3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
z
zanyqa 06.01.22 10:31 pm

Does it make sense to release on PS3 / Xbox 360 (Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain)

In several previews, the opinion is expressed that they say Kajima went crazy if he decided to release the game on the consoles of the outgoing generation. That it is worth waiting for the release of PS4 b Xbox 640 and declaring the game on the starting line ...
Interesting opinion of fans of the series on this matter!

Well, of course, I can't help but speak out myself! I do not impose my subjective opinion on anyone, but I think that the output on fading consoles is the most optimal!
1) In MGS 5, Kajima & Co. is using the new Fox Engine ... In fact, it's not "gamer tested" and MGS 5 is a great way to fix that! After all, there is no one who prevents them from transferring it to the next line of consoles completely "twisted" and debugged to the ideal!
2) A tradition has already formed that in the last year of the life of consoles the most luxurious games come out ... well, why break it ?! Owners of PS3 and Xbox 360 do not have long to rejoice at the release of "fresh" hits! So taking our last happiness would be despicable =)
3) As you know, 2 (at least numbered) parts of the game came out on PS2 ... These are Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty in 2001 and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater in 2004 is just under the life of the PS2! But this did not stop her from becoming one of the most excellent parts of the series !!! Moreover, she shone with gorgeous (for that time) graphics, which to this day does not hurt the eyes! So it's almost natural 2 parts of the series on one console!

Well, in conclusion, I want to say that, like many, I look forward to the game with impatience on whatever console it comes out! I hope I didn’t tire you with my writing! Thank you for reading this to the end! =)
29 Comments
Sort by:
D
Donskal 06.01.22

Maxim ..
Yes, that's understandable, and then he will make a game about another clone, who knows.)

S
Snack 06.01.22

Donskal
And one more thing, and another one ... And one more ..........

e
euphoria_punk 06.01.22

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater in 2004 is right on the edge of PS2's life!
Since when does the PS2 have horses ??

K
Karasuba 06.01.22

So I decided to take PS4 and in addition I will take this masterpiece (all metal weights are masterpieces, even 1 part for its time) to warm up.

T
Travis Touchdown [1st of 06.01.22

On PS3, you can play almost all MGSs
In the first (ps1 emulator)
2, 3 and Peace Walker - HD collection
5 will also be released on curren-gen
+ excellent slasher metal gear rising from platinum games
Do not play portable ops and acid - they are on psp.

On ps4 and juan there will be only 5 and subsequent parts. There is, of course, the likelihood of another re-release, but it will take about 5 years to wait.
Fuck is it necessary?

S
Sqvoll 06.01.22

Travis Touchdown [1st of UAA]
Agree. I think an MGS fan can go without PS3, and it would be wrong not to release a fifth on it, a lot of money can be lost.

S
Skater007 06.01.22

Donskal
Go on IGN

a
alexandr082784 06.01.22

But to release the game on the outgoing consoles would be at least stupid, since there are still a lot of people playing on old consoles and have not switched to the next gene. Losing such an audience is like death. In addition, all the bigwigs of the modern gaming industry do this with their games. For example, Call of duty, Battlefield, GTA, ... yes, most of all AAA projects are published for both generations (this is primarily a profit) Unfortunately, until the game comes out on the old generation of a real next Gene, one cannot expect it from it. Games coming out both there and there on Next Gene are simply well retouched and nothing more. Old consoles simply cannot withstand the new engine, and I don’t want to lose money, so the developers are trying to squeeze out as much of the players as possible. So the games will be released for both generations for a long time, and therefore, unfortunately, the same amount will have to wait for real Next Gene games. Except, of course, exclusives. They are just made on new engines, since their task is not to sell in huge numbers, but to promote the sale of the console. For example, The order for PS4 is simply incredibly beautiful and cinematic !!!!!

L
LightColorWave 06.01.22

On Box 360, the game looks not so bad. This is normal for the older generation. Konami just wants to shovel money from all consoles.