3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RIFLIX 09.01.22 09:11 pm

sharp drops in the load on the GPU and CPU

in general, I played in new dawn, in the middle of the game the monitors went out, they are connected to the vidyuha. the game ran smoothly at ~ 20-30fps on ultras at 2k. Also, when I play cs, I periodically freeze the game, literally for a second, half, I decided to monitor the PC via msi afterburner - sharp drawdowns in the load of GPU and CPU.

i5 6500
xfx r9 390 8gb
asus z170 maximus viii ranger
corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3200mhz
650w psu
256gb ssd for Windows
2x1tb hdd for games

what to do?
44 Comments
Sort by:
R
RIFLIX 13.01.22

Marsj
the sound of the fk environment remained in the headphones, the monitors showed no signal and turned off. Then I tried to restart the vidyuhi driver through win shift ctrl b, it did not help. pc continue to make noise after turning off the monitors, the cooler was spinning all things.

M
Marsj 13.01.22

Space Marine
I agree, BP is at the minimum limit. Power supply tolerances for + 12VDC +11.400 V +12.600 V.

S
Space Marine 13.01.22

Marsj
These are the numbers that the motherboard showed after its filters and stabilizations.
In reality, it could be even worse. Therefore, I advise you to pick up a multimeter and measure yourself.
And those figures that you cited are allowable drawdowns under maximum load. The TSa under load furmark was 11.38. And this is not even 50% of the BP workload, but something close to only 40%. And constant work under voltage drop is not good, since these are increased currents.

M
Marsj 13.01.22

RIFLIX
If the PSU has several 12V lines, then change the line to the video card.

S
Space Marine 13.01.22

Marsj
The cv650 has only one 12v line.
And he has nothing to change, this PSU has only 2 video card power cables, and both are involved in this case.

M
MunchkiN 616 13.01.22

this PSU has only 2 video card power cables and both are involved in this case.
you can try molex. but most likely if the card had not been pulled out, the screen would simply turn off and the game would hang or jump to output 2 and there, in fact, everything would end with the inscription the video driver stopped responding.
a very rare problem when the block does not export and the card limits its frequencies.

S
Space Marine 13.01.22

MunchkiN 616
Molexes will not give anything, corsairs have normal wires of their own, problems with them are unlikely. In general, it is not a fact that the voltage drop affects the video card, and not the percentage or memory.
The easiest option to start with would be to check the PSU, throw another one, obviously working, into the computer and see. If it doesn’t get better, it’s already dancing from the video card, motherboard, memory and processor. Before changing any parts, you must first determine what the problem is. Perhaps the stabilizer has died somewhere and any drawdown in the network causes lags in games. And he could die from the fact that the computer worked for a long time at low voltage.

01001000 01101001 19.01.22

RIFLIX
You have a good FPS, but friezes from time to time, it seems. Turn on the frame time graph, it will be better seen. Look, I played the same with friezes, what I came up with:
5 points1. Disk parking - disable. Description: https://procompy.ru/programmy/otkluchit-parkovku-golovok-zhestkiy-disk
2. Clogged Windows cache. in the Manager set, the memory is "cached". Look: the same panacea for friezes.
3. BP. There is such an example. Straight personal. There were drawdowns on one of the PCs, they disappeared after the replacement. GPU Z to help you, there is a 12 Volt line, evaluate it under load. A deviation of 5% is acceptable.
4. Turn off the power savers in the power settings. In this case, DISK to "Turn off hard drives after is ZERO"
5. Try to disable the paging file, and play. In this game. Return later at the choice of the system.
It all works, to one degree or another.

R
RIFLIX 19.01.22

01001000 01101001
for 240 hertz I think it's not enough 🤔

01001000 01101001 19.01.22

RIFLIX
There will be more only on a more powerful processor, for example 12900k, 1300 FPS, if you want. And the i5-6500 has long been a very weak processor. Buy at least 5600X / 12400F, it is much more productive per core. The CS has an emphasis on the core.
Spoiler

R
RIFLIX 19.01.22

gpu-z sensors
when recording the screen at idle 11.75, without recording at idle 11.88
with recording drops to 11.5 at furmark, without recording 11.63 the

multimeter showed
at idle 12.11-12.12v, with furmark 12.06-12.07

S
Space Marine 19.01.22

RIFLIX
Means with BP everything is all right.
Try to run the RAM in TestMem5, and then the processor and video card in the OCCT tests. If no errors come out anywhere, then it is unlikely that the cause of the friezes is in the hardware.
For example, I once had random friezes on a Ryzen 1600. It turned out that the fault was the chipset driver, in particular the built-in sat driver. After its removal, there were no more friezes with the standard Windows sata driver, I stumbled upon it by typing.
You can also try to transfer the games to the SSD, and disconnect the HDD from the computer altogether and check the games for friezes, try other sat ports on the motherboard, disconnect unnecessary equipment, if connected.

M
Marsj 19.01.22

Space Marine
First, try DDR4-2133 (the maximum memory frequency for an i5 6500 processor).

S
Space Marine 19.01.22

Marsj
You wrote it above. I already mean that the author tried resetting the bios. I just don’t see the point in writing the same thing that was already written before me.

R
RIFLIX 19.01.22

Space Marine
about a year or 2 ago I had problems with fk4, crashed after a couple of hours of playing, my brother clicked something in the BIOS and, it seems, stopped crashing, since then I haven’t touched anything. testmem5 showed no errors. I'm going to check percent and gp with occt. In the near future I will try to reset the bios and put 2133.

R
RIFLIX 19.01.22

occt cpu

R
RIFLIX 19.01.22

occt gpu

R
RIFLIX 19.01.22

after that, all the crackling started in the pc when the video is playing and just when using the pc, I also noticed an intermittent but constant squeak in the pc
in the cs friezes became less 🤔

in principle, there is a possibility of upgrading to i9 12900k, is it worth it?
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/riflix/saved/#view=3FD3wP

S
Space Marine 19.01.22

RIFLIX wrote:
in principle, it is possible to upgrade to i9 12900k, is it worth it?
No, well, if there is an opportunity, upgrade.
But whether it makes sense to put 12900k on a 1060-level card is an open question. If you are not going to buy a top-end video card later, then 12400f + b660 is enough for games.

M
Marsj 19.01.22

RIFLIXSpace Marine
For games 12400f and with a top-end video card, it's enough for the eyes. 12900k for work applications.