3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
kile [Natural Sick] 09.01.22 10:16 pm

Question about gravity

Everyone knows that acceleration is a vector quantity, which means that it should add up as a vector. Suppose a rocket takes off with an acceleration of 1g. The ground pulls the rocket down at an acceleration of 1g. The acceleration of the rocket is directed upward, the acceleration of gravity is directed downward. We add the same and opposite accelerations and we get 0. Therefore, there should be weightlessness on board such a rocket. However, an astronaut on such a rocket will weigh twice as much as before, as if an acceleration of 2g acts on him (tested experimentally). Is the vector addition law violated? What is the reason for this phenomenon.?
14 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexator 09.01.22

Is it that you got the vectors wrong? And by the way, comment on how in free fall a person finds himself in weightlessness.

B
Belomorkanal 09.01.22

kile [There is only one natural patient in the whole country]
The reason is absolutely incorrect interpretation of the laws of physics. All because of the porridge in my head.

k
kile [Natural Sick] 09.01.22

Belomorkanal
So you explain it.

D
Dr_Drift_RU 09.01.22

kile [There is only one natural patient in the whole country], IMHO there is not a correct understanding of the stated result. If the rocket engine creates an acceleration of 1g in the opposite direction to the gravitational force of our planet, then the weight of the ship is leveled and there can be no flight. At the same time, the 1g force hit by the planet is still felt on board.
If, during the flight, a force of 2g is felt on board the ship, then the engines create an acceleration of 2g, in the opposite direction with respect to the gravitational force of the planet. And the rocket itself has an acceleration of 1g in relation to the surface of the earth, in the opposite direction to it.
All this is true for the initial conditions, where the rocket is on the launch pad, with the engines directed downward, to the ground.
As a rule, engine power is measured by tractive effort in kilograms, tons, newtons, because acceleration is a relative thing.

M
MunchkiN 616 09.01.22

0 cannot be in any way by the mass vector if it moves away from the point of gravity. it can only at the speed of free fall then the gravitational potential and the acceleration potential balance each other. otherwise, the opposite happens.

I do not understand the current of another physical phenomenon of pitch. why the zvizdalet falls back if it has not reached the flight speed. after all, the farther from the planet, the lower the force of gravity. if it is detached from the planet or the solar system, which aims to maintain the acceleration impulse and move slowly like an elevator doing work with nozzles. I considered the proportion of the mass of brown matter that must be thrown off the ship to accelerate relative to the center of forces during the ejection. but if, for example, the work occurs impulsively, the law of the exit of any missiles does not work.

D
Dr_Drift_RU 09.01.22

MunchkiN 616, in terms of the first space, the second, etc. this is meant for a body without engines, that is, for any stone or artificial satellite that wants to spend less fuel. If the fuel supply and thrust are a little limited, then you can take off at any desired speed.

k

Dr_Drift_RU
You're right. I didn’t think that there would be understanding people here.

A
Alexator 09.01.22

kile [A natural patient in the whole country is the only one]
if you yourself do not know, how did you determine what is right?

k

Alexator
When I asked the question, I knew the answer. I just wanted a little physics.

A
Alexator 09.01.22

kile [A natural patient in the whole country is the only one like that] you
're lying: C

n
nagrizolich 09.01.22

I just wanted a little physics.

September is near, just be patient

L
Le Gaspilleur 09.01.22

Is the vector addition law violated? What is the reason for this phenomenon.?
All yogi astronauts are capable of levitation.

k

Le Gaspilleur
Humanist, this topic is not for you.

L
Le Gaspilleur 09.01.22

kile [The only natural patient in the whole country]
When I asked the question, I knew the answer.
Well, yes, here you can bank.