3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RIFLIX 09.01.22 09:11 pm

sharp drops in the load on the GPU and CPU

in general, I played in new dawn, in the middle of the game the monitors went out, they are connected to the vidyuha. the game ran smoothly at ~ 20-30fps on ultras at 2k. Also, when I play cs, I periodically freeze the game, literally for a second, half, I decided to monitor the PC via msi afterburner - sharp drawdowns in the load of GPU and CPU.

i5 6500
xfx r9 390 8gb
asus z170 maximus viii ranger
corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3200mhz
650w psu
256gb ssd for Windows
2x1tb hdd for games

what to do?
44 Comments
Sort by:
Q
Qoold 09.01.22

RIFLIX
"game went smoothly ~ 20-30fps on ultra 2K"
You go?

t
tommy46 09.01.22

Qoold
Hahahahahaha. You are burning, man :)

01001000 01101001 09.01.22

Riley looks like a joke. Your video card does not hold a load of 100% either. And the processor does not drag the game, it is very weak. And start by replacing the HDD with an SSD, game location. Nowadays, it is not uncommon for weak indicators on the hard drive. And reduce the resolution to FullHD. The 2.5k card does not pull from you.

R
RIFLIX 09.01.22

01001000 01101001
ok, but with cop what to do? the main problem is that the cop is freezing ahah

01001000 01101001 09.01.22

RIFLIX wrote:
ok, but what to do with the cop?
To begin with, the tutki do not swear. ks dynamic shooter. There I hope 4k resolution and 20-30 frames. The graphon is not very good there. Vidos, at least with the indicators of the OED, deduced that eh. And then you say, and in the meantime, the reasons for the friezes are a carriage and a small cart - disk, percent, memory, video card, power supply. The whole computer is there, and even connected peripherals or unknown equipment. First, transfer to an SSD, for example.
Spoiler

D
Deshang 09.01.22

RIFLIX 1.
Start furmark, see how it will be with frequency stability. At the same time, see the voltage at 12v (Aida, gpu-z)
2. In gpu-z, on the sensors tab, look at the temperatures and voltages, ideally, as written above, record the moment of frequency reset with all readings on the video.
3.What is the model of the power supply, the exact name? How old is he? When you turn on the PC, there are no strange sounds such as hiss or squeaks by chance?
Write all the information together at once.

IMHO, the point is in the block, it can no longer hold the required voltage at a high current. Or the matter is in the power supply system on the video card itself.
I myself faced a similar throttling of the insertion frequencies due to overheating of the mosfets, when I put too much voltage on the SoC

R
RIFLIX 09.01.22

Deshang
will be interested if the third block in a row dies. corsair cv650, 3 years old to him, from the store.
https://www.transferxl.com/download/08jB1Bm1Trnjk - xs, mb you will hear something here.
I went to do the above.

D
Deshang 09.01.22

RIFLIX
In such a noise, it is definitely impossible to make out. I used this as a way to find the right direction. A faulty conduit can hiss and pee before death, because of which everything falls in the load.
The block itself is quite normal, it should calmly hold the card + percent. Unless your network voltage is constantly unstable and frequent surges, then there is a chance of such a quick failure, but this is still one of the options without confirmation.
In general, write down how the results will be))

S
Space Marine 13.01.22

RIFLIX
If you do not change the PSU and take 12600k, the drawdowns will be even lower, as consumption will grow even more.

My 12 year old Corsair VX550 is 11.968-12.034. In the furmark, it sinks only up to 11.910, I measured it with a multimeter. True, I now have a video card with a consumption of 160w, and not 275 like yours. In any case, something is wrong with your PSU, you need to change it, it’s not that you don’t hold the load, it’s even idle at 12v.
And with such a video card, it’s better not to even look at deshman blocks, in a couple of years the situation may repeat itself. Well, or change the video card to something more modern and energy efficient, but with current prices, you can see for yourself.

D
Deshang 13.01.22

RIFLIX
Well, here's the reason for you, dead block (again). The ATX standard of course provides for deviations of 5% to 11.4, but in fact modern hardware will not work stably in such conditions. In addition, judging by the reviews, your model in normal working condition does not sink below 12.
But before going for a new unit, I would advise you to check the voltage in the network 220, maybe there is not even 180.

M
Marsj 13.01.22

Deshang
Can dead mate. pay.

R
RIFLIX 13.01.22

Space Marine
and what blocks can be taken in this case, so as not to change them every 2-3 years?

S
Space Marine 13.01.22

RIFLIX I
recommend buying the cheapest multimeter for 350r and checking the 12v line with it in idle and under load in a furmark. The numbers that the motherboard writes may not be accurate.
Regarding what to buy, I have not been following the power supply market for a long time. I know that Beakwight, Superflaver, Sisoniki, the same Corsair are not bad now. But I won’t say anything about prices, before a superflaver for 550 could be bought for 4500, how much it costs now, xs.
And, if the video card is not dead, try downvolting it. I think you can throw off 30-50 watts of consumption. And maybe more.

D
Deshang 13.01.22

Marsj
Maybe so, of course, if the multimeter readings show normal voltages.

M
Marsj 13.01.22

Space Marine
GPU is not loaded, the temperature is less than 60 degrees, GPU power consumption is not visible.

M
MunchkiN 616 13.01.22

it is possible simply due to the fact that the system on the ssd and the disk with the game has time to stop and it turns out a prolag for the time of its promotion, or maybe the paging file is small and weak on the ssd or not at all.
It is necessary to look at how such a drawdown can be correlated, and if it is rare (once every 30 minutes), you can finally score.
and in the form of a shooter, the couple is strange, I would try to slow down the memory to the one that the processor controller holds. and maybe finally something else is the reason, or maybe the reason is in the ssd, which periodically blunts.
the power supply is unlikely to be the problem.

M
Marsj 13.01.22

The DDR4-2133 mode might help.

S
Space Marine 13.01.22

Marsj
A man played FC New Dawn in 2k, obviously with 20-30 fps the vidyuha was loaded at 100% and consumed all its 250-280w. His screen is off. Now he has lags in games and
RIFLIX wrote:
12v voltage jumps from 11.75 (default) to 11.38/11.50 at furmark
In normal condition, this PSU should not sag under load like that. And he has 11.75 without load.
Ofk, perhaps after that shutdown something happened in the MP or in the RAM.
It is possible that the PSU is now squandered on all lines, and not just on 12v.
The easiest way in this case is to shoot another PSU somewhere and check.
Due to hard or ssd, the contra will not lag, it does not load anything from there during the match.

M
Marsj 13.01.22

Space Marine
Only the author did not specify whether the PC turned off or not. The black screen may be due to the drivers for the video card. If something had burned down, it would have smelled burnt.

S
Space Marine 13.01.22

Marsj Does
n't matter. 11.75v in idle is already a signal to check the PSU. Everything else is guesswork and sorting out options.
The author writes that the third block in a row is dying, perhaps the problem is in its network and a good stabilizer is needed.