3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Merkats 06.01.22 10:42 pm

How to become a game designer?

I'm going to do this, the choice fell on the game designer, because I love this business, playing games and analyzing them. I wish I could be like Todd Howard or Ken Levin when your idea is brought to life by our own development team. What do you need to know for this? And what universities are there for the game industries?
53 Comments
Sort by:
i
insel 06.01.22

Spoilerhttp: //www.susu.ac.ru/ru/010300-tehnologii-razrabotki-kompyuternyh-igr
http://www.igromania.ru/print/index.php?ID=46476

but first of all to become a game a designer needs to have at least a basic level of programming. only after that you can enter the University (namely the higher, because if you find where there is a secondary vocational, it is a mess and there they will not teach anything normal).
keep in mind that a game designer is, first of all, a programmer. on one idea you will not become a game designer. this is not an ordinary clothing designer who came up with a pocket on the back of a shirt - that means he is a qualified designer ... no, here you will need knowledge of programming languages, mastery of Photoshop, various 3D editors (like a splinter or 3D max) and, most importantly, mastery of mathematics. If your school / college / university has an average math score of 3 or less, forget about your normal job. because after training, if you are not fluent with mathematics, it will be very hard for you, which means that the work will not be high and there will be no productivity. Better think 30 times - do you need it? will you pull? then look for it.

G
GTAman 06.01.22

xXaLexX
how to become a gay designer: D
Get a job at Apple. otlichnaya_shutka.png

lookaway the
main thing is that there are no "looking", "tried", gross typos in the title and commas after each word, or vice versa, their complete absence.
Did you set such a bar based on your own level?

L
LEFT FOR DTF 06.01.22

V-Nine
at my university had 2 Russian languages ​​each course and it just bothered me.
if even on the Internet one cannot relax and write without thinking about whether there is a substantive connection here or a correlation, then where can it be?

Did you set such a bar based on your own level?
from my own experience.
being a philologist 24/7 is exhausting. this is not a job.

G
GTAman 06.01.22

lookaway
if even on the Internet it is impossible to relax and write without thinking about whether there is a substantive connection here or a correlation, then where can you?
For a competent letter, you do not need to strain. You don’t think about the laws of physics when you ride a bike? So it is with the letter.

V
Vaipen 06.01.22

Once upon a time there was news that Gobain was opening his computer school. So if the author is looking for Hogwords, in which he will be taught how to make igori, then he should go there.

A
Amiminoru 06.01.22

insel
Education of 9 grades of high school + sharaga. In the future, he scored on education and delved into the independent study of 3D graphics and English for as long as 6 years. There was a terrible nerdiness. At the moment I work in an outsourcing studio as a 3D environment and character artist. And my name can be seen in the credits of some AAA games. Actually what I want to say. First of all, you need to have desire

L
Le Gaspilleur 06.01.22

Amiminoru
A my name can be seen in the credits of some AAA games.
Game titles? If it's not a secret, of course ...

b
bloomm 06.01.22

there are no such educational institutions on the territory of the Russian Federation

A
Amiminoru 06.01.22

Le Gaspilleur
Dragon Age 2 (indura props, armor)
ME 2 Some interiors of
GTA 5 (city props)

Well, here's a screen of credits, which I made as a keepsake. YES 2 was the first large AAA project in which I was allowed to take part in the development

Spoiler

L
Le Gaspilleur 06.01.22

Amiminor
Molodchaga. For GTA 5, a special thank you, I am completely satisfied with the game)

T
TTG 06.01.22

Amiminoru
Thanks for the cut content from the stalker, the sock made from the tissues of a cow's stomach.

A
Amiminoru 06.01.22

Le Gaspilleur
Thank you.
I also like GTA 5, although I didn't even get through half of it. I don’t have that much time. I just ran to see my models in the game.

But for YES 2, I'm a little ashamed. I handed over some props of the model for the environment, among which there was a fireplace for filling the interior decoration. So the biovars messed up with the location and sunk the doors into the floor, thereby closing the fireplace.

Spoiler

L
Le Gaspilleur 06.01.22

Amiminoru
For me, as for an ordinary consumer, it seems like a normal fireplace.
Spoiler Here only in the grooves? Sides? spit suggests itself, with some kind of food)