22 10:32 pm

SSD HDD in one system

The bottom line is that I have 3 hdd and 2 ssd in my system, so when you start a game loaded on ssd, at least a couple of hdd starts to start (I heard it). What is the reason? after all, logically, the game has nothing to do with all hdd as the Windows is on another ssd.
14 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kartonkratos 03.01.22

MakeHtosh
On the correct just on the hdd paging file is selected.

b
bloomm 03.01.22

They get nervous.

M
MakeHtosh 03.01.22

bloomm
)))))))))) maybe

M
MakeHtosh 03.01.22

Kartonkratos
and it is possible in more detail? 1 hdd disk for torrents, 2 for steam, 3 for firewood uplay and work.

K
Kartonkratos 03.01.22

MakeHtosh
Well, that's the answer why they start working if you have launchers to run games while standing on these disks, because when you start the game they access data in steam uplay and the like!

M
MakeHtosh 03.01.22

Kartonkratos
I understand this, but in this case I run the forza on ssd which I took from the small-soft sides, in theory, the rest of the hard ones do not touch in any way

s
socixab 03.01.22

Most likely, they begin to use the machine automatically. Look for a solution in the BIOS. Oh, yes, do your hard drives start working after you start each game?

M
MakeHtosh 03.01.22

socixab
generally noticed it happens that I just use the browser and nothing is running, but some of the hard ones start their work as if I turned to him

B
BDmitriy 03.01.22

MakeHtosh
I can do nothing at all, and sometimes the HDD takes it and starts up. This is the norm)

M
MakeHtosh 03.01.22

as I understand it is better not to bother about this)))). Thank you all for your help and advice topic is closed

S
SonyK_2 03.01.22

MakeHtosh
MakeHtosh wrote:
... when you start a game loaded on ssd, at least a couple of hdd starts to start ...
It happens (I noticed it more often at Steam), but other launchers sometimes "indulge". Moreover, the HDD is not running on which I will have the swap file and Windows temporary hut, and the other is the data storage.
Spoiler
BDmitriy
BDmitriy wrote:
... I can do nothing at all, and sometimes the HDD takes it, but it starts up ...
Something in the OS refers to it during inactivity - programs / services running in the "background" mode.

M
Marsj 03.01.22

SonyK_2
Windows Search (indexing) runs in the background.

S
SonyK_2 03.01.22

Marsj
Marsj wrote:
Windows Search (indexing) runs in the background.
If you do not turn it off, it is possible.
PS I already forgot when I came across this, after installation I can see I turn off indexing.

l
lapwing mouse 03.04.22

Gesture speed tests.