3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
z
zanyqa 06.01.22 10:31 pm

Does it make sense to release on PS3 / Xbox 360 (Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain)

In several previews, the opinion is expressed that they say Kajima went crazy if he decided to release the game on the consoles of the outgoing generation. That it is worth waiting for the release of PS4 b Xbox 640 and declaring the game on the starting line ...
Interesting opinion of fans of the series on this matter!

Well, of course, I can't help but speak out myself! I do not impose my subjective opinion on anyone, but I think that the output on fading consoles is the most optimal!
1) In MGS 5, Kajima & Co. is using the new Fox Engine ... In fact, it's not "gamer tested" and MGS 5 is a great way to fix that! After all, there is no one who prevents them from transferring it to the next line of consoles completely "twisted" and debugged to the ideal!
2) A tradition has already formed that in the last year of the life of consoles the most luxurious games come out ... well, why break it ?! Owners of PS3 and Xbox 360 do not have long to rejoice at the release of "fresh" hits! So taking our last happiness would be despicable =)
3) As you know, 2 (at least numbered) parts of the game came out on PS2 ... These are Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty in 2001 and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater in 2004 is just under the life of the PS2! But this did not stop her from becoming one of the most excellent parts of the series !!! Moreover, she shone with gorgeous (for that time) graphics, which to this day does not hurt the eyes! So it's almost natural 2 parts of the series on one console!

Well, in conclusion, I want to say that, like many, I look forward to the game with impatience on whatever console it comes out! I hope I didn’t tire you with my writing! Thank you for reading this to the end! =)
29 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anderby 06.01.22

> Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater in 2004 just under the horses of life PS2

O_o. End of life PS2 is 2008.

z
zanyqa 06.01.22

Anderby
The PS3 was released in Japan on November 11, 2006, on November 17, the console appeared in North America (including Mexico in the first quarter of 2007), and in March 2007 - in Europe.
Perhaps I did not quite correctly formulate my idea ... However, in 2004 she was already 4 years old, so the age for the console is quite significant!
Basically, the "end of life" of PS2 is January 4th, 2013, when Sony confirmed that the production of the console is discontinued worldwide!
But thanks anyway for the amendment!

A
Anderby 06.01.22

> already 4 years old, so the age for the console is quite significant!

No, 4 years is a trifle. The NES existed for 8 years, AAA games on PS were released until 2002 (7 years). After 2008, AAA games stopped coming out on PS2 at all and it "died". Consoles live 6-8 years excluding flops, Xbox and Gamecube.

S
StormX07 06.01.22

Does it make sense to release on PS3
Of course I have a PS3 and I'm in no hurry to switch.
If I take a new one, then PS4 Slim.
Just in time for full sunset PS3.

H
HyperXStream 06.01.22

The game will be released on both the old generation and the new one, so the theme of the person does not make sense. On the old generation - a crappy grafon and frame rate at the limit, on the new one - the coolest grafon and a high number of frames. When I watched the trailer, my eyes almost shot in some places.

S
SpacePRedator014 06.01.22

Heh, of course there is, because games for consoles will be released even before 2017, so games will be released on both generations of consoles for a long time, but if it comes out on a PC, then I personally think it's bad for spending time and money for the port as such there is no point in playing games on a PC, the bakery is still not familiar with this universe, so let them release it on consoles, but not on a PC.

R
Rikudo Nagashi 06.01.22

STALK.ER the
bakery is still not familiar with this universe
. And nothing that the first and second parts came out on the PC? And then there are PS2, Gamecube and PSP emulators, on which you can play a few more games in the series (and the first, second and third parts too). You can browse the fourth part on YouTube, so let the fifth part be released on the PC.

A
Anderby 06.01.22

Ho ho, these crutches don't officially exist.

z
zanyqa 06.01.22

I also agree, the MGS series has always been exclusive to PS, in the first part I played, of course, on PC, but much later than on PS one ... For PC, in principle
, there are quite a lot of good games coming out, so you can do without MGS =) But it would not hurt to translate it into our native language, although it’s probably not a dream come true ... Kajima didn’t skimp on the voice acting, so it makes no sense to pay for Russian voice actors for him = (

s
slesher13 06.01.22

Anyone who is not going to buy for one NexGen game definitely makes sense. I'm going to buy a PS4 myself about half a year after the release.

s
slesher13 06.01.22

zanyqa
Russian captions would be just the way. The original voice acting, judging by the E3 trailer, will be simply incomparable!

S
Sasindos 06.01.22

Does it make sense? Hmm ... Well, let's just say. The new generation consoles have not yet taken root among the masses, and there is no point in developers to rely on them. So, everything is clear here. As for the PC version, everything is clear. The above-mentioned developers will not make a masterpiece game in order to sell it for a pittance (you know, piracy), although I do not exclude such a possibility. And Kajima is such a Kajima .. . (IMHO)

A
Anderby 06.01.22

> Kajima did not skimp on the voice acting, so there is

no point in paying for Russian voice actors = ( There are no voice acting except for Japanese and English for Metal Gears. But the credits are classic Multi5. It

's not entirely clear with the Xbox 360. MGS4 was not released on it because of the DVD media, but what about MGS5? The videos will become shit, the quality of everything will deteriorate, or the game will spread to 12 discs?

S
Snack 06.01.22

Anderby
You can shove the game on one disk, and the installation files on others. Lol. So even it would be funny. He-He ... Dancing with disks.

D
Donskal 06.01.22

According to recent information provided by Kojima-san himself, the E3 trailer represented the level of graphics of the current generation. We all know that at the exhibition it was also announced that the game was released on a new generation of systems, while the maestro conveyed that the level of graphics on these systems will be much higher than what we saw in the trailer. In other words, we can presume a repetition of the situation with the ps2 platform and its two numbered MGS parts, one of which came out almost at the end of the console's life cycle and showed an excellent level of visualization.

In general, I would like to write about something else, but the MGS series has not visited our personal computer for quite a while, although the reason for my question, of course, lies in many other aspects. Um, so what am I talking about?)
Perhaps very few people will see this message, at least at this time and under the given circumstances, but why the hell don't they like this series so much on PG ?!
Where are the normal topics, discussions, walkthroughs, guides, etc. ???
No moderators take on the forums for the series, as I understand it due to the clinical death of the popularity of this masterpiece here.
Eh, it's very sad, many are not even familiar with this series.

S
Snack 06.01.22

donskal
A series of Metal Gear, created by the Japanese. And on the peg, they don't even like Japanese.

D
Donskal 06.01.22

Maxim ..
It's sad.

A
Anderby 06.01.22

Why should Naked retire? From Peace Walker events to Metal Gear events.

D
Donskal 06.01.22

Anderby
Yes, that's not the point, just Kojima promised to stop at 4 parts.

S
Snack 06.01.22

Donskal
He said that Solid Snake's story would end in Part 4. Naked Snake is not Solid Snake. Hints, huh?